“Just like France....!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Melbourne AU
“Just like France....!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went out to Del Ray to celebrate anniversary and decided to have a later wine/cheese romantic "dinner". Ordered the cheese and charcuterie platter with a bottle of red. 4 cheeses and 3 meats were fantastic. Bread good, crackers really not a solid addition - stick to the bread. Ask for butter - it's the real deal from France - Echire brand is fanatastic. Great waiter - patient and attentive. Loved it.

Visited July 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
What a compliment! Thank you so much for your kind words. And I'm honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. Please come back to see us soon - the butter will be waiting!

88% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place for a double date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently visited Cheesetique on a Friday night as a double date to celebrate a birthday. I had been to Cheestique once before, and I was very happy to come back. We didn't have reservations and were very surprised to be seated right away. The hostess was very nice and didn't even blink when we said we didn't have reservations. Unlike the first time I dined here, we were seated in the back room, which had great ambiance but was VERY warm. Lucky, the white wine helped the heat. The entire wine list is very extensive and features my favorite white wine - Gruener Veltliner. The prices range from reasonable to high end. Between the four of us, we shared two bottles of wine and a cheese and characuterie plate. The cheeses and characuterie plate was great and perfect to share. The waiter was kind enough to bring us more bread when we requested it. We each got a different entree - billy goat mac and cheese, cauliflower panchetta mac and cheese, double hot dogs, and the grilled cheese with banana bread. Everything was a hit, but the hot dogs were just okay. It was just too heavy. The server was kind enough to bring out a chocolate dessert with a candle for our friend's birthday. I had to grab a small piece of ashed goat cheese from the counter on the way out :) I also checked out the wine in the small storefront. It was reasonably priced for the offerings - try the Naia Verdejo! Overall, the service was great, food was amazing, and I look forward to coming back.

Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Wow - thank you for this most excellent review! I'm so glad that the birthday celebration was a hit. Definitely check us out again soon.

New York City, New York
“Ambiance, Delicious Food and Stellar Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was celebrating a personal victory and decided to try Cheesetique. Now mind you, I have lived in France, Switzerland and Holland and am an cheese fanatic. The waiter a young African American man, gave me a fantastic recommendation on a glass of wine. I dont drink at all but the victory made me raise a glass and the German wine he recommended was sweet, flowery and a complete winner. The cheese platter had the finest cheeses on the exact right tempature; which is most important to taste the full body of a cheese. The bread and crackers and accompnied sides such as almonds, olives were perfect for the cheese recommended. Et al, one of the best dinners I had. Also, it is a great place for a nice date. Now I need to find one :-)

Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Good afternoon-

I can't thank you enough for the glowing review! We are honored that you chose Cheesetique to celebrate your personal victory. The fact that it ended up being such a positive experience makes my day! We hope to see you again very soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Cheese heaven, for cheese lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a whole restaurant devoted to cheese, what's not to like? Grown-up grilled cheese sandwiches and lobster mac & cheese, cheeselicious!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I so appreciate your "cheeselicious" review of Cheesetique! We hope to see you soon for more Lobster Mac!

Jill Erber (owner, Cheesetique)
“Amazing restaurant and shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I WISH this place was in NJ...visited here when I was in Alexandria/DC and it was SO good. Had the pear and cheese flatbread and 5 cheese board plate. All were great, especially the pepper cheese. Glazed figs on the side are yummy too. I also bought a few things from the shop which are great gourmet items...you even get 10% off your shop order if you dine in the restaurant. Yum...I wish I could go right now...

Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments! So glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurant and shop when you visited. Please come back soon when you're back in town!