“It would have been nice....if we could have gone” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Medieval Madness

Medieval Madness
710 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
+1 703-329-3075
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Medieval Madness Feast is located inside John Strongbow's Tavern. It features medieval entertainment that incorporates the arts and history to join people and communities in fun and good fellowship. Reservations include a four-course feast with dishes like Gallentyn Pye, Chicken Skewers Roasted in Plum Sauce, Three-berry tart and more. Food and seating are arranged family style. Reservations required.
“It would have been nice....if we could have gone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Reserved on groupon for my vacation with my 15 year old who loves this stuff. When I called to reserve I got an answering machine saying they'd call right back. They called 2 days later. I called back the same day and was asked why I hadn't booked earlier that they were normally booked 7 days out and she couldn't help me. Would have been nice to say that in the groupon. Both people I spoke with were rude and un interisted. What a waste of my money and time. They got paid for me not being able to attend because they were not clear in the groupon ad. Horrible

Visited July 2013

Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Magnificent Medieval Madness!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I just attended the show and dinner with my 9 year old son. We both loved it. We went to the Friday 5:00 show so it may have been a bit more tame than the later shows. There was nothing in the show that was too inappropriate for a 9 year old. If you do bring an young one, I would suggest getting there as close to start time as possible and not much earlier. They start seating at 4:30 for a 5:00 show, but nothing really started until 5:15. Kids get a bit restless sitting for 45 minutes.

The food was great, and plenty of it: bread/butter, meat pie, sausage, chicken, peas, cinnamon carrots, blueberry rice, pear sauce, and crumb cake.

The show was great with some colorful characters. Although my son didn't get all of the jokes, he was still very entertained, and it kept his attention.

We will definitely go again when the story changes. Hopefully the food stays the same.

Visited July 2013
Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“An Amazingly Wonderful & Fun Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have now been many times- (the story changes about every 4 months) i have had such fun in bringing different friends- dressing up- awesome food- and great entertainment. The duke and dutchess (as well as the rest of the cast, to includ phone staffers) never break character- absolutly delightful. I love the education provied of the swords-man-ship history and many other historical facts. I believe eveyone should expeience the fun-----dress up- allow yourself to be prince or princess for a night

Visited June 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Best Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was able to get discounted coupons through Groupon and we went as part of my birthday celebration! Didn't know what to expect, but had read some of the reviews (good and bad), so decided to not have any preconceived ideas. We had a really great time! I would return and pay full price. Someone complained that there were no utensils (that person needs to understand history, as FORKS were not developed until after medieval times) and the food was bland (they explain that salt was used as a preserver and not as seasoning; guess the person complaining was not paying attention to the wench when she explained this). They recently changed the menu and the script and both were wonderful. The food was very tasty and well planned. I particularly enjoyed the "meat pie"; it was wonderful! The script change (though I do not know what is was in the past) was very funny and related to things that are happening in our country today (furloughs, sequestrian, etc). It was nice to be able to laugh at things that are current and typically cause us to be depressed! My thank you to the Lords and Ladies of Medievel Madness for a well done and most enjoyable evening!

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
36 attraction reviews
“Just as Fun the 2nd Time Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We enjoyed our first experience the first time and came back again (in March) to find the experience was just as enjoyable as the first. The only thing that changed from my first review in 9-28-12 was the script, which they change every 6 months, and that you don't need to remember to bring salt as that expensive item in medieval times is now provided. Everything else was just as enjoyable and while the food is not gourmet, it remains authentic to the period. Get in the fun and participate!

I recommended the experience the first time and can recommend it again for a fun period experience.

Visited March 2013