“Railfan Recommended - Fav Hilton in the DC Area” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Brooklyn, New York
“Railfan Recommended - Fav Hilton in the DC Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed here multiple times in the past and being a loyal HHonors member, I must say this is my favorite Hilton Brand Hotel. Clean, Great Staff, Convienent to the Metro -- can't ask for much more. 7 Story Hotel directly across the street from the King Street Metro Station for the Blue & Yellow Lines. Very clean property inside and out, renovations were on-going during my stay in the immed. lobby area. Starbucks located directly outside elevator bank, and room key is needed to go up to you're room on the elevator (gives you a sense of security). I requested a room on the upper floor facing the railroad tracks... To all the folks who complain about the noise of the trains - seriously, I've stayed in hotels directly next to the train tracks - while you can hear the train going by - it's more of a relaxing sound than bothersome... Great Views of the Metro and CSX Mainline, numerous Amtrak & Virginia Railway Express trains can be seen directly from you're room. Room was very comfortable, Bed wasn't a problem in my case. Numerous channels available - LCD TV's. There is a small indoor pool available to guests... Hotel staff very friendly - note of gratitude to the Waiter - Danny in the hotel resturant for breakfast. Next time I'm in the DC Area, I'll be sure to return to the Hilton Old Town Alexandria.

Room Tip: Front View-Train is the best, Courtyard View-Quiet
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Evanston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Large and comfortable rooms that are clean and modern, although the bed was too soft for my comfort. The hotel is next to a metro stop and located on King Street, which allows for easy access to the shops and sites of Old Town- the wharf is a 20-30 minute walk away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Evanston_Jeff - Thanks for staying with us. We have new beds but some say they are hard and some say they are soft! Can't win them all but thanks for the kind feedback! Come back and see us real soon.
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond it is obvious I like Hilton hotels. I chose this hotel becuase it had the right rate on short notice. I normally stay at the Embassy Suites in Crystal City but alas they could not provide me the rate I needed. This hotel is immaculate. The staff is courtious and attentive. The restaraunt is average but adequate for a hotel restaraunt. Nice feature is that is literally right next to the King St Metro Station. I can get on and be at my meeting in downtown DC in 15 minutes. I would have given it a 5 except the beds are like concrete. I did not sleep well at all. Also no concierge reception. I'm back next week. I will stay at Embassy Suites that trip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Edisontheroadagain - Thanks for the kind feedback and for giving us a try! Our beds are fairly new so they may just need a little breaking in! We are working on a concierge concept but most likely won't get something done until late 2011 or early 2012! Travel safely and come back and see us!
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Very convenient to Old Alexandria, Reagan National and metro. In fact literally next door to metro and amtrak station. you can hear trains leaving all teh time - not terribly loud - but noticeable for those of us not used to inner city noises. nice rooms, nice staff, nice meeting rooms

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Altraveler64, thanks for the feedback, the trains are a convenience and a challenge. If the train noise is an issue for you then next time when you come to town see if the desk has a room on the backside of the building, this may eliminate this problem for you. We'd love to have you back! Have a productive and an enjoyable week!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

What a great hotel - it takes just a few minutes to get there on the metro from National Airport, and the metro stop is right across the street from the hotel. The hotel is very nice - the rooms were large and clean, the lobby was nice, the Starbucks in the lobby was great, and the restaurant in the hotel was wonderful. The hotel is within walking distance of all kinds of stuff. Loved it and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thanks for a great review and we look forward to seeing you again! Look for the new buy specials at the front desk next time you check in! Have a great week!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Check in was easy, room was ready about an hour after arriving.

The hotel is two stops from DCA and literally right across the street from the Metro. Take the elevator down and cross the street. So simple.

Room was clean, temp was OK. All feather pillows were removed per my request which was nice.

Bar area is nice, daily specials. The breakfast buffet was $17 but included coffee and juice. The made to order spinach and mushroom egg white omelette was one of the best I have eaten. Napkins are like cardboard, though.

Great location, one of the best prices in the area. Metro did not keep me up at night but I did hear a train whistle at 6:15 in the morning. Not big deal.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the great feedback! We will work on the stiff napkins. Look forward to seeing you stay again. Have a great week!
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I needed to stay 95 nights on business trip and asked if the government per diem rate was available when requesting me reservation. The reservations agent told me it was available so I booked my stay at this Hilton. 30 days into my trip I asked for a copy of the bill, to my surprise the rate charged was $70 a night higher than the government rate. When I explained to the front desk the mistake they told me there was nothing hat could be done and very quickly changed the room rate to the government rate from that point on. The front desk apologized and said, they should have told you but what they gave you was an “alternate” per diem rate. I have been a HHONORS member for years and have always received amazing treatment as such. I couldn’t believe that Hilton would not correct their error. The following day I went to the front desk again and asked for the manager on duty to help me. The man at the front explained all of the mangers were in meetings and would get back to me that day. To no surprise, no one ever called back as promised. At day 30 of 95 I am leaving this hotel and moving on to the Marriott for the reaming 65 days. No need to give an extra 15k in room rates to a hotel and staff that deceived me and then blew me off. I have never been treated this way by any Hilton hotel, I am truly shocked and disappoint in this Hilton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Alexandria Old Town? Share your experiences!