“A must stop for summer ice cream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pops Old Fashioned Ice Cream

Pops Old Fashioned Ice Cream
109 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
(703) 518-5374
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Ice Cream in Alexandria
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Old Town
Woodbridge, Virginia
“A must stop for summer ice cream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pop's is your typical small-town ice cream parlor in an old town location. Flavors abound and service is quick. I've never been disappointed at Pop's!

Visited June 2012

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Better Off Going to CVS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love supporting local businesses and have tried almost everything within a 5 block radius of my house in Old Town. That being said, after having the worst ice-cream sundae of my life, I decided that I was better off going to CVS for a pint of whatever is on special, than wasting another penny at Pop's. Tourists, I know you think it is cute, but do not waste your money, and go to the Ben & Jerry's, your tastebuds will thank you.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Right in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you are from New England, and you like Black Rasberry they have it here. It's almost as good. Take it out and walk down to the river to get a good view of the river.

Visited August 2012
Martinez, California
“Best Ice Cream I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I thought I had found the best ice cream in the world in Maui. I was wrong. This is the best Ice Cream in the world. The best homemade Ice Cream I've ever had. The serve is a 2 star, nice people, but they don't really care. The Ice Cream though is a 8 star, so I gave it 5 star. The best in my estimation is the cookie dough ice cream. LARGE chunks of cookie dough surrounded by smooth, creamy vanilla ice cream.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Great stop in Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We always stop into Pop's when spending a day walking through Old Town. The ice cream is wonderful, creamy, and there are always lots of great flavors. It can tend to get crowded when it's a nice day, but they move people through pretty well.

Visited October 2012