“Beautiful hotel, convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
St. John's, Canada
“Beautiful hotel, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. It was my first trip to DC and the front desk was very helpful throughout the stay.

My only critism would be paying for Internet in the room. This is standard elsewhere and while it is free in the lobby I would have expected it to be part of the nightly rate.

• Stayed October 2012
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay as well as we exceeded your expectation. At the Hilton Old Town, we strive to provide the best service to all our guest and your comments validates our efforts. Our Hotels's proximity to Restaurants on king street as well as to the Metro Station is unmarched by any of the hotels in the vicinity. Thanks so much for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a fairly standard Hilton with typical rooms and other amenities. Everything is in good repair and very clean. The up side is that the hotel is very close to the King Street metro station but that is also a downside in that room at the back get the sound of trains day and night. The wifi is fairly costly as in the buffet breakfast but no different to other Hiltons. The best thing is the location which allows walking to the shops and other businesses in the Old Town area. I was there for business but it would also be a good place for a day or two of vacation. I will probably be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thanks so much for the review. I argee with you, our hotel's location on King street is a short walk to King street restaurants and shops. I was also glad to read you had a great stay and you will consider coming back to stay with us on a vacation. Once again thanks so much for the feedback and look foward to welcoming you back.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is my favorite Hilton in the DC area. The proximity to DC, the metro, the airport, and a relatively quiet night sleep are all perfect. I've stayed here at least 5 times in the last year and I always look foward to the warm reception I get from the hotel staff, and the great breakfast at the restaurant...which also has great staff. If you're looking for shopping, coffee shops, lunch or dinner locations, this is but a 5 minute walk from all of that in Old Town. It's a slightly longer walk if you want to get down to the water front. This hotel gives you the comfort and convenience of the DC area with none of the hassle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I was so pleased to learn the Hilton Alexandria Old Town is your Hotel of choice in the Alexandria Old Town area. Your comments on our staff is also evident of our commitment to make sure we provide excellent service to all our guest. You are also correct, our proximity to Alexandria Old Town restaurants on king street as well as the Metro station to Reagan National Airport as well as Washington DC is unmarched by any of the other hotels in the vicinity. Thanks so much for your patronage and look for to welcoming you back soon.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

For convenience and amenities, it's hard to beat this hotel. For about 2/3 the cost of a D.C. hotel, we were able to stay in this lovely property, right on the King St. Metro line. We spent most of our weekend around the National Mall, and had to shuttle back and forth to Alexandria a few times (costing around $4/pp. on average) but it was worth it. I would recommend you buy a Metro pass instead of individual tickets, to save money. We didn't use the pool, fitness area or restaurant so can't comment on those -- but having a Starbuck's in the lobby was a bonus! My parents stayed in a more expensive hotel nearby and our room seemed much nicer, in my estimation (and closer to the Metro). We needed to leave our luggage after check-out due to a late train, and the concierge was more than accommodating. It poured with rain the night we were there, and they happily loaned us two golf umbrellas. The morning we left, we roamed up and down King St. for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (although I was surprised to see that many shops didn't open til 11 a.m. on a Saturday). When I found a Crate and Barrel outlet, I was overcome with joy! I would absolutely stay there again on my next trip to D.C.

Room Tip: As others have said, request a room on the non-train side. The view was of an alley -- but at least...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
What a review! Thanks so much for such positive review of our Hotel. I do argee our Hotel's location to King street Restaurants and shops as well as well the Metro station is unmarched. The starbucks in the lobby is also a bonus amenity for our guest. Thanks again for the great review and look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed at this Hilton a number of times and had a fine experience, particularly when staying in a suite room. I recently booked for a quick night out of town for an anniversary and figured a nice king room would do. Big mistake.

I paid an extra 20-30 dollars for the King "Corner" Room. When I checked in, the front desk even repeated "We have you set up in a wonderful King Corner Room." There is no way our room is on the corner of anything. It is is the center of a row of ordinary rooms on the front side of the hotel. To make matters worse, the room is adjoined to what must be a double room that has several loud guests in it. You can hear their loud conversation and television through the adjoining doors, which are not sound proofed.

My wife is tired and is sleeping through it so I don't have the heart to wake her, but now I'm sitting up at 1 in the morning in a room I did not book typing this stupid review. If this hotel is wiling to dupe Hilton gold member which I am, I suspect they do this to anyone below Diamond. Either save yourself the money and book a normal king, or just upgrade to the suite for fear you get stuck with a loud adjoining room, or book somewhere else entirely.

I should also note the room has a strange musty odor. Definitely the last time I stay here in anything below a suite. And there are plenty of other options in the area that may be cheaper for a nicer room.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Eric L,
I am sorry that your stay was not up to par. This is not typical of what our guest experience when staying at the Hilton and I certainly apologize for the challenges you experienced. The Room that you booked and stayed is indeed our corner room and I aplogize again it did not meet your expectation. Let's talk offline and I will work to address all your issues. Thank you for the feedback, it is important to us as we use it as a tool for improvement. I will contact you offline to discuss.
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers. It is in a very convenient location whether you are visiting Alexandria or going into D.C. It is right across the street from the metro. It is also within easy walking distance of numerous Old Town Alexandria restaurants.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room on a higher floor and/or on a side away from the trains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear OKCRoadWarrior,
Thank you very much for the great feedback.I do agree with you our Hotel is in a great location and close proximity to the Metro Station which allows quick access into Washington DC. Our location also within walking distance to the numerous restaurants and shops on King street in Old Town Alexandria. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.
Rartian, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a nice Hilton located right on King St in Old Town within walking distance to shops and restaurants and across the street from the train station to DC. The lobby is nice and features a Starbucks. I did not patronize the restaurant/bar in the hotel (so many other options in the area) but looked nice. The room was quite spacious with a comfy king size bed and a modern but warm decor. The bathroom was also well appointed and bath robes were provided. The garage was somewhat cramped, but convenient if you arrive by car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nancynj,

Fantastic Review! I am glad our Hotel's location as well as staff, lived up to your expectation. The starbucks in the Hotel's lobby is another great attraction for our guest verses the other hotels in the Old Town Alexandria area. We do appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!