“Always a good time ..despite the crappy food and weak drinks” 3 of 5 stars

Activities: Nightlife
Attraction Details
Kabul
15 attraction reviews
“Always a good time ..despite the crappy food and weak drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Birch me is one of my fave music venues in va. The food is pretty crappy. Mixed drinks are expensive and weak. But the venue itself is pretty cool.

Visited January 2013

Orange, Virginia, United States
“Great Music Experience (and sweet potato)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Some people give mixed reviews because of the sound system, or lack thereof. But honestly,where can you sit 15 feet from your favorite artist? We saw Madeleine Peyroux and she did not disappoint! This was quite possibly the best performance I've ever seen/heard. Sure, the Birchmere isn't the most sophisticated music venue, but the initimate setting was absolutely perfect for Madeleine's music. As usual, the food is decent, but definitely order the sweet potato with brown sugar cinnamon butter. It rivals any 5-star dessert I've ever tasted! (Although, it actually comes as a side with the bbq chicken). Ov.erall, a great music experience

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
19 attraction reviews
“Nice intimate Spot to see great acts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first time coming to this venue. I had heard of good things about this place but wanted to see for my self. I visited this spot to see Mint Condition.. My fav. band!! I wasn't prepared for just how up and personal I would be able to get with my band!!! Because I arrived early before the box office arrived I was able to get in extra early to select where I would like to sit! I was able to sit so close I could see the sweat drip off of the lead singers brow..... Yeah.. NIce.. (sorry... smiling too hard about that) The food menu was nice... I order the catfish with red beans and rice... The fish was good I wish the food temp was hotter but I realized that this place was pumping out food by the pounds due to the whole place ordering at one time. My bestfriend order salmon and her salmon was good. I did notice the Nachos as previously described by other reviewers... They looked aweful!! So.. yeah... stay way from those... I saw the Shrimp and grits and they looked good. The porkchop looked amazing as well.. The drink prices were high so instead we order a bottle of wine which was nice... Our server was nice but wasn't able to be as attentive as we would have liked... I wanted to order to dessert but she returned with our check... Oh well... Regardless we had a great time... We didn't come here to dine.. We came to see the show and see the show we DID!! Definately would come back here again to see any of my fav artist!! BTW.... when I say arrive early for great seats... I arrived at 4 p.m. and waited for the box office to open in line with other patrons... WHien I arrived at 4 I was like the 20th person in line... The people who just showed up when the box office opened... I felt sorry for them... it left them looking for any open seats...

Visited March 2013
Hanover, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Intimate setting for live perfomances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The space is cozy. You can actually see the performers faces when you are there. Meals are good with a variety from hearty to lite selections. You have to get there early to get a good number for seating before popular shows.

Visited September 2012
North Springfield, VA
6 attraction reviews
“Great concert venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We saw Eddie from Ohio at the Birchmere, and had a great time. The food and the service were good, and they had a nice selection of draft beers.

Visited February 2013