My husband and I rented a room here based on the mostly good TA reviews, location near Old Town Alexandria, and the cheap price. We don't like to spend a lot of money on hotels/motels, we only ask for a clean, reasonably comfortable room in a good location (walking distance to our points of interest). We really liked it. The rooms are basic, but very clean, and the king size bed was very comfortable. The TV and the AC/Fan unit worked well. The sound of the fan drowned out most of the outside noise for us. We were only awakened once by a siren, not much you can do about that. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
We have stayed at the Holiday Inn nearby before, but it is twice the price and farther away from Old Town. My only criticism would be that the room had a bit of a musty odor (as many hotel/motel rooms do), but we turned on the fan and it helped.
For the price, in this location, it is a real find. We would gladly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Towne Motel Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Towne Motel Alexandria Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towne Motel is centrally located near some of Washington D.C.’s best sites such as The White House, Arlington National Cemetery, The Pentagon, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Convention Center, Georgetown University and Andrews Air Force Base. The Towne Motel offers guests FREE High-speed Wireless Internet access, In-Room Keurig K-Cup Coffee Makers, Refrigerator, Microwave, Hair dryer, Iron & board, Direct TV with Showtime and ESPN packages and Free Parking. All Non-Smoking rooms. Unfortunately, pets are not accepted at this location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, T4B, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Towne Motel Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.