“Creative artists galore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Torpedo Factory Art Center

Torpedo Factory Art Center
105 N Union St., Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
+1 703-838-4565
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Alexandria
Type: Art Galleries, Shopping
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Art in Person and in Progress. Located in Old Town Alexandria, the Torpedo Factory Art Center is home to 150+ working artists, 6 galleries, The Art League, and the Alexandria Archaeology Museum.
San Francisco
39 attraction reviews
“Creative artists galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lots of great studios fill the nooks and crannies of this building. Some very creative ideas are being applied to art. Many artists are friendly and the work for sale spans the spectrum from well-done to quirky to super fun.

Visited March 2013

Marietta, Georgia, United States
5 attraction reviews
“You could stay all day browsing and still not see everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I absolutely love going to the Torpedo Factory Art Center. There is so much so look at and lust after!! I am not artistic at all so I marvel at the talent and creativity on display. They have wonderful art appreciation and training programs for the community too. I traveled from Atlanta to attend the recent Patrons' Art Show which is so much fun. (Check their website for info.) Love Rose and Suzanne in the Gallery too!

Grapevine, Texas
“Great Art Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love the torpedo factory. I love the concept. It's basically a shopping mall for art. Each mini-gallery is different from the next and you never know what you may find. While it is good to see the masters in downtown DC's galleries. There is something more exciting about seeing art being created locally. It reminds you that art isn't just history.

I have purchased a couple of things here. But I always find myself wanting to find something else. I haven't found the piece that reaches out and grabs me just yet. But I know I will find it someday. In the mean-time, I'll take one of those quirky puzzles, please.

Wilmington, DE
12 attraction reviews
“Visual Arts Festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Torpedo Factory in Old Town is like having a permanent festival for the visual arts. It is a multi level building in what was an old torpedo factory on the Potomac River that houses artists displaying their works for sale as well as an art school. Wonderful display from local talented artists, sculptors, and crafts people.

Kensington, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
“Out of the mainstream art.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Torpedo Factory is a great place to visit for artistic inspiration and to see and purchase original art. There are many mediums on display and for sale and the artists are open and willing to share about their art. Zsuzsi Wolf was wonderful when we went to have our wedding bands re-done. She worked with us and was open to our ideas. Being in the heart of Old Town Alexandria also lends to waterfront escapades and good food of many types not to mention the other unique shops in town. It's a great place to spend a day.