“The PERFECT hotel and stay!!!! SERIOUSLY” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
ohio
“The PERFECT hotel and stay!!!! SERIOUSLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

My stay at the residence inn marriott in alexandria old town Virginia was completely amazing. I come to washington dc every year and i have experienced several hotel chains/rooms and by far no one surpasses this hotel! Things that i appreciated was the secure parking garage, elevators, laundry rooms, and fitness room that are only accesible from room key. Your security is put to ease! also the hotel staff were soo extremely respectful, and at your service 24/7 with a smile. There is free shuttle from hotel to whereever you need to go. We are .5 mile from the metro station yet its location remains quiet. The continental breakfast was amazing and a lot of choices. It tastes great and was offered for a great amount of time. the room itself (mine was a single bed room) is truely spacious, clean, and comes with the comforts of home (dishwasher, garbage disposal, full fridge/freezer, real dishes and cookware, stove, flat screen tv, king size bed and pull out bed, dinnette table and office desk). the only things i could "complain about" would be.. there is no counter space within the bathroom itself.. there is a spacious vanity area outside of the actual bathroom though but its hard to have a place to put your things unless you want to use the back of the toilet. Also there is no change machine in the laundry room, you must have your own or get your change made at the front desk. Other than that..;. it was a perfect wonderful amazing experience and i recommend this hotel to EVERYONE..... you wont be disappointed!!! Any photos this hotel shows you online of the rooms is exactly what you get... its a great price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Bala Cynwyd, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I can only add my voice to all the positive reviews. We had a great stay and would return in a heartbeat. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed in where everybody I ran into would burst into spontaneous raves about how much they liked the hotel. It's near the Amtrak station and the Metro. Rooms are great value for the money. With kitchens, so you can shop at the nearby Whole Foods Market and eat in the room, which is quite a money saver. Excellent breakfast in the lobby. Even a pool! Pool is small for lap swimming but great for a refreshing dip. Staff were well-informed and friendly. I've stayed at more elegant places right in the heart of Alexandria but they all cost twice as much. (I'm concerned about a prior review that mentioned bed bugs, but I've been home for 4 days and no itching yet.)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

This hotel was great. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. It was quiet and the breakfast buffet was delicious. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Wake Forest, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We took long weekend trip to DC, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly! Close to the Metro, indoor pool for kids (a must for us travelling w/kids), pool is more like a lap pool, about 4 ft deep, so maybe not perfect for wee little ones without floatation assistance. Breakfast was FANTASTIC. Manager reception in the evening (Mon-Thurs) nice treat as well. All Hotel staff members were extremely helpful and friendly. We noticed several hotel guests had dogs - so I am assuming a pet friendly hotel to boot! Room even had micorwave pocorn for latenight snack. Beds were amazingly comfortable. We definitely recommend!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We had just joined marriott rewards abd booked this hotel based on trip advisor comments and the courtesy of the Marriott booking staff. It is a clean hotel in a great location and with a fantastic staff. We have stayed in Old Alexandria before and use it for our visits to DC. The metro is right there as is the Old Town trolley which travels the King Street historic area whch is full of shopping and restaurants. The room has a full frig, stove, sink, dishwasher and microwave as well as a dining area in the room and dishes to use. If you prefer there is a breakfast served every morning. They will even shop for you if you want to eat in your room

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

My fiance and I stayed here after spending an evening dining at Chart House in Old Town for Valentines Day. Despite a loud heating/AC system in the room that woke my fiance up multiple times during the night every time it kicked out, our stay was fine. It wasn't until the next morning around noon after we'd left the hotel that I started experiencing itching on my arms. Later that day I took off my shirt to see what was going on, and there were about 20 bites on my left arm, about 8-10 on my right, and at least 2 on my neck..a couple here and there on my left leg.

Many years ago in my college dorm there was a bed bug issue, and these bites are IDENTICAL in looks and discomfort to those I had back then. I called the hotel to express my anger with this, and asked them to check the room. When I finally was able to talk to someone about it 2 days later, the Director of Loss Prevention, he was extremely defensive and stand-off-ish. "We checked the room and there are no bed bugs." Please explain how then I have over 30 bites from sleeping in your hotels bed. The worst part is I had gone home and set the bag that had the clothes I slept in in the htoel on my bed, and had even laid down in my bed before putting 2 and 2 together. Now I have to gut my bedroom and spend many hours cleaning, and money getting the supplies.

I am a Silver Rewards Member and was using my annual free night stay for this stay. They didn't even offer to comp anything, the stay, the $15/night parking, nothing. I have stayed at well over 50 Marriott's in the last 2 years and never experienced such rudeness in customer service, or been bitten.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY MARRIOTT AND THEIR BED BUGS. I stayed in room 817.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
RIOldTownManager, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
Dear Reviewer12484,

Thank you for voicing your concerns. I understand that the manager's spoke to your and/or your fiance this weekend. The hotel has completed a thorough investigation to this claim. Our investigation was immediately conducted by a 3rd Party. We can conclude that the room you mentioned had absolutely no trace of pests. We would be happy to discuss with you further. Please feel free to call our hotel at 703-548-5474.

Hotel Management
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

My wife & I and 2 kids (aged 7&8) stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend and as the first time we went to DC. Alexandria was exactly what we like, a nice quietish town with a great high street and restaurants to enjoy at night-time after a long day exploring the city. Metro is only 5 mins walk away and is about 7 stops into DC center.
Hotel was nice & comfortable, typical of this brand. Pretty clean, the breakfast buffet was a bit of a battle on one of the mornings, but given the rate you pay incl. breakfast , I wouldn't complain about this too much. There's a small pool which kids enjoyed splashing in after a day's walking in DC.

Staff were very good, always helpful. They have a free shuttle to the top of Old Town, but if you don't mind walking and weather is OK, it's much nicer to stroll down along the main street.
Good, well-priced, clean hotel in a great location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street? Share your experiences!