“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Knoxvillian
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wanted to stay close to our daughter who lives in Alexandria. Very nice and clean hotel. The room have a full kitchen, living area (which we didn't need or use) and separate bedroom. Great for long term stays! The bedroom was little small but since you pretty much just sleep in it, it was okay. Very comfortable bed. Note: They only have queen size beds!

Room Tip: All rooms only have a queen size bed, but also a pull out couch. If you are looking for a king, you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Here is what you get here, a queen bed and a pullout couch with lots of space a kitchen and couch that is the pullout. Everything here is great, the location, secure parking, nice queen bed etc.... But I gave his a low rating because I have two kids that slept (I spent one night) on a horrible pullout couch. This mattress (or maybe all pullout mattresses) was extremely uncomfortable. No big deal if a couple is spending the night but no more than two in a room. Also the breakfast is great and mon and Tuesday nights is dinner included with two beers or two glasses of wine included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I arrived the day after an epic storm that brought prolonged power failures to the area. The hotel had power, and therefore had a sudden influx of guests from locations that did not. A sign was posted on the doors stating that there were no vacancies, but the walk-ins and calls kept the front desk staff hopping. Still, they never let a guest wait more than a minute or two for help.
Later, the hotel did lose power for a few hours as repairs were made to other hard hit areas. Pete kept everything running smoothly, reassuring guests that the one elevator was operating on a generator and was safe to use. He never stopped moving, helping guests all weekend without ever seeming tired or stressed.
The entire property was immaculate, despite having full occupancy and being pet friendly. I never saw a single spot, piece of trash or item out of place. Housekeeping services were plentiful and completely unobtrusive.
The level of customer service at this Residence Inn should be the industry standard, it is exceptional!

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Perfect for our family reunion of 26 people, including babies. The first level dining room is the ideal meeting place for take out pizzas or just family board game get togethers. Seating arrangements are a variety of booths, soft bleachers to individual padded chairs.

Breakfast is unbelievable. Everything you could think of, they have, healthy choices too. Hot buffet, cold fresh fruit. They even walked around and gave the kids stickers and activity sheets.

There is plenty of places to plug in your laptop, a full bar with swivel stools to work or eat on, along with lots of plugs for your cell phones.

The staff is so friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to help us whether it be an emergency (one of the little ones fell and ended up with stitches on his head), or finding a small screwdriver to open a toy battery. Nothing was too small for them to handle with a smile.

TIP: Parking is cheaper and free after hours in the streets, especially behind the building. Or you can park at the hotel for a daily hefty price.

BONUS: Free shuttle within a mile (to old town), easy walk to Starbucks and Whole Foods.

WHY NOT 5 stars? They do not have any rooms with two beds, only single beds with pull out sofas. Also, the indoor pool is yucky.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed 8 nights Staff great we had a young guest stay with us for two nights and they were so welcoming. Location great able to walk to Old Town and Whole Foods as well as Metro . Will stay there again

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am a Marriott Gold member and I have stayed at many Marriotts including this one. At my most recent stay I noticed some sort of irritation on my skin, I simply thought this was due to an allergic reaction, bed bugs did not even cross my mind. When I got home the irritations had gotten much worse and I decided to go to a Doctor. The doctor confirmed that they were bed bug bites and there wasn't much they could do about it. I spent the next two weeks being miserable due to this, not to mention the embarassment as they were all over my arms, hands, and including a few on the side of my face. I am certain that this occured at this Marriott, but of course when I complained I got a similar response to that of another poster that they had a third party research this and nothing could be found. I also had a marriott claims person simply send me an email telling me to call her, which I did and left her a message but she did not return my phone call. I did a google search and found other reports of bed bugs at this hotel including one as recent as a few months ago. To say the least I am not satisfied with their response. I can understand why a hotel would deny any existence of bed bugs as it would be a PR nightmare but I am 100% certain it occured at this hotel despite the managers denial.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for your post. As I mentioned previously, we take all issues very seriously, particularly those that involve the health and safety of our guests. As a result of your comments, we contracted an outside company to thoroughly inspect your suite as well as those in close proximity. According to our vendor, there was no trace of any pests in your suite or the immediate area. Additionally, we would be happy to provide this report to you if that would be helpful.

We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we would definitely work to solve the problem quickly if one could be found. I also welcome a chance to speak with you about the experience. If you'd like, please call me directly at (703) 310-3040.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We spent a long weekend in the Washington, DC area with family and stayed at this Residence Inn. The facility is very nice, coffee in lobby all the time along with newspapers. Front desk staff on all shifts were great, friendly and helpful. Free dinner on Thursday was an unexpected, breakfast each day was amazing. Free shuttle to Metro or Old Town was above and beyond. Rooms were comfortable, a service problem was resolved very quickly. The swimming pool was small, but nice and the life guard was exceptional. All in all a great stay, would go back anytime we are in the area. Lastly, my 6 year old daughter received a free Teddy Bear from the front desk staff, that made her day.