“Great easy Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great easy Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights for Business. Location is great. Next to metro, and easy access to the highways. (Working at Andrews AFB was less than 15 minutes during peak times) Rooms were on par with other upscale Hiltons. Nothing amazing, but nothing to complain about either. I had an inside courtyard view on the top (6th) floor. I would ask for an outside or street view next time. I could walk to 100 restaurants in less than 10 minutes. From cheap fastfood, to upscale $100 a meal places, and everything in between. Lots of shopping and unique shops on Kings street as well.Parking was a pain for $32 during the garage remodel. I did not see any other parking garages though. Street parking is free at night until 7 or 8am and free on Sundays. I am planning on coming a work/pleasure trip in the spring and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Joseph M, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I appreciate the comments regarding our Location and glad you enjoyed the Alexandria Old Town area and all that it has to offer. Thanks for your parience with our Hotel Garage whiles we are remodeling to better serve our guest. I certainly hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel and the location is spectacular. Only a 10 minute drive into DC (on a good traffic day which is rare) and right across the street from the Metro station. It is also right in the middle of Old Town Alexandria on King Street.

The staff at the hotel are so very nice and accomodating. When my mom and I were trying to get dinner at 10 at night they said that the kitchen was closing down for dinner but if we wanted them to make something off of the dinner menu they would still do it. They did and it was dee-vine. We had duck quesadillas and lump crab cake with steak fries. Yes a strange combination but we were trying to try different things.

Breakfast is also good. We had a very nice waiter whose name I can't remember :( but he was very nice and accomodating each day we came. Sometimes if you go to hotels and you hand them a voucher for free breakfast they pretend that you aren't there but this was not the case here.

We had a one bedroom suite which worked perfectly for us...I gladly took to the sofa. I didn't use the pull out. My mom had the bed. The room was very spacious with one tv in the living area and one in the bedroom area. The bathroom had marble floors and the toiletries were nice. I can't think of the name of the brand but I know its all high end and they smelled nice.

The only thing that was a pain in the behind was the parking. Whomever manages the parking deck below the hotel was remodeling at the time we stayed there and it was a pain in the behind. A lot of the driveways were one way so they had little traffic lights that you were suppose to obey because only one car could go thru at a time...most people didn't obey that and you ended up with a hot mess because 2 cars couldn't get by at a time.

Also the wifi is expensive as all get out. If you have ATT or UVERSE service at home you can sign into your account thru the hotel and that gives you free wifi there. Otherwise you have to go into the lobby or pay the inflated cost.

I will come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fantastic Review! Thanks so much for the detailed review on our location, staff and amenities our Hotel has to offer. I do apologize the issues you encountered with our parking Garage. We are currenlty remodeling to better serve our guest. Thanks again for the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Southern Shores, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was a great hotel to attend the inauguration. It was right next to the King Street and made it very convenient and easy to get into DC. The room, bar, restaurant, lobby, and Starbucks were great. The parking garage was being renovated and was a little difficult to navigate. The only downside was that you had to pay for internet in your room and when you did, the service was not very good. Internet should be free at Hiltons! Other than that, I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to spend Inauguration weekend with us. I am glad you made good use of the Metro to head up to DC for all the events, and that you enjoyed all Alexandria has to offer as well. I appreciate your comments about Lobby and starbucks. We hope to see you again very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel is very clean and the rooms nicely furnished. I was in town for the Inauguration and I couldn't have picked a better location (well, I could've right in DC, but I would've paid triple! ). This hotel is RIGHT across the street from the King St station on the Metro. Can you say convenient?? We rode into to DC everyday. The front desk staff at this hotel was the best I've ever experienced. Usually the front desk is rushed or really not paying much attention to customers. This staff was awesome. They greeted you with a warm, sincere smile. They gave us suggestions on restaurants, riding the Metro, and other things to do. They really went above and beyond. Another plus is that Starbucks is in the lobby. I went everyday. LOL. It's winter time so we didn't use any of the amenities. But I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces King St. I had an inner most room and my view was the lower roof. But then...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay during the inauguration weekend. Our location is unmarched in the Old Town area given the proximity to the Metro station. Excellent comments on our Hotel staff. I will certainly pass on the comments to the staff. Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to your return.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I travel to Washington DC quite a bit and recently found this place. It is one block from a train station and about a 20 minute $5 ride.

The food in the hotel is average, however their breakfast buffet for make an awesome omelet! It was Tweet worthy when I stayed there. The rooms were nice, however since you are a block from the train station you are subjected to a loud train depending on your room location.

This hotel is at the end of a beautiful street in Alexandria, and has a lot of shopping and eating selections to boot! No shortage of food units in this location.

The bar downstairs has fair prices on their drinks and there is a Starbucks in the lobby!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback. The Metro station across the street from the Hotel is very convienient for our guest but at the same time we do recognize it can get noisy and for that I do apologize. Thanks for the comments on our Restaurant and we look forward to your return
Lees Summit, Mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This place is located right next to the kings street metro so very convenient; however, when we stayed there they forgot to tell us the pool was not available. When we asked they were not helpful at All. We found out the pool had no heat and had been that way for over a week.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing service experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for and valued and we regret this was not your impression. Your feedback will help us to better deliver our brand promise moving forward. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and having shared your comments with our team, we will try harder to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We apologize again for any inconvenience experienced with our pool and we are currently working on a solution to better serve our guest. I will reach out to you offline to further address your concerns.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Postives:
Starbucks in lobby
Extremely close to the metro
Friendly staff

Negatives:
Suites need to be upgraded…musty, low ceilings, plastic laminate counters
Pool is not heated
Cleanliness needs improvement. (linens were stained…we requested new ones. Housekeeping didn't come on second day)
Zip Check Out button on phone dials directly to 911 (and management is aware of this)
Parking Garage…dirty, dusty maze

We left with the opinion that this hotel is poorly run. The biggest inconvience to me was not being able to use the pool with my two boys. We were told we could use the pool ‘next door’ a neighboring hotel. Although nearby, the hotel we had to walk to was certainly not next door. Not a great experience with young children and wet heads in the freezing cold. Robert at the front desk gave us complimentary breakfast vouchers for our trouble. I would have preferred to see them post something on the website regarding the pool as I suggested. Also, I was assured that the general manager would give me a call. Still waiting.

Room Tip: The rooms further from the metro appeared to be recently updated.
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered relating to the pool. We are currently in the process of addressing the problem and in fact we have placed notice on our website to inform our guest. I apologize again for the inconveniences during your stay with us and hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area. I will reach out to you offline to further address your concerns

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!