“Quality Hilton in Alexandria” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $129!
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quality Hilton in Alexandria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent the night here while having a "stay-over" weekend in Alexandria. The hotel was nice and our room was very large. The location is great for wandering around Alexandria and going shopping or finding a nice restaurant.

A major downside is the price of internet. I find it absurd that a hotel would charge $15 a day. I will never give a hotel that charges for internet 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Frankfort, KY, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The restaurant experience at the hotel was terrible. Very slow service. The restaurant staff asked me to seat myself. It took a very long time for me to be served. Waiter forgot things that I requested. The fitness center was in bad shape. The equipment was not in good shape. All of the treadmills, and they only had three, were in bad shape. The temperature was too hot. They did not have clean towels. Not taken care of. Two things I needed while I was there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very sorry to learn that your stay was not more pleasant. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced in the restaurant and fitness center. I have shared your comments with our leadership team so that improvements can be made.

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Your experience was not a typical one, and we hope to have the chance to better demonstrate the abilities of our staff and facilities.

Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This Hotel is just down the street from Amtrack and from Metro which is just across the Street my room faced the subway and trains and I did not hear them at all at night. The room is large and very clean and the staff is great I well be back there in January 2014 get my room ready,,,,,,

Room Tip: across the street from Metro, 2 metro stops from National Airport, Amtrack is just up the street
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel, and for the Excellent Review!

Thank you for the kind words about our staff; they will be pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location and we got a very good price during Thanksgiving otherwise would have been disappointed. There is nothing extra or special except the location. Very nice lobby but the bar noise and culture spilled into it. $15 a night for wi-fi!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Ramona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and I was not asked if I was or if I was not if I would like to join. Secondly, the hotel does not or did not provide information of a complimentary breakfast. The underground parking was a bit confusing. We ended up in the Wydham Hotel lobby instead of the Hilton.

Alexandria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

For the same price, seek out one of the hotels further down the king street. A suite was facing metro tracks and ended up with a lot of noise and light pollution. Beds are not comfortable and hotel smells like chlorine. Some electric plugs and switches were not functioning.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one - please accept our apologies.

I have shared your comments with our leadership team so that the maintenance issues that you described may be addressed.

The hotel has installed triple pane sound proof windows in all rooms facing the train tracks, as well as black out drapes in all rooms, for which we typically receive very good comments from our guests - I'm sorry that this was not your experience.

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Manchester, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We spent a long weekend in Alexandria/D.C. This hotel was perfectly located. Easy and short walk to the Metro station. Pleasant walk down King Street to a variety of hotels and shops. The room was comfortable, clean, and pleasant, adequately appointed with all the normal features one would expect. Having to pay for wireless internet was annoying -- the only negative in an otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!