“Very convenient and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% off your trip
Ranked #17 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
“Very convenient and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

2 Stops from Reagan National on the Metro. Station right across the intersection.

Very convenient to nearby professional associations and other businesses. Plenty of restaurants in short walking distance.

Amazingly, even though the Metro rail was right outside my window across the street, the trains cease at midnight and with bathroom fan in, I slept like a baby (didn't hear trains even before midnight).

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay as well as the convenience of our location to the King street Metro. indeed our location to the King street Metro, just steps away from the Hotel is one of many unique features of our hotel that our guest enjoy. Thank you very much for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Old Town Alexandria soon.

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is in a great location next to King St Metro station but also walking distance to the quaint shops and restaurants of the Old Town. Hotel is comfortable and rooms are modern. Service was friendly enough but nothing special. No bar snacks like chips or nuts with drinks and wi-fi not free in rooms.

Room Tip: One side of hotel is vey close to Metro track so try for room at front of hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. Iam glad you enjoyed your stay with us . At the Hilton, we strive to provide the very best service possible and I am thrilled you experience lived up to that standard. Our location in Alexandria Old Town to King street Restaurants and shopping is unmarched. Thanks again for the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stay here more frequently than about anyone I know (more than 30 nights at thsi Hilton this year alone- an Hilton Honors Diamond member). The staff is quite friendly and the hotel rooms are nice and well maintained. The hotel is very convenient to Metro and DC. However, I just had a very unsettling expereience with a satff member there. Just before a recent trip I became pretty ill and had to cancel on my scheduled day of travel. I called the hotel directly and the front desk was very friendly and responsive. The desk clerk even recognized my name and that I was a frequent guest. He said he undesrtood and even said I sounded ill and should go to bed (where I already was). He also said he would cancel ther room and that no room charges would be applied. However, a day or so later I checked my credit card statement and lo and behold I found the hotel had charged me. I called to inquire and was directed to accounting. I had to leave a voicemail but the next day a woman (I will call her Ivy) returned the call. I expected a normal and pleasant business conversation but it was not what happened. She began by asking me who I talked with and what they said and made it sound like no record existed of any cancelation. After giving her my full story on dates of reservation, reason why the cancelation was on the scheduled day of check-in, time of my call to the hotel (around noon or so), what my convesartion was with the desk clerk, etc., she said I guess I believe you. Then she said the computer did show my call and the cancelation and confirmed my memory of what the desk clerk said. But then she said she that I had yet another reservation for the previous day to my cancelation that was not canceled. I knew that wasn't right and told Ivy that. A sI wa sstarting to ask when and get soem details on this "uncanceled reservation" she just said "this time" she would take off the charges but that it would go "in my file" and would be referred to in any of my future stays. I then tried again to inquire as to when this other stay was for and any reservation number but she had already hung-up. She wasn't overtly mean but was very unprofessional in givimg me the third degree and made me feel like a I had lied or was trying to get away with something - certainly I felt less than appreciated. I guess this email is just a warning that if you have a problem here do not deal with anyone but a manager - in the past they have generally been quite friendly and very professional. I see the mangers usually read these reviews and sometimes leave comments. I just they do this time and spend some time discussing customer service with Ivy.

Room Tip: Get a room with an even number for a great view, I highly recommend rooms king bed rooms 344, 444, 5...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area as well as your loyalty. I do apologize for the issues you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our guest receive the highest standards of service. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced and if you would like to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly. We hope you would consider returning to us if you travels continue to bring you back in the Alexandria Old Town area.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a very nice property with great access to the Washington DC Metro with the King Street station directly across the street. The Metro provides easy access to/from Reagan National Airport and all of the tourist attractions in Washington DC. The hotel is a typical Hilton with nice amenities and full service restaurant and bar as well as a Starbucks inside the property. Check-in was prompt and smooth, and the room was nice and quiet. I stayed for two nights on a weekend while visiting Alexandria for business, and the property seemed quiet. The location is a bit removed from Old Town Alexandria, which is approximately a mile away. I was very pleased with the property until I checked out and asked for a taxi. The person at the front desk directed me to a driver waiting in the lobby who took me to an unmetered Lincoln Continental for a 1.5 mile ride into Alexandria to a location near the Potomoc. The fare was $20, which is a complete rip off. The hotel offers free wi-fi in the lobby but not in the rooms, which is another rip off. Based on location I would stay here again but would look at other hotels in the area as well to get the best deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty. We are always trying to improve upon guest service and make things more consistent for our guests. Your feedback is how we monitor things and analyze ways to improve. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to improving our services so they are more consistent for our guests. Thanks for the feedback and have a great holiday season!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good points:
- good location within DC and also within Alexandria
- generally good service with attentive staff
- free wifi in lobby
- great breakfast selection

Bad points:
- room and bathroom decor/furnishings are a little dated
- a little pricey (paid $190 for a twin room)

Gets a 3.5 with a potential for 4.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I was pleased to read you enjoyed you stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write some feedback and we look forward to your return if coming back into the Alexandria old town area area!
Bryans Road, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

At check-in the staff was very efficient and friendly. There is a parking fee, so be prepared. Upon arrival to the second floor room, I found it to be very clean. Explored that bar area and the hotel restaurant. All staff members especially the restaurant staff was very friendly. I had the opportunity to enjoy a very well prepared steak. Very restful room with a comfortable bed. Recommend the fitness center, nothing fancy, but the pool did look inviting, and I ended my workout with a visit to the sauna. Overall, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for the great feedback. I was excited to read your comments on our hotel's staff. For the comments on parking, our rates are competitive to rates in the area and we also have value packages with parking inclusive something to consider in the future. Thanks again for staying with us as we realize you do have lots of choices in hotels in the old town area. Thanks again
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town and was pleased overall with the property. It was extremely close to the Metro stop and within walking distance of my meeting on King Street. The King Street Trolley was an added bonus and a great way to tour Old Town. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet provided a variety of foods (hot and cold) and could accommodate nearly anyone's dietary requirements.
My only Issue was the slight incline on the hardwood floor connecting the dining room to the bar and lobby area which caused me to slip and nearly fall. The same thing happened the night before and another guest brought it to the bartender's attention. He was quite rude about it.
This is a dangerous situation and should be corrected immediately before someone does fall.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are usually a good bet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and was impressed with the overall hotel services and amenities. The King street trolley is an added amenity in Alexandria Old Town area. Our Hotel's proximity to the Metro station which is a quick ride into Washington DC is unmatched by any other Hotel in the vicinity. Thanks for the feedback on the wooden floor and we are in the process of fixing the issue. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!