“No complaints here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caphe Banh Mi

Caphe Banh Mi
407 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA (Old Town)
703-549-0800
Neighborhood: Old Town
Indian Shores, Florida
“No complaints here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Get off King St and head to the street parallel called Cameron St. Caphe Banh mi resides at number 407. We went to lunch there after all the reviews. Banh mi is a small Vietnamese restaurant but delivers with verve. As soon as we walked in the door we were ushered to a small table for two the place was already buzzing with the lunch crowd. I ordered the summer rolls and the garlic beef rice dish with a ginger beer to wash it all down. Hubby ordered the grilled pork banh mi. My rolls were a bit dry but the peanut sauce helped. The garlic beef was delicious. It was very thinly sliced well seasoned meat with the right amount of fat for taste. The rice was sticky and plain a great compliment to the meat. My husband’s sandwich was really good also. The bread was perfect it was lightly toasted and did not overwhelm the meat and delicate vegetable filling. This is somewhere I would like to go again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“Go for the Chicken Pho!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Usually, when I crave Vietnamese food, I go to Pho 75 in Arlington or The Eden Center. I have tried Caphe Bahn Mi several times and it is now my go-to place for chicken pho. Feel a cold coming on? Get the chicken pho. The spring rolls are also divine. It's small, intimate and the service is quick and friendly. The prices are great for a high quality meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Great delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just stumbled on this for lunch today. Pack with people but the service was from. Prices were modest if not inexpensive, food quality was superb. I would go back there any time. I highly recommend it.

I thought the food was very authentic Vietnamese.

Naples, Italy
“Very good spot for pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My friend and I stopped by this place for a late lunch/early supper. It had good reviews and did not disappoint. We started with the summer spring rolls and they were light and delicious. I ordered the lemongrass chicken rice dish which I thought would be like fried rice. It was not, but still very good although I had to add spicy sauce to get the heat I wanted in it. The chicken was sliced atop a bed of white rice and fresh vegetable was on the side. It was very good. My friend had the house pho and it was delicious. I would've preferred the soup. Good but small place place.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent pho and bun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Have been to several vietnamese restaurants over the years, and have found some good Pho here & there, but usially there is little to no atmosphere. This place is charming has great food and prompt service. The menu is even slightly more extensive than a typical vietnamese restaurant. However, it is a small place, so you might have to wait for a table if you hit at a peak time.
Great little discovery. Love it!