“Comfortable Hampton Inn, Old Town Alexandria” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park and Ride Special
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
denver
“Comfortable Hampton Inn, Old Town Alexandria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you stay in Alexandria, VA, I recommend the Hampton Inn at Old Town Alexandria.

Location - two blocks down from the King Metro (subway) Stop.

Clean, nice rooms, outdoor pool, but there no jacuzzi. Breakfast is provided in the main lobby area. It's convenient, being served 6:00 am - 10:00 am. They usually have fruit, yogurt,cereal, oatmeal, breads, donuts, fixings for waffles, coffee, orange juice, cranberry juice. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a few other hot items are rotated in throughout the week.

Service - very good, very helpful, will answer any of your questions.

The hotel has a shuttle which can take you to the Ronald Reagan Airport, but the King Street Metro stop is two blocks down, and it's a very common site to see people at any of the metro stations, with their luggage, commuting to the airport. It's your choice.

We arrived about 2 hours before check in time, and the front desk gladly took our luggage, and held it for us behind the front desk. Nice! We then walked down King Street, which is the main street in Old Town Alexandria. It's a pleasant area, safe, and just layed back. I highly recommend visiting Old Town Alexandria, VA. It's worth the trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator when you check in, otherwise the rooms don't have them. We asked, and wit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Medina, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our little family of five (three small kids) just returned from a short stay here during our visit to DC. We reserved a no frills room with two-full beds and I'll admit, my first reaction upon entry was, "Oooh, this room looks small". It was a tight squeeze but we survived, no problem. I stay at Hampton Inns all over the country for good reason and this hotel is no exception. The beds were comfortable, the climate control worked well, the bathroom was in very good condition, the shower had good water pressure, the decor was tasteful and well kept and housekeeping did a nice job. I particularly looove the duvet and pillows with varying degrees of firmness depending on what you like. We also love the free hot breakfast in the morning - and it was well stocked during breakfast hours - plus found a place for all of us to sit together even though it was busy. It was a GREAT value for us as it seems that DC hotels were very high-priced for the Cherry Blossom Festival. The hotel is situated on King Street within close walking distance to some coffee shops and restaurants and a short, roughly two block walk to the Metro station which we took to get into DC. We felt extremely safe but I expected as much with Old Town Alexandria, unlike some neighborhoods in DC. The parking garage is secure and in the basement of the building; entry is on Dechantal Street in the back of the building. There weren't a ton of spaces in the garage and it was a tight squeeze for our minivan down there; park early if you need a spot. Kudos to the hotel staff for their friendly demeanor during our check-in, comings and goings. Overall, this is a safe bet and we're glad we stayed.

Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Was able to check in early, which was helpful because we were heading to a baseball game. Cozy lobby with lots of seating. Nice king room, with tv, wireless Internet, comfy bed. The location was great. I had never been here before, but it was easy to find, plus very close to the metro (2 blocks) and located on the nicest street with lots of restaurants. (And I mean lots) I would suggest using trip advisor to pick where to go for dinner, because we just thought lets walk down the street and pick something, but we didn't like our choice ( see my review of Mai Thai)
Anyway, hotel breakfast was good and FREE. They had hot stuff, cheese omlets, French toast sticks, sausage, oatmeal, and other breads bagels, cereal, etc. that was really nice.
I will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very convenient to metro to get in and out of DC. Great location in Old Town Alexandria, with the trolley up an down King St if needed. Staff was helpful with internet assistance. Breakfast ranged from a 7-10, was not consistent but still great for a free hot breakfast. Rooms were outdated, overpriced and smelled of cigarettes. Because it was Cherry Blossom Week everything was priced high but for the priced paid I would have thought better. Would stay here again if the prices were lower but prob pick a higher end hotel next time.

Medina, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our little family of five (three small kids) just returned from a short stay here during our visit to DC. We reserved a no frills room with two-full beds and I'll admit, my first reaction upon entry was, "Oooh, this room looks small". It was a tight squeeze but we survived, no problem. Another reviewer said "each" room has a mini-fridge and microwave but I can confirm that is not true, but neither was the room advertised to have one. However that said, I stay at Hampton Inns all over the country for good reason and this hotel is no exception. The beds were comfortable, the climate control worked well, the bathroom was in very good condition, the shower had good water pressure, the decor was tasteful and well kept and housekeeping did a nice job. I particularly looove the duvet and pillows with varying degrees of firmness depending on what you like. We also love the free hot breakfast in the morning - and it was well stocked during breakfast hours - and found a place for all of us to sit even though it was busy. It was a GREAT value for us as it seems that DC hotels were very high-priced for the Cherry Blossom Festival. The hotel is situated on King Street within close walking distance to some coffee shops and restaurants and a short (two block?) walk to the Metro station which we took to get into DC. We felt extremely safe but I expected as much with Old Town Alexandria, unlike some neighborhoods in DC. The parking garage is secure and in the basement of the building; entry is on Dechantal Street in the back of the building. There weren't a ton of spaces in the garage and it was a tight squeeze for our minivan down there; park early if you need a spot. Kudos to the hotel staff for their friendly demeanor during our check-in, comings and goings. Overall, this is a safe bet and we're glad we stayed.

Balti
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Booked a King room at this hotel to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend with the hopes of spending the day exploring the town. When we arrived at the hotel to check in around midnight after dinner in DC, they only had a double bed room to offer us because they said the king room I booked had a broken lock. Shouldn't they have someone who can fix that asap? Anyway, the straw that broke the camel's back was that they also had no room in the garage for my car and told me that if I got a ticket or TOWED for parking out front that they'd reimburse me. Needless to say, we left and went home, all my birthday plans ruined. What really sealed the deal about this place is that I called the manager for a week to try and confirm that the cancellation of the room had gone through and that I'd be getting my money back and he never returned my phone call. Very professional. Thankfully I booked through Amex Travel (highly recommend!) and they called the hotel for me and gave me my money back asap.
Beware of this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Homeless people were sleeping, washing up and eating breakfast each day in the hotel lobby. When I complained to the desk clerk she appeared not to be concerned and apparently did nothing about it as these people were in the lobby each day of my 4 night stay.. In addition the 100% guarantee policy didn't work as I paid approximately $250/night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro? Share your experiences!