“Very Relaxing, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $129!
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Bryans Road, Maryland
“Very Relaxing, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

At check-in the staff was very efficient and friendly. There is a parking fee, so be prepared. Upon arrival to the second floor room, I found it to be very clean. Explored that bar area and the hotel restaurant. All staff members especially the restaurant staff was very friendly. I had the opportunity to enjoy a very well prepared steak. Very restful room with a comfortable bed. Recommend the fitness center, nothing fancy, but the pool did look inviting, and I ended my workout with a visit to the sauna. Overall, it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for the great feedback. I was excited to read your comments on our hotel's staff. For the comments on parking, our rates are competitive to rates in the area and we also have value packages with parking inclusive something to consider in the future. Thanks again for staying with us as we realize you do have lots of choices in hotels in the old town area. Thanks again

552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Albany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town and was pleased overall with the property. It was extremely close to the Metro stop and within walking distance of my meeting on King Street. The King Street Trolley was an added bonus and a great way to tour Old Town. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet provided a variety of foods (hot and cold) and could accommodate nearly anyone's dietary requirements.
My only Issue was the slight incline on the hardwood floor connecting the dining room to the bar and lobby area which caused me to slip and nearly fall. The same thing happened the night before and another guest brought it to the bartender's attention. He was quite rude about it.
This is a dangerous situation and should be corrected immediately before someone does fall.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are usually a good bet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and was impressed with the overall hotel services and amenities. The King street trolley is an added amenity in Alexandria Old Town area. Our Hotel's proximity to the Metro station which is a quick ride into Washington DC is unmatched by any other Hotel in the vicinity. Thanks for the feedback on the wooden floor and we are in the process of fixing the issue. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton on King St. In Old Town Alexandria VA is typical of the chain with an above-average restaurant, a Starbucks, work-out facility, and laundry. It distinguishes itself in its staff, which is very helpful, and its location, across from the King St. Metro stop and the trolley stop. It's amidst many shops and great restaurants (Brabo's is practically across the street and Vermilion is a short, very pleasant walk down King St.). You can take a long, pleasant walk (or ride the free trolley) down to the attractions along the Wharf, including the Torpedo Factory art mall. If you want to head into DC, it's a Metro ride away. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thanks for the great review! Indeed the Hilton Old Town Alexandria is one of the premier hotels in the Old Town area. I was also thrilled to read your feedback on our staff. Our Hotels proximity to king Street Restaurants and shops as well as to the Metro Station which is a short ride to Washington DC is one of the conveniences our guest enjoy. Thanks so much for your comments and hope you return soon.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. It was my first trip to DC and the front desk was very helpful throughout the stay.

My only critism would be paying for Internet in the room. This is standard elsewhere and while it is free in the lobby I would have expected it to be part of the nightly rate.

• Stayed October 2012
I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay as well as we exceeded your expectation. At the Hilton Old Town, we strive to provide the best service to all our guest and your comments validates our efforts. Our Hotels's proximity to Restaurants on king street as well as to the Metro Station is unmarched by any of the hotels in the vicinity. Thanks so much for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back .
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a fairly standard Hilton with typical rooms and other amenities. Everything is in good repair and very clean. The up side is that the hotel is very close to the King Street metro station but that is also a downside in that room at the back get the sound of trains day and night. The wifi is fairly costly as in the buffet breakfast but no different to other Hiltons. The best thing is the location which allows walking to the shops and other businesses in the Old Town area. I was there for business but it would also be a good place for a day or two of vacation. I will probably be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thanks so much for the review. I argee with you, our hotel's location on King street is a short walk to King street restaurants and shops. I was also glad to read you had a great stay and you will consider coming back to stay with us on a vacation. Once again thanks so much for the feedback and look foward to welcoming you back.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is my favorite Hilton in the DC area. The proximity to DC, the metro, the airport, and a relatively quiet night sleep are all perfect. I've stayed here at least 5 times in the last year and I always look foward to the warm reception I get from the hotel staff, and the great breakfast at the restaurant...which also has great staff. If you're looking for shopping, coffee shops, lunch or dinner locations, this is but a 5 minute walk from all of that in Old Town. It's a slightly longer walk if you want to get down to the water front. This hotel gives you the comfort and convenience of the DC area with none of the hassle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I was so pleased to learn the Hilton Alexandria Old Town is your Hotel of choice in the Alexandria Old Town area. Your comments on our staff is also evident of our commitment to make sure we provide excellent service to all our guest. You are also correct, our proximity to Alexandria Old Town restaurants on king street as well as the Metro station to Reagan National Airport as well as Washington DC is unmarched by any of the other hotels in the vicinity. Thanks so much for your patronage and look for to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

For convenience and amenities, it's hard to beat this hotel. For about 2/3 the cost of a D.C. hotel, we were able to stay in this lovely property, right on the King St. Metro line. We spent most of our weekend around the National Mall, and had to shuttle back and forth to Alexandria a few times (costing around $4/pp. on average) but it was worth it. I would recommend you buy a Metro pass instead of individual tickets, to save money. We didn't use the pool, fitness area or restaurant so can't comment on those -- but having a Starbuck's in the lobby was a bonus! My parents stayed in a more expensive hotel nearby and our room seemed much nicer, in my estimation (and closer to the Metro). We needed to leave our luggage after check-out due to a late train, and the concierge was more than accommodating. It poured with rain the night we were there, and they happily loaned us two golf umbrellas. The morning we left, we roamed up and down King St. for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (although I was surprised to see that many shops didn't open til 11 a.m. on a Saturday). When I found a Crate and Barrel outlet, I was overcome with joy! I would absolutely stay there again on my next trip to D.C.

Room Tip: As others have said, request a room on the non-train side. The view was of an alley -- but at least...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
What a review! Thanks so much for such positive review of our Hotel. I do argee our Hotel's location to King street Restaurants and shops as well as well the Metro station is unmarched. The starbucks in the lobby is also a bonus amenity for our guest. Thanks again for the great review and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!