“5 star customer service and great FREE food and drinks :)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #15 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Aiea, Hawaii
“5 star customer service and great FREE food and drinks :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Came here for a business trip and was very satisfied with the room. Huge, open space and loved the full size fridge and sofas. I had trouble with my TV on 2 occasions where it wouldn't turn on with the remote, but the front desk credited my Marriott account with points for the hassle. The maintenance men came up to fix my TV quickly also. Their breakfast was great, scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, yogurt, granola...so much more than your continental breakfast. What I was most impressed with is that they have free dinner every night also. I wish I had went every night I stayed but I didn't know how good it would be. The day I went they had ravioli and fresh bread, salad and 2 free drinks (wine or beer) per room. What a bonus! Great customer service at front desk and everyone who worked there was pleasant and nice. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: They make you sign a "noise policy" so don't come here if you plan on throwing a party...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights here. We were here for a Cheer and Dance competition at National Harbor, which took 10-15 minutes to get to by car.
Our room was good size, very clean, with full kitchen and separate sleeping area. Furnishings slightly worn, but this did not deter from anything.
Lobby area with marbled floors leads to breakfast and lounge area with fireplace and TV.
The free breakfast buffet was exceptional with many choices both hot and cold. Choices include eggs,bacon,sausage,home fries,french toast and waffles. Fresh fruit, cereals,bagels,pastries and yogurts. We were not back evenings for Happy Hour meal.
Overall, staff very friendly and accomodating. Metro and train station within walking distance, although hotel shuttle will take you anyplace within a mile.
Covered parking area accessible from hotel's second floor.

Room Tip: Laundry and exercise room on second floor. We were on the fifth, very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Extremely accomodating! Upon arrival, we discovered there was some confusion surrounding our booking dates (our mistake); they not only were cool about it, they gave us one of the best rooms they had for what we had originally selected! Shuttle service was flexible and wonderful (picked us up per our phone call from a restaurant). Breakfast was a great spread, and everyone was so pleasant. Would go there again in a heartbeat, and have already recommended it to others

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lockport, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day business trip to Washington, D.C. Luckily our group decided to save some money and stay outside of the city, and we booked our reservations in this great hotel. The room exceeded my expectations. It had a large refrigerator (not the dorm room size), small stove, sitting area and large bathroom.
The hotel is between 0.2-0.3 miles from the nearest subway/bus/train station. We took the subway into Washington, D.C. and it only was a half hour ride. Train passes are about $10.00 per day. The hotel does charge a daily parking fee, and at the time of my stay, it was $18.00 per day.
The room was spotless and very comfortable. The neighborhood it is in is wonderful. The trees on the streets were lit up at night, and made for a relaxing walk after a stressful, busy day in the Capital. Another bonus is the fact that the hotel is one block away from Whole Foods! The total cost wasn't cheap by any means, but way less expensive than staying in Washington, D.C. I would definitely stay here again when I come back for a family trip!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We usually stay at the Lorian but our two stays at the Marriott over 10 days were much better. First we had a large suite as opposed to one smallish room at the Lorient. Second, the Mariott was much quieter that the Lorian (even with the air con off at the Lorian we found some of the rooms to be too noisy for us). Third, the Marriott was far better value (unless you can get breakfast for a $ at the Lorian it can work out rather expensive). Fourth, everyone at the Marriott was exceptionally helpful.

The Lorian is a good hotel, modern with friendly staff but the Marriott beats it, in our opinion, in every aspect.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

We used points for the stay and it far exceeded our expectations. I'm silver, and even though we used points upon asking at check in they gave us an upgraded two bedroom suite. This was really nice since we had our 2.5 year old with us. Also at check in they gave my son a teddy bear and then at breakfast the next morning they gave him a cute toddler cup and cars, which he loved. They allowed us late checkout as well.

Location was great. Two short blocks to the King street metro (30 minutes to the DC mall area). Also ate dinner on King street.

The room was nice and spacious and everything we needed. Wonderful stay and we will return on our next NOVA or DC trip.

• Stayed February 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I picked the Rsidence because they have great deals on the weekends and I was in Alexandria to be with friends. It is an 8-story building, new, clean, and located right on Duke St which is a major thoroughfare. It is one block from Whole Foods so if you are staying long term, there is shopping in the area. I liked my room just fine. It is exactly like other Residence Inns. I didn't like the $18 a night parking fee. So, it adds up...but it is a good location. Staff was friendly and rooms were absolutely spotless so those helped. It is pretty empty on the weekends, especially in January. I am also a Silver Elite so I got free wifi, I think everyone gets it though which is a huge plus!

Room Tip: Closer to elevator; bit of a labyrinth
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street? Share your experiences!