“Not the DC Teaism” 3 of 5 stars

Description: https://teaism.com/Restaurant/OldTown.html
Alexandria, Va
“Not the DC Teaism”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have loved eating at Teaism for years especially in the DC Penn Quarter. I was very excited when I heard of that Teaism would be opening closer to home in Alexandria. I've been here twice now and first and foremost, I'm very disappointed that the menu is NOT THE SAME. I was told that they've allowed variations in the menu. If only the variations were as good or better, I would understand but that is not the case. First, the food takes MUCH longer to serve. I was told this was because the DC restaurants have pre-prepared food; but if so, doesn't taste like it. The food on my first visit was average, and the beer choices were okay. The Alexandria place has a bar unlike the DC restaurants.

On my second and LAST visit, I ordered one of my standard favorites, the salmon bento box. I found the rice to be somewhat tasteless as was the salmon. Instead of the edamame, I got cold supposedly grilled carrots that were disgusting. The cucumber salad also was cold and tasteless except for some peppers.

I will stick to the DC Teaism, and hope they have NOT adopted the menu changes of the Alexandria restaurant.

• Visited June 2012