“Perfect for family reunions or large groups without extra cost” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
florida
“Perfect for family reunions or large groups without extra cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Perfect for our family reunion of 26 people, including babies. The first level dining room is the ideal meeting place for take out pizzas or just family board game get togethers. Seating arrangements are a variety of booths, soft bleachers to individual padded chairs.

Breakfast is unbelievable. Everything you could think of, they have, healthy choices too. Hot buffet, cold fresh fruit. They even walked around and gave the kids stickers and activity sheets.

There is plenty of places to plug in your laptop, a full bar with swivel stools to work or eat on, along with lots of plugs for your cell phones.

The staff is so friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to help us whether it be an emergency (one of the little ones fell and ended up with stitches on his head), or finding a small screwdriver to open a toy battery. Nothing was too small for them to handle with a smile.

TIP: Parking is cheaper and free after hours in the streets, especially behind the building. Or you can park at the hotel for a daily hefty price.

BONUS: Free shuttle within a mile (to old town), easy walk to Starbucks and Whole Foods.

WHY NOT 5 stars? They do not have any rooms with two beds, only single beds with pull out sofas. Also, the indoor pool is yucky.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed 8 nights Staff great we had a young guest stay with us for two nights and they were so welcoming. Location great able to walk to Old Town and Whole Foods as well as Metro . Will stay there again

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I am a Marriott Gold member and I have stayed at many Marriotts including this one. At my most recent stay I noticed some sort of irritation on my skin, I simply thought this was due to an allergic reaction, bed bugs did not even cross my mind. When I got home the irritations had gotten much worse and I decided to go to a Doctor. The doctor confirmed that they were bed bug bites and there wasn't much they could do about it. I spent the next two weeks being miserable due to this, not to mention the embarassment as they were all over my arms, hands, and including a few on the side of my face. I am certain that this occured at this Marriott, but of course when I complained I got a similar response to that of another poster that they had a third party research this and nothing could be found. I also had a marriott claims person simply send me an email telling me to call her, which I did and left her a message but she did not return my phone call. I did a google search and found other reports of bed bugs at this hotel including one as recent as a few months ago. To say the least I am not satisfied with their response. I can understand why a hotel would deny any existence of bed bugs as it would be a PR nightmare but I am 100% certain it occured at this hotel despite the managers denial.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for your post. As I mentioned previously, we take all issues very seriously, particularly those that involve the health and safety of our guests. As a result of your comments, we contracted an outside company to thoroughly inspect your suite as well as those in close proximity. According to our vendor, there was no trace of any pests in your suite or the immediate area. Additionally, we would be happy to provide this report to you if that would be helpful.

We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we would definitely work to solve the problem quickly if one could be found. I also welcome a chance to speak with you about the experience. If you'd like, please call me directly at (703) 310-3040.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We spent a long weekend in the Washington, DC area with family and stayed at this Residence Inn. The facility is very nice, coffee in lobby all the time along with newspapers. Front desk staff on all shifts were great, friendly and helpful. Free dinner on Thursday was an unexpected, breakfast each day was amazing. Free shuttle to Metro or Old Town was above and beyond. Rooms were comfortable, a service problem was resolved very quickly. The swimming pool was small, but nice and the life guard was exceptional. All in all a great stay, would go back anytime we are in the area. Lastly, my 6 year old daughter received a free Teddy Bear from the front desk staff, that made her day.

Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have many good things to say about this place but at the top of the list is the service. While waiting for our airport shuttle in the morning I had set my new sweater down and accidentally left it there in the lobby. I called the hotel an hour or so later when we were at the airport, thinking I left it in the room and was told it had been found in the lobby. She immediately offered to mail it to me and sure enough it arrived in less than a week. Even beside this, the service and friendliness of the staff was exceptional. They never acted put out or too busy if we had questions. The shuttle service too and from downtown or to the metro was great and very convenient. The room was clean and spacious; the view was lovely. The bathroom was clean which is very nigh on my priority list. The only negative was perhaps the bed itself; it was a little too firm for my comfort. I did, however, pull out the sofa bed and slept on that instead as it was actually more comfortable; oddly enough. Also it was very quiet up there on the 8th floor. The breakfast selection was very good; but I was surprised that the hot food was cold, even though we arrived during the first hour. Despite that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Let's put it this way. I spend 200+ days a year in hotels. There is NONE on this planet that will offer you better service than this hotel. This is a big city hotel that makes you feel like you are right at home. From the General Manager Mike Wilson helping us with our bags to the front desk staff giving stuffed animals to our kids, it could not have been a better stay.

Thank you to the entire staff for taking such great care of us!
Cameron

Dracut, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I would highly recomend this hotel. The staff is wonderful and the breakfast great. A little distance from DC sites but worth it. Free shuttle will take you to Metro and pick you up. Better than the 4 and half star we stayed at in Baltimore.