“Nice place, great location, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $129!
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
South Jersey
“Nice place, great location, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Check in was simple and very informational. A lot of helpful directions and tips for success for the upcoming stay. We were told we were on the quiet side and, while that didn't turn out to be true - we could see the Metro from our window - sound from the Metro wasn't noticeable. But having the Metro station across the street was very convenient for jaunts into DC and for friends who visited us from Montgomery County. Being at the end of King St., the main street of Old Town Alexandria, was also good. It's only a 15 minute easy walk to the other end and the free trolley was available when we didn't want to walk the street of shops and restaurants.

The parking was convenient in the hotel garage, paying for it, not so much, but we got a discount. And having to pay if you wanted Internet in your room when even fleabags offer it free wasn't nice at all.

Two other incidents that showed good service though: I asked for the location of a post office and while I needed a special service, the offer to mail it for me was nice, even though it's kind of standard of upper end hotels. The other was an evening when their free Internet in the lobby wasn't working. I took it to the registration desk for help and the night guy set me up in seconds.

They weren't nearly sold out in early April, even though they had a conference using the place each day we were there, so you might be able to negotiate down the rate for an imminent stay.

Room Tip: The rooms above the 2nd floor require the room key to work the elevator - a little extra security.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
I am pleased our Front Desk Team had such a positive and memorable impact on your visit. I am glad you also enjoyed the convienience of the Metro System to the DC areas attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Lovely hotel in adorable old town Alexandria. Very comfortable beds and spacious room with plenty of space to work. Attended a business meeting there and the food and service was exceptionally good. Quick metro ride to airport or Amtrak station. Wonderful

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear, NyerUWS,
I am glad you appreciated the accomodations and the level of service you received from our entire staff whiles you were staying on a Business trip with us. Old Town Alexandria is an exceptional place and all the attractions it has to offer. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Boyle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

As a Diamond HHonors member I get to stay in many Hiltons. I would rate this hotel as one of the best. Meredith at check-in was a delight to deal with. She assigned me (as requested) a quiet room on the opposite side of the building from the Metro train traffic.The very pleasant Stephen at concierge helped me with my luggage My room was 551 on the HHonors floor. Upon entering I was amazed by the size and very pleasant layout of the room. The quality of the fixtures and fittings were top notch with a 32" flat screen tv, nice coffee area just inside the door, a more than adequate size bathroom and a huge work desk to use. Internet was very fast. After a good night's sleep I went down to breakfast where I met the most accomodating Danny and Pellegrino. Nothing was a problem including getting some bottled water to go. After a three day stay I felt rested and rejuvinated. Robert at the front desk is a great ambassador for the Hilton brand as well, organising for me a late checkout effortlessly even though the hotel was fully booked. Any negatives, none. Enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel away from the Metro system.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Naillic,
I am pleased to note you found Old Town Alexandria Hilton to be one of the best Hotels within the Hilton brand as a Hilton Daimond member. We have an exceptional staff and we will continue to encourage them to provide the best possible service to all our guest. I am also glad you mentioned the room decor, the layout as well as the amenities we offer. We hope you have the opportunity to return back to our Hotel soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Not the best Hilton we stayed in, but the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.
The room was not "Hilton" clean,but we were there for a stop over and overlooked this until my wife stepped on a M&M.
Another hotel that charges a hefty fee for parking and of course internet connection.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JPL,
I was delighted to note you found our staff to be friendly and helpful as well as our Hotel rooms to be spacious and comfortable. My apologies about the room cleanliness and I can asure you it is not the norm for our Hotel. Lets talk offline to see what I can do for you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

No Concierge Lounge for frequent travelers. Poorly arranged fitness room with two machines that didn't work. Skimpy rough towels special to the fitness room that had to be left there. What's wrong with regular towels? Rooms barely adequate for a regular Hilton. Location is not the only thing a hotel must have to be a good Hilton property. I won't return. There are other options within a block.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Mr Coulter,
Thank you very much for the feedback. At the Hilton, we strive to provide the very best in service and I sorry your experience fell short of that expectation. I can assure you the experience you had is not the norm for our Hotel and I will contact you offline to discuss further. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.
Blacksburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Beautiful, but a very expensive hotel with few perks for the price. Parking was $30/day and you had to pay for Internet access on top of that outrageous fee. The doublebeds are not very comfortable. If you are driving it is hard to see the entrance to the lobby/parkng and it might take you a few tries to find it. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Metro Station but not next to the Old Town restaurants and shops. It is a very long walk to these and it would be fine in warm weather, but on a cold or rainy night or if you have arthritic knees like my wife has you will regret it. There is a shuttle, but the hotel doesn't do much to help its guests use it. Being located next to the Metro Station is a mixed blessing. Any room on the side of the hotel to the rail line is subjected to the relentless noise of the Metro and light rail passing by at all hours. It only quiets down after midnight and starts up very early. I love to listen to a distant train at night, but this isn't distant and the trains whistle as they approach the stop. There are no other perks with your room unless you are lucky enough to get a package deal and you get what you pay for in this case. The few restaurants in the immediate area are not rated well compared to the many down the street in Old Town. So there is food nearby, but very few good choices. On top of all of this the front desk clerk could not find my reservation when I checked in, sending me back to my car for my confirmation. I can excuse that issue, but the overall experience wasn't as good as it should have been. If you are planning an event that depends on the use of audiovisuals for a large crowd, be aware that the large meeting room is long and narrow. Our viewing angle was hampered by this and most people in our meeting complained about this. As a speaker it was a nightmare as you could not speak and see your visuals on the two large angled screens next to you. We are moving our meeting elsewhere next year because of this and other issues.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk people to put you either on a high floor or on the opposite side of the hotel fro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chester65,
Thank you very much for the feedback. At the Hilton, we strive to provide the best possible service and it is only through your feedback that can help us accomplish our goals. My apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I can assure you, your feedback means a lot to us and I will follow up with the appropiate individuals to make sure we do not repeat the issues you underlined. I will email you offline to further discuss your feedback.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

First time in Old towne; It was beautful. Christmas time and what a wonderful Hotle. The rooms were huge. Our son 14, did not want to leave. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Nanadog1020,
I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay with us and all Old Town Alexandria has to offer. I was also thrilled you noted the staff was excellent for your first time visit to Alexandria and our Hotel. Thanks for the stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!