“Very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $129!
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Pittsburgh
“Very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel and each time it gets better. The service was wonderful and friendly. The hotel room was clean and the bed comfortable. Nice place to stay and visit the area with lots of shopping and dining close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Yes, we stayed three nights at Hilton Alexandria Old Town and were excited to stay in a great location. BUT, it all changed from there...first we called for extra blankets and did not receive them, we called again and did not receive them, so we called a THIRD time and finally got our blankets for us but only came with one when we asked for a sheet and a blanket. Also the man at the front desk when we called for the blankets never said sorry once and hardly cared we were upset with not receiving them! Second, our shower head came off and my husband had to go all the way down to the spa to take one shower! And I just didnt even take one! Third, we called the next morning to ask if we could transfer to a new room so we could take a shower and the lady at the front desk again gave us poor service and said we could not be moved saying they were all booked. It was hard to believe that every room was full so I asked if we atleast could be upgraded to a different room so we could take a shower, and finally she was going to switch our room....but was going I charge us for the upgrade!!!seriously! This awful customer service and unlucky events should not happen, I understand if bad circumstances happen during the stay once in a while but constantly one after another and to top it with HORRIBLE service, that's wrong! I recommend you travelers stay away and book at a kimpton hotel because our experience there was awesome! Hilton hotel...stay away if you want to be served and treated well.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I was very sorry to hear that your visit was not a more pleasant one. Please accept our sincere apologies for the plumbing issues that you experienced, and for the manner in which your requests were handled. I have shared your comments with our leadership team, so that these deficiencies may be addressed.

Your experience with us was not a typical one, and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again, to better demonstrate the abilities of our staff and facility.

Most Hospitably Yours,

Charlie Banta
Somewhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel located right next to the King St. metro stop and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. Weekend AAA rate was very reasonable. Room was spacious with comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet at restaurant was very nice and staff friendly and accomodating. Front desk kindly lent us an umbrella for the day when rain surprised us one morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Perfect place to stay for a family vacation. close to the subway station and dozens of restaurants on King Street to choose from. Free Trolley on king St for transportation from hotel to water front and all the restaurants. comfy rooms, friendly staff, excellent service. Having a Starbucks in the lobby was a plus for us. They even loaned us umbrellas on one of our days there to use while we went to Mount Vernon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a great Hotel very close to subway and place to eat, catch the bus or taxi,,,,this is my second stay there and I loved it. So if you visit Old Town Alexandria this is the place to stay,,,,you don't need much to get around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

dallas, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here several nights for a business meeting and then for a "weekend vacation" with my husband after that. Arriving in Washington Reagan Airport, I took the Metro and in 2 short stops, there I was. The room was comfortable, clean, and very quiet (My room was away from the Metro station). Hotel employees were helpful. My only complaint is that I could not get a good internet connection in my room (and you do have to pay for internet in guest rooms). I loved walking down King St (or taking the free trolley) and found some great places to eat and people watch. I took the Metro to see a few of the museums in DC - very convenient (but not everything is close to a Metro stop, so it's best to do some planning in advance so you won't be wandering around aimlessly). When my fun weekend was over, I hopped on the Metro back to the airport - wonderfully convenient. I will return when I get the chance1

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I can only give this hotel three stars because of our placement of rooms. We are a family of 5 and take many road trips. We stay at many different hotel chains. Hilton is usually very consistent. We arrived at the hotel around 6:30 and our kids were tired and starving. We placed our bags in the room and quickly left for dinner. When we returned two of the three children fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. Unfortunately my husband, older son and me had a surprise in store for us. The trains were passing by every 10 minutes or so. The biggest shocker was the loud cargo and Amtrak trains which blew their whistles very loud when passing by. Notable hours include 10pm, 2:30 am and 3:10 am. From about 1 a.m. until around 4:40 a.m., I heard the trains coming every 10 or so minutes.. sometimes sooner, sometimes more time in between. Our rooms were directly across from the station.

I really feel the staff should have warned us about the noise. We could have switched to another room or another hotel if we had knowledge sooner. It was too late to move rooms as the two younger children fell asleep. I didn't know if I should cry or laugh!

The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and breakfast good.
Yours Truly,
One exhausted Traveling Mom

Room Tip: If you are a normal to light sleeper, make sure you ask for a room on the other side of the building...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the areas in which we fell short of your expectations.

I am pleased to report that as of mid August 2013 all rooms that face the Metro Station have had sound proof windows installed! Now all the convenience of being 37 steps from the Metro - without any of the noise!

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Charlie Banta

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!