“Convenient location offering clean, comfortable rooms and suites.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #15 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Powhatan, Virginia
“Convenient location offering clean, comfortable rooms and suites.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hotel is located about a block from the King Street Metro station in Alexandria. Typical Marriott Residence Inn offering suites and large rooms. Suites provide a separate living/kitchen area with a small cooktop and refrigerator. Very clean and well appointed with a comfortable queen bed. I believe this property does not offer king beds. So, be sure to ask when making your reservation. Comes with a complimentary breakfast buffet and a light dinner "social" buffet Mondays through Wednesdays. Within walking distance of Old Town Alexandria.

Room Tip: Try the rear of the hotel that overlooks the Alexandria National Cemetery. There are 8 floors. Rec...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Edwin P, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Good Day Terry B. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here in Alexandria. We are thrilled to hear that our spacious suites, complementary breakfast, and our evening social hour all helped in making your stay that much better while you were here in Alexandria.

The team and I here at the Hotel hope that you will join us again during your next visit to the Washington D.C. area.

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have family in Alexandria and whenever we visit we stay at this hotel. It is always clean and a perfect location! Friendly staff, parking is easy, breakfast great, rooms clean and well appointed. Rates always good as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Edwin P, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi lovattm. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your most recent stay here with us at our Hotel. My team and I are always so happy to hear when our guest's have such a wonderful stay in Alexandria and that our Hotel helped make that happen. We hope that you will continue to join us during future visits with your family here in the Alexandria area and we look forward to continuing to provide you with a memorable stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

From booking through to check out I was impressed with the Residence Inn. I travel a lot for work and wrote to the manager before I arrived advising him of my early arrival (0730) and requesting if an early check-in was possible. I immediately received a friendly email response. I was able to check in early (which after traveling for 30+ hours is a big thing). The hotel was clean, safe and located close to Duke St Metro (4 minutes walking). The staff were friendly and professional. The included breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were well suited to a longer stay and were clean, very comfortable and quiet. I will definitely be staying again. Usually I stay downtown in DC but the slight inconvenience of not being downtown was more than compensated by price, service, friendliness, access to Metro.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Edwin P, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Kiwi124. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your stay here in our Hotel. First, we are happy we were able to accomodate your request after what must have been quite a long trip to Old-Town. We hope that your experience here at our Hotel with your interactions with our staff, hotels location, and our various ammenities will garner a return visit during your next trip.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you had a safe journey back to New Zealand.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great hotel for the price and nice staff. Close to the metro and rooms were nice. The gym equipment was a little used, but their selection of equipment and weights was not bad for that price point. I stayed there for a week and did not have any trouble.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Good Day AdonisC2. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here in Old-Town. We are glad to hear that your week long stay with us helped make your business trip a success. Also, I am glad to hear that our fitness center allowed you to maintain your fitness routine while traveling.

We hope that you will join us again during future visits to the Alexandria area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Comfortable rooms, great staff, great location. When I can't get into the King Street Hilton, this is the place to stay. The Residence Inn is only a couple of blocks from the King Street Metro and backs up the historic Alexandria National Cemetery (and great place for a historical walk). The rooms are really comfortable and spacious, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Edwin P, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good Day LIV2FLY. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here in Alexandria. We are glad to hear that you enjo staying at our property when you travel to Old Town and hope that we may become your number one choice in the future. I am also personally glad to see that you were able to take advantage and explore the original National Cemetary which is located behind our property as it really is a piece of our Nation's history.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Clifton, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I kept returning to this hotel because it was reliably clean and had decent suites and breakfast, with a good location. BUT, no more. the past two times, the internet was not working and they apologized - "sorry, but we are fixing it".
Today, I just checked in and overheard desk clerk speaking with another guest explaining that they were WORKING TO FIX IT. I was assured it would be up and running soon. NOPE. the ethernet cable connection works, even though the connection is sometimes lost, but the cable is short. no internet in lobby.
Also, I requested several more blankets, which arrived very quickly, BUT they opened the room without knocking!! just walked right in!
I will try another hotel next trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RIOldTownManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for the comments and review of our hotel. I appreciate all feedback.

I sincerely apologize about your experiences with our internet access. There was an evening where the entire network crashed on the East Coast. I admit it bothered us as much as it bothered our guests. When you agreed to stay with us again, we made a commitment to you to provide memorable service. Quite obviously, we did not deliver this promise.

I am embarrassed to learn of the staff entering the room abruptly. That is beneath our standards and will not be tolerated. I am so sorry for this intrusion.

I welcome a chance to resolve this with you on a more personal level. I welcome a phone call or email (703-310-3040 or ri.wasdk.gm@marriott.com).

I hope to hear from you.

Mike Wilson
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Within walking distance form King Street Metro station, it provides lots of amenities (refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave), very comfortable bed, good quality hot breakfast bar with scrambled eggs and sausage, waffle station, oatmeal and parking in a garage. Wired or wireless internet connection is free. The reasons it does not get the 5th star is a worn-out desk chair and high adder for parking the car.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Edwin P, Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Good Day Henn R. Thank you so much for taking the time to share some of your feedback from your recent stay here at our Hotel in Old Town. We are so glad that you found our Hotel, its location, and our various ammenities to be just what you needed for a great stay here in Alexandria. I do want to apologize for the desk chair in you room and let you know we are actually in the process of replacing those chairs that are showing wear and I will personally work with our Housekeeping teams to continue to identify those chairs needing attention.

Thank you again so much for providing such wonderful insight on your stay and we hope you will join us again during your next visit to Alexandria.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street? Share your experiences!