“Nice hotel in a great location.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $109!
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Oklahoma City, OK
“Nice hotel in a great location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travelers. It is in a very convenient location whether you are visiting Alexandria or going into D.C. It is right across the street from the metro. It is also within easy walking distance of numerous Old Town Alexandria restaurants.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room on a higher floor and/or on a side away from the trains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear OKCRoadWarrior,
Thank you very much for the great feedback.I do agree with you our Hotel is in a great location and close proximity to the Metro Station which allows quick access into Washington DC. Our location also within walking distance to the numerous restaurants and shops on King street in Old Town Alexandria. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Rartian, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a nice Hilton located right on King St in Old Town within walking distance to shops and restaurants and across the street from the train station to DC. The lobby is nice and features a Starbucks. I did not patronize the restaurant/bar in the hotel (so many other options in the area) but looked nice. The room was quite spacious with a comfy king size bed and a modern but warm decor. The bathroom was also well appointed and bath robes were provided. The garage was somewhat cramped, but convenient if you arrive by car.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nancynj,

Fantastic Review! I am glad our Hotel's location as well as staff, lived up to your expectation. The starbucks in the Hotel's lobby is another great attraction for our guest verses the other hotels in the Old Town Alexandria area. We do appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.
Kent, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A recent stay at the Hilton made me ponder what makes a business hotel a good value. Routed to this hotel by a combination of factors outside of my control for a business trip, I was impressed by some aspects of this hotel and a little disappointed by others. The pluses are nice rooms that are tastefully decorated and a great location within a 5 minute walk of the King Street Metro station. Another plus was a very accomodating front desk crew that really worked to answer your questions and address your needs. The negatives are noisy rooms that face the Masonic Memorial and train tracks (both freight trains and the Metro), an over-priced breakfast ($17 if not included in your room package) and over-priced in room internet service (it is free in the lobby), and kinda flimsy TP in bathrooms. For the $226 rate charged to my firm, these seem to be un-necessary add on expenses and a room should not have the level of train noise experienced in my room. I checked at the Embassy Suites, which is also close to the King Street Metro (but not contiguous to the tracks), and they offer a better package deal that I would use if traveling on personal business.

Room Tip: Avoid any room that is flanking the railroad tracks!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Asta365,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in Old Town Alexandria and we appreciate the feedback. While the market is what drives the rate, I will agree with you our location is top notch for enjoying and getting around the city as well as quick access to the Washington DC. Thank you also for the kind comments on our staff. We hope you will stay with us again as rates fluctuate throughout the year and we are glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thanks to manager, Shirley, and an efficient front desk staff, my stays at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town are consistently the best. The staff is welcoming, the rooms comfortable and spacious and any request is met with timely service. It is the only place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear lbbeach,
Thank you for your kind comments as well as your consistent patronage.I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and certainly agree with you on Shirley and the front desk staff on their great service and efficiency.The desk staff is top notch and go to great lengths to take care of our guests.Thanks again and look forward to your next visit.
Portland, Oregon, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pros: Great location, nice, spacious room. Nice staff.
Cons: Lousy room location, bad breakfast buffet, pricey wi-fi, indifferent manager, NOISY ROOM

I booked four nice in a King room. At check in, I asked for a quiet room and was assured it was a quiet room. When it was time to sleep (around 10pm) - my wife and I were showered, fed and in bed - we heard what sounded like a night club starting up - the thumping bass, etc. The front desk told me it was a party in the meeting room directly below me with a DJ and the party would be going on, I was told, until midnight. The music was loud enough that I could identify every song on the playlist and it got louder and louder as the night went on. When I complained about getting a room over a party when I'd specifically been told I had a quiet room, they told me that they didn't know there would be a DJ for the party, but they still would let it go on til midnight. The manager told the front desk to tell me I could change rooms, but the music would not be stopped until midnight. We were already unpacked, clothes hung up and folded in drawers - moved in for a four night stay. After a long day of travel and an early start the next morning, we didn't want to get out of bed, get dressed, get packed up again to move to another room because the front desk put us in a room that is DIRECTLY OVER A PARTY. Since it was their mistake and we weren't able to get our much-needed sleep in our hotel room, I asked for the room to be comped for that night, but was instead offered a voucher for breakfast and $20 off the room for the night.

We layed awake naming the songs that were blasting from below us and watched the clock - counting down til we could go to sleep. The music only ended when I called the front desk again at 12:10 and insisted they stop the music.

3 out of 4 mornings there was thumping coming from below us that started around 6:30 am - like chairs being stacked or a vacuum banging on the baseboard. Not sure what it was, but that always woke me up and the noise kept going until I gave up on sleeping and just got up.

The breakfast buffet was pretty bad. Really bad. Powdery, gritty scrambled eggs, undrinkable coffee, greasy flabby bacon. Even for free, I wouldn't eat there again. Stick with the fruit and yogurt. Or better yet, walk a couple of blocks to Whole Foods and eat there.

On the up side - the entire staff (minus the manager) were friendly and helpful and the location can't be beat.

Would I go again? I'm still pretty steamed over the manager's attitude. Not sure that I would. Definitely stay clear of the third floor!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor - specifically #335 - it's directly over a meeting room and there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear WorldlyGrrl,
Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience and I can assure you it is not the normal experience for our hotel. I will look into the issues you raised. We can continue our conversation off line and I will contact you directly via your profile information we have on file to further discuss and address all your concerns.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The location of this property can't be beat. The King Street Metro stop is across the street. Old Town Alexandria is down King Street, with your choice of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Joe Theismann's restaurant is across the street, as is a small farmer's market.
Parking is below the property and is shared with the adjacent Wyndham Vacation property and I gather nearby office parking. There seemed to be more reserved Wyndham parking stalls than Hilton, but it worked out fine. There is a Starbucks and a nice restaurant called Seagar's, where I ate two enjoyable breakfasts. Staff members were courteous and assisted me locate a cell phone store in Old Town. The fitness center is expansive, and has more than enough equipment to maintain your workout. Pool has a lifeguard on duty for part of the day.
The only mystery is the doorway that leads to the Wyndham property inside the fitness center. I'm guessing the Hilton pool and fitness center are shared by the Wyndham, although one gentleman who walked through the door and looked around in the Hilton could not get back into the fitness center door using his Wyndham card. I had to let him in. Seems like a liability to allow patrons and even non-hotel patrons to have uninhibited access to the fitness center and pool. Overall, great stay and I will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Away from the Metro side of the hotel. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk asked if I preferred a r...
Dear 92Benz ,
Thank you so much for your overall positive comments about our hotel and the staff. You are correct, our location is indeed a hidden gem. King Street offers outstanding Restaurants and the Metro rail is steps away from our Hotel's entrance a quick zip into Washington DC. The starbuck in the Lobby is also another great amenity our guest enjoy. Most of all, we do appreciate your patronage and look forward welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

A great place to vacation. We spent 4 great days. Very convenient to Metro for sight seeing.
the breakfast to order was great and beyond expectations. The manager's reception was very nice with good libations upgrades for a minimal price.
The wait staff and bar staff were exceptionally nice. To those reading this, please remember to leave a tip for those hard workers. Especially the ones who clear the table after you have had the breakfast perk.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bob H,
I was so pleased to note you received excellent service from all of the hotel team members that interacted with you. I am also glad you to read your comments on our Restaurant wait staff. At the Hilton, we strive to provide the best possible service and your comments validates our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to the DC area.

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!