“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Redmond, United States
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Got in very early room was available. Staff as always eager to please I enjoy folks knowing my name when I check in and being eager to make the stay the best it can be. Best hotel in Old Town. Definitely my preferred address while visiting DC easy access to metro.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel, and for the Excellent Review!

Thank you for the kind words about our staff; they will be pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Awesome stay! Very nice location next to the Metro station and across the street from joe theismann's. We had a great dinner there. Room service in the morning was great. A little expensive for breakfast.

Room Tip: Eat at joe theismann's across the street!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

We were pleased to learn that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

Fredericksburg, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent hotel, superb service, strategic location convenient to Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA and US government offices and military installations. Location and easy access to multi-media transportation, as well as reasonable prices should make any comptroller happy. Facility should please anyone on business travel, or on holiday. Service provided was top rung.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

As the title says, the only thing to recommend this hotel is it's location in Old Town Alexandria. If you're not familiar with the area, it is a charming section of Alexandria with great unique shopping and some really wonderful restaurants all within walking distance of this hotel. I was booked in because of a meeting being held there. Now the not so good part of the review.

First, don't ever eat at the restaurant in the hotel. Unfortunately, others in for the meeting had already chosen to eat dinner the first night at the hotel so although I had previous experience, i choose networking to fine dining. I ordered a crab cake entree thinking that any restaurant within shouting distance of the Chesapeake Bay would be able to make at least an edible one. Wrong! What came was the consistency of uncooked poultry stuffing with nothing that looked, tasted or even had the mouthfeel of crab in it. It sat in a pool of some spicy sauce and was covered by watercress that had been soaked in a vinaigrette that only added to the unpleasant consistency of the cake. The experience was even further ruined by the smell of rotten fish that wafted from the kitchen as the entrees we ordered were prepared. Luckily no one at our table became ill but the smell was so strong I was ready to return my dinner uneaten.

Second, in order to have WiFi access in the room, i had to pay $25.00 for the two night one day stay. A little pricey had it worked. I got to the room and after many attempts, i had to call ATT for assistance even getting my iPad connected - and I'm not a novice in the internet world. It remained connected long enough for me to check email then it was dropped. After that, I was totally unsuccessful in reconnecting despite the assurances of the ATT rep that it would remain connected even if I turned it off or left the room. The second evening I decided to just go down to the lobby where there was complimentary WiFi and hook up- unsuccessful there also. At least I got the $25 refunded and could use my iPhone with 4G to get connected.

I was exhausted after the meeting and everyone else had left so I decided I'd just sit in the bar and eat "pub grub" for dinner - how bad could it be? After waiting for over 20 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge my existence and asking twice for service, I got an over priced glass of wine and a flatbread pizza that had been taken out of the freezer and run thru something to heat the edges. Really! the cheese was still congealed on the center of the flatbread even though it was vaguely warm.

Reception on the TV was spotty and the room was showing its age. All in all one of the worst two day experiences I've had in all my travels in the last 10 years. If you want stay in Old Town and can't find anywhere else in your price range ($240 senior rate) then stay here but just for the location.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear that there were several areas in which we failed to meet your expectations; please accept our sincere apologies. I have shared your comments with our leadership team so that improvements may be made.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Your experience was not a typical one, and we hope to have the opportunity to better demonstrate the abilities of our staff and facility.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent location directly across the street from the Metro and Amtrak stations. Attended a leadership conference this past weekend. The conference rooms were nic, but too cold. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The food we received for lunch was plentiful and tasty.
Overall, a very nice place to stay. Even this Starbucks in lobby is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a metro view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us - Thank you for the Excellent rating!

Cambria, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Close to downtown Old Town Alexandria. Close to Metro. Nice bar and quiet restaurant. Great rooms for an organizational luncheon. Food was outstanding. Rooms are very comfortable. Bed was very comfortable.

Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

As previously indicated, I was extremely pleased with the exceptional courtesy shown by every hotel person with whom I came into contact during my stay. My wife shares the same opinion. Our visit was for both business and pleasure though your questionnaire only allows one purpose.

Charlie Banta

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!