“Comfortable, Clean, Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Virginia
“Comfortable, Clean, Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband I stayed here for the weekend as we did some sightseeing at the Smithsonian and National Zoo. The hotel is convenient to a Whole Foods and there are several other restaurants within walking distance. Also, we walked to the metro station at King Street. The hotel breakfast was good - decent food and a good variety of choices. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Returning to the Old Town area of Alexandria, and this is a great place to stay. The location is great - just a block or two from Metro, a few blocks from anything in old Town.

The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. Our rate was outstanding this trip (AAA), and breakfast was free and a definite upgrade from usual hotel breakfasts. The parking garage was convenient and easy to use (although expect $18/day charge). Free Internet... nice!

We would return here, and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Hotel was just as good as someone told me it was going to be. I had Room 810 with a corner view top floor and it was great. I was able to see the Washington Monument from my bed. The overall experience was good. The Beds were very comfortable and that was a pleasent surprise. The only things I would change were that the breakfast was not as good as I expected and ended too early. M-F 7am to 9am and Sat and Sun ends 9:30. With kids not getting out early enough to eat was a problem but with a wonderful Whole Foods supermarket just 2 short blocks away it was easy to stock up the fridge with bagles and all sorts of snacks. It is a easy walk to the train and a very safe place to stay. Parking was easy and more reasonable than some other hotels in the area. Free wifi was great and it was quiet. The pool was small but the kids still enjoyed it. Overall it was a nice stay and if I had to do it over I made the right choice. I had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 full baths and a livingroom. Perfect for kids all the room you could need.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I was highly impressed by the service at the Residence Inn (Mariott) in Old Town Alexandria, VA. The food was great and the service was excellent. Very professional and attentive staff.

We arrived at our hotel several hours early, a staff person was able to check us in early. The staff then went a step further by offering my father and I the complimentary breakfast even though we were not due to check in later on that day. They offered advice on the local sites and directions and even sent us a shirt we left in our hotel room upon departure.

I think it is a rarity to find the quality customer service that my father and I encountered at the Residence Inn. That is why I give the staff a 5 out of 5.

Wesley Cormier
Aberdeen, WA 98520

• Stayed August 2010
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel since the first week of May 2010 and will most likely be here through the end of the year. I've stayed her for extended periods in the past and I would not want to stay anywhere else. The staff is so amazingly accommodating you feel there's almost nothing you can't ask of them.
The rooms are spacious, the location is perfect, the staff is very helpful and respectful, The breakfast buffet should leave no one wanting.
There is a free hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel so if you go out for a walk through old towne and a storm breaks out you can call the hotel and they will come pick you up. Just make sure you take care of the drivers. They've had to come get me a couple of times.
This hotel is very safe and the staff responds immediately to any concerns you bring.
the maintenance staff is equally responsive should you have difficulties w/ the A/C, TV, Wi-Fi, or any of the appliances. They also have grocery shopping services if your schedule does not allow for you to get to the store yourself.
I will be sad to leave.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
SW VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Nice hotel in a very good location. Room was a studio suite--contemporary decor, very clean, nice big flat screen TV. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet. Free dinner Monday-Thursdays, free Washington Post, even on Sunday. Nice pool, long enough to swim short laps, and a lifeguard on duty made sure kids didn't come to the pool without their parents (thanks!). 4 blocks to the metro, 2 blocks to a Whole Foods with great hot and cold food bar carryout, 1 block to a Crate & Barrel outlet store. Quick ride to downtown DC, quick access to the beltway. Staff was friendly and courteous. An excellent home base for sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We just returned from Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town. Overall I am pleased with our stay of 5 nights. We had 2 rooms and one of the rooms had a problem with the A/C for the first 3 nights. I complained about it numerous times before it got fixed. However, the manager compensated for our troubles in a way that we were satisfied with and therefore I would return to this hotel.
The hotel is clean and in a good location. Only 2 city blocks from the train station. They have a shuttle to the train station but it is almost faster to walk there. Whole foods is only a short walk away and on many nights we got dinner there after a long day of sightseeing in D.C. Very convenient. Hotel breakfast is good but long lines on the weekends. The free internet (wired and wireless) was nice.
We love D.C. ... so much to see and do there. Never got to Old Town Alexandria which I hear is wonderful. But we'll be back and will stay at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family