“The only place to stay in DC/Alexandria” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The only place to stay in DC/Alexandria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is my 3rd time here and I am always amazed! The staff at this hotel are always ready to help with a smile. The staff at breakfast are great! If you are an HHonors gold or diamond the buffet breakfast is one of the best in the Hilton chain in my opinion. The rooms are good size and the beds are very comfortable. The free King Street trolley stops right outside and the King Street Metro station is within 1/2 block, you can't go wrong staying here. It is convenient for DC or Virginia travelers. I had a couple of requests ahead of my stay and Kevin, the General Manager, was more than willing to fulfill them.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
ZLCATC - Wow, thanks for the great feedback on the property and the staff. We love to have back ad back again! If there is anything else I can do please don't hesitate to let me know! Have a great week and thanks for your loyalty and for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This hotel was recently renovated and is immaculate. King bed room was roomy, quite comfortable, very clean and tastefully decorated. Very small micro fridge, no microwave. Friendly and helpful staff. Big plus for us is the hotel is across the street from King Street Metro and you can be in downtown DC in 20 minutes or less. We could hear the trains, but they were not loud, and we were not bothered by them. Business center in the lobby area has two fast computers and printers for a charge. They charge for wireless access - boo! The pool is quite small and was far too chlorinated and full of boisterous kids on vacation at every hour during our stay so unfortunately we did not feel comfortable using it. The lobby area is small and quite public. Would have been nice to have a quiet lounge area somewhere off the beaten track. Lots of great small restaurants and take out places within a mile of the hotel. And Starbucks in the lobby. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant Seagars. Nice stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Traveler13PA - Thanks for the great feedback. You came when Spring Break was going on at full steam in the area so we had a little different mix of leisure guests at that time, come back and see us again and I am fairly confident it will get a little quieter. Towards the end of this year we anticipate to roll some free access areas for internet in the lobby:) I am glad to hear to you had a good stay and we appreciate you staying with us! Have a great week!
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Given the facade, I thought this hotel was going to be old and worn. So I was pleasantly surprised to find it clean, spacious and modern. It also has a great location, right next to the metro - convenient when going into DC to see the sights without bringing the car (traffic can be a nightmare). The hotel is also along King St where there are lots of interesting antique shops, restaurants, etc.

Staff was friendly, the local town was a delight. I will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed April 2011
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
MiKiSMLA - I always thought our brick stature on the corner of the block looks intimidating and not worn but interesting feedback. We renovated a few years ago to a more modern look and I am really glad you enjoyed the superb location, we thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return! Have a great week!
Charlotte, NC, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were visiting DC and chose this hotel for the convenience of the metro. We were not disappointed. The Hilton is even more convenient than we anticipated. It is immediately across a side street from the King Street Metro Station; which is only two stops from Reagan National Airport and 30 minutes from the center of DC.

The rooms were nice sized and very clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast at the in-house restaurant was a good start for the the day. And while the room rate was certainly not inexpensive, it was very reasonable when looking at comparable options in DC.

One nice surprise was the free Alexandria Old Town Trolley service that runs the length of King Street. We used this on a few occasions during our stay to access the dinner and shopping options near the Alexandria waterfront.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Tarheelblue89 - Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host you here and for the kind feedback! We look forward to your return!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed here multiple times in the past and being a loyal HHonors member, I must say this is my favorite Hilton Brand Hotel. Clean, Great Staff, Convienent to the Metro -- can't ask for much more. 7 Story Hotel directly across the street from the King Street Metro Station for the Blue & Yellow Lines. Very clean property inside and out, renovations were on-going during my stay in the immed. lobby area. Starbucks located directly outside elevator bank, and room key is needed to go up to you're room on the elevator (gives you a sense of security). I requested a room on the upper floor facing the railroad tracks... To all the folks who complain about the noise of the trains - seriously, I've stayed in hotels directly next to the train tracks - while you can hear the train going by - it's more of a relaxing sound than bothersome... Great Views of the Metro and CSX Mainline, numerous Amtrak & Virginia Railway Express trains can be seen directly from you're room. Room was very comfortable, Bed wasn't a problem in my case. Numerous channels available - LCD TV's. There is a small indoor pool available to guests... Hotel staff very friendly - note of gratitude to the Waiter - Danny in the hotel resturant for breakfast. Next time I'm in the DC Area, I'll be sure to return to the Hilton Old Town Alexandria.

Room Tip: Front View-Train is the best, Courtyard View-Quiet
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Evanston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Large and comfortable rooms that are clean and modern, although the bed was too soft for my comfort. The hotel is next to a metro stop and located on King Street, which allows for easy access to the shops and sites of Old Town- the wharf is a 20-30 minute walk away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Evanston_Jeff - Thanks for staying with us. We have new beds but some say they are hard and some say they are soft! Can't win them all but thanks for the kind feedback! Come back and see us real soon.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond it is obvious I like Hilton hotels. I chose this hotel becuase it had the right rate on short notice. I normally stay at the Embassy Suites in Crystal City but alas they could not provide me the rate I needed. This hotel is immaculate. The staff is courtious and attentive. The restaraunt is average but adequate for a hotel restaraunt. Nice feature is that is literally right next to the King St Metro Station. I can get on and be at my meeting in downtown DC in 15 minutes. I would have given it a 5 except the beds are like concrete. I did not sleep well at all. Also no concierge reception. I'm back next week. I will stay at Embassy Suites that trip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Edisontheroadagain - Thanks for the kind feedback and for giving us a try! Our beds are fairly new so they may just need a little breaking in! We are working on a concierge concept but most likely won't get something done until late 2011 or early 2012! Travel safely and come back and see us!

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!