“Pretty nice place- I would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro

You added Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Ride Special
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Clifton, NJ
“Pretty nice place- I would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Very nice hotel. Rooms were above average. Breakfast, not as good as others, e.g., Homewood Suites (but it was adequate); but for the location, you can't go wrong.
Rooms were clean and neat. Service at front desk was great.
Too expensive for what you get, but, then again, it was tourist season, and there weren't too many choices. I would definitely stat again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Went with a friend for a long weekend. Our room was a bit small but very clean. Breakfast is only so-so, but it's free so I can't make too big a deal of it. We chose it for proximity to the Metro, not knowing the neighborhood. It turns out that King Street is a fun place, lots of shopping, restaurants, and a free trolley. We did the museum thing in DC by day, and enjoyed the King Street scene in the evening. The people at the front desk were pleasant and knew the neighborhood. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

After staying in the other Hampton near Old Town, I decided I would give the King St. location a try. I can say I'm just as pleased if not more so, as even though the other Hampton has great shuttle service, this Hampton provides the ability to walk to dinner and shops in Old Town.

Front desk service from both ladies was great as I witnessed one check in a colleague as the other quickly checked me in around 4pm. We found parking right across the street luckily, which 2 hours and then free from 6pm to 9AM. I believe hotel self parking was around 15$, but with limited space in Old Town it is hard to argue. If you keep an eye out you might be able to also score a free spot instead of paying the fee.

Room was great, clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable which provided a good nights sleep. The next morning the standard Hampton fare was available for breakfast, although you can also walk next door to Dunkin Doughnuts for a better cup of coffee, breakfast sandwhich or pastry if so desired.

I would stay here again as the fare was around $170 compared to other costs nearby, but I might also be willing to try the Hilton (across street) and maybe the Embassy to keep it within the Hilton brand. I must say, some of those Kimpton hotels look very nice and as I've stayed in those properties before that might be a good choice as well if you have the available funds.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were going to skip our Washington, DC trip this year. The recession has hurt my business and I have been extremely busy. Last year, about the same time, we missed our White House tour, for various reasons, mostly signing up to late. When we returned home from the last trip, we immediately signed up for a year in advance.
Low and behold, two weeks before we were "invited" to the tour, we received an invitation from our representative's office. We really felt we needed to complete the mission, so we headed out to Washington, June 26-30, 2010.
Very tough to find a decent hotel room for a decent price so soon to our stay arrival date. Since I am a diamond member at Hilton, I contacted the sales office and they offered me a wonderful deal, about 30% off rack rates. Very nice. And we got a 1 bedroom suite! Could not have been nicer accommodations. Very comfortable and on Old Town King street. Cute stores and restaurants. In a great neighborhood. Very safe with tons of Alexandria police cruising everywhere….watch the suds!
We will be back to see our friends at the Hampton again soon. Helpful, attentive, and nice people. Great staff…you won't be disappointed.
Breakfast was a notch up from a typical Hampton breakfast. Old town was a nice diversion from the Washington scene. We stayed at the embassy suites in DC last time. This was just as nice, half the price and old town thrown in as well.
By the way, you should visit Monticello…about 100 miles out of DC. Kind of a Mt. Vernon "deluxe". The grounds are stunning.
Thank you again Alexandria King Street Hampton! We hope to come back soon!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Manchester by the Sea, MA,US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

My client booked me in here, so I did not get to choose my accommodation. I was pleasantly surprised by the exterior appearance in particular. This is after all "Old Town" and this Hampton Inn blends right in with its surroundings. Once inside the interior is of a slightly higher quality to that of other Hampton Inns I have stayed in. If I were to return to the area, I would have no qualms about returning here. Nothing fancy but definitely attractive and good value.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Great location for this Hampton on interesting King Street -- lots of great restaurants and shops nearby. A quick 5 min walk to the King St. metro station was a plus. The hotel itself was your pretty average Hampton experience, although furnishings seemed a bit older compared to some other Hamptons I've stayed at. Free wi-fi is a necessity these days, and the connection was great in the room. Free breakfast in the morning was outstanding -- hot items, coffee, muffings, bagels, cereal, etc.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Took some time to visit DC over the holiday break. Based on the trip advisor reviews decided to try this Alexandria Hampton. It turned out to be a great home base for our sight seeing.
The location is spot on - a block away from the metro station - and King Street in Alexandria is filled with great shops and restaurants. In the morning we rode the metro to our DC sightseeing destinations and in the evening we rode the free trolley down King Street to our latest restaurant choice (we loved the Mai Thai at the waters end of the street).
The Hampton service was, as typical, spot on. The breakfast - was good for a free breakfast - It is hard to describe - I mean if you stay at Hamptons - you know they are not 5 star hotels - but it delivers what you expect - and that makes it exactly what I want in a hotel. Clean, friendly and reasonably priced.
We had a great time - and will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro? Share your experiences!