“A GREAT place to stay! Great location at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
From $109 w Breakfast!
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Columbia, South Carolina
“A GREAT place to stay! Great location at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We truly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to others! From what I understand, the suites have recently been redone - and they are very beautiful and the staff keeps them very clean. The hotel itself is just across from the King Street Metro station and from the King Street trolley, so it is very easy to travel into DC or head down to the cute little shops and restaurants on King Street if you decide not to head into the city. (The hotel also has a shuttle that will take you down King Street or anywhere within a 2 mile radius.) The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful also - my husband recently had knee surgery and was hobbling around all week. One morning, he decided to head downstairs earlier than the rest of us. The staff came over where he was reading the paper and offered to help him with breakfast before the rest of us came down. Absolutely wonderful customer service!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
DuPage County, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

I attended a conference held at this hotel and found it very satisfactory. You can't beat the location! Two stops from National Airport on the Metro, easy trip into DC. The hotel provides a shuttle to Old Town, which is great. Wonderful showerhead -- I want one! Great cocktails, breakfast etc.

My only complaints were: the bed was too hard, the pillows (feather) too hard, and I really could hear the man in the next room snoring! And, of course, the wi-fi should be free.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Would highly recommend this hotel for families looking for an reasonably priced hotel for trip to DC for kids. Located across the street from Metro, it provides easy access into DC. Pluses for families include swimming pool and hot tub (including lifeguard on duty when we visited), free cooked to order breakfast, free happy hour 5-7pm, and conveniently located near King Street and Old Towne restaurants. Also, business center with free internet was nice convenience. Re: restaurants, La Tasca (Tapas) and Bilbo Baggins our favs, avoid Joe Theismann's.

Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I brought 25 students and 4 adults from Maine to DC for three nights and we stayed at this hotel. At $169.00 per night, this hotel offered excellent value for my students. I was able to put 5 in a room without complaints from the kids. The location, as many other reviewers have written, is very convenient to DC. The hotel is directly across the street from the King Street Metro stop. It took about 15-20 minutes to get into DC. There are also a number of shops and restaurants along King Street, which my students enjoyed. There is a free hotel shuttle going up and down King Street (but it is only a mile or so walk). There is also a free trolley that picks up at the Metro.

Breakfast was packed each morning. There were several other groups also staying at the hotel. Plan on giving an hour to breakfast because of the crowds. The breakfast also had the typical Embassy offerings (cook-to-order omelets, pancakes, grits, bacon, breads, cereals, pastries, juices, etc). However, I though some of the items were poorly cooked or of cheap quality.

The evening reception was nothing special. For food, they put out chips, popcorn, and pretzels. Alcoholic drinks were not free. You had to pay $1.00 for beer and $2.00 for hard liquor. I did not drink since I was with students. However, this is the first Embassy that I have been at which charged for alcohol during the manager's reception.

The rooms were very clean and we had no issues. The pool is kind of small and the kids reported that the hot-tub was shut off fairly early at night (7pm).

I would certainly bring another group here. If I was traveling alone or with a significant other, I might chose a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2010
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This Embassy Suites is very convenient if you're planning a trip to DC since the Metro is literally across the street. Parking is a bit steep at $24/day and internet service is only free if you're a gold member or higher (this is not the case at other locations), but overall I enjoyed this hotel. Internet is available in the business center for free and I believe wireless is free in the dining area- not sure though. Overall this is a nice hotel, however, I do have some minor comments about the room I was in. 1) The table or desk area in which you would use your laptop was in the corner of the room that had zero outlets. I had to move the table so that my power adaptor would reach. 2) There is only one place to hang your towel- at least one other towel rack or hook would have been nice. 3) The light switch/plate in our bathroom was filthy. I forgot to take a picture of it, but I ended up cleaning it with some wipes that I had with me. 4) There was no toilet paper holder. I'm not sure if they forgot to install one or if this was on purpose. Not a big deal but I've never encountered that before in a hotel.

I gave them a Very Good rating since overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We stayed here for a 4 day trip to Washington. The hotel was a great location and we thought a good value in relation to the high cost of hotels in the Washington area. My wife and I slept on the pull out and we found it to be comfortable - the mattress seemed to be one of the newer foam type.

Breakfast was awesome - just get there a bit early to avoid the lines. We managed to save money by eating big breakfasts and then just snacking for lunch.

I had serious concerns about parking given some of the reviews. In truth it is a typical city parking garage - it is tight but is NOT as fearsome as some have said. We have a big SUV and we found a big spot one night and then just overparked into another space the second. Other cars do it - the hotel doesn't mind (they don't even own the garage). Parking IS expensive at $24.00 a day, but there is NO other options in the area.

The $12.95 a day for internet is over the top - but they do have a 4 station business center in the lobby that is free.

Overall, this is a great hotel for visiting Washington - take adavantage of King Street for dinner and shopping!

Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I usually stay at the Hilton Old Town, but decided to give this a try. The stay was free (HHonors certificate), so I may be a little biased, but this is a great place to stay. The location is awesome (right off of King Street), the interior court and rooms are very nice, beds are comfortable, and the gym is adequate (could use another elliptical, though). Parking can be an issue, but we got lucky: showed up around 8pm to check in and got a free spot on the street in front of the hotel; didn't have to move the car until 11 am. One suggestion: dial down the internet costs. $12 for internet access is ridiculous. At least have free wi-fi in the restaurant!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town? Share your experiences!