“really liked this place” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $119!
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
California
“really liked this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I had such a good time at this hotel. For me the friendly staff is really important. When I needed to get my nails done they told me where to go and called the free shuttle without me even asking. I was delivered in style to my nail appointment! When we requested extra blankets, etc. they brought them up almost immediately. They were genuinely friendly, not just the pasted on corporate smiles.

I asked for, and got, a very quiet room. That's my first priority in any hotel. Room 703! Fantastic. It had an odd but great layout - the second room was down a longish hall. Our kids had privacy and so did we.

The breakfast is OK but they could improve it. I would not choose a hotel based on the breakfast though. There was plenty of food including fresh fruit.

As noted in many reviews, the hotel has a wonderful location. You can walk to the cutesy tourist part of Alexandria and pop over to the Metro to go anywhere else. If you just need a quick sandwich you can run down to a couple delis.

The business center had slow computers but they were free and even printing was free. So many hotels nickel and dime this.

If there is a better alternative hotel in this neighborhood I wonder what it is.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Located directly at the King Street Metro. Very convenient to go to Washington DC and Alexandria. Has a free shuttle service to Mainstreet Alexandria!
Rooms spacy, comfortable and clean but a little bit outdated.
Great service, includes a free cooked to order breakfast and a managers reception in the evening.
Pool obviously clean but urgently needs an updating, the pool area was not really invititing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Huber Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

A coworker and I stayed at this hotel the 24 - 26 Aug 09 to attend a class in the area. The hotel was wonderful from the moment we checked in until we left. The staff was very friendly and professional. The room was BEAUTIFUL and very quiet... day and night! The hot made-to-order breakfast was perfect each day. They make omelets (with a long list of ingredients to add), corned beef hash, sausage links, bacon, fried potatoes and grits. They also offered fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, donuts. A wide variety of juices and coffee/tea. There was definitely a wide variety to please everyone. The location was great!!! Easy access to the free King Street trolley and the King Street metro. There is soooooo much to do on King Street. In the evenings we shopped in Old Town and ate at The Chart House near the dock on the Potomac River. (I would highly recommend that restaraunt too, especially if you like fresh fish and steak!) There were two negative issues... no free wi-fi in the room and the parking garage. Parking was horrendous!!!!! We were fortunate that our company paid the daily parking fee of $24.00. I would really be upset to have to pay that fee and deal with the mess in the garage! It is soooooooo cramped that we had trouble parking our rental car - a Dodge Caliber!! It's a small, compact car but obviously not as small as the parking slots. Plus there are LOTS of support pillars - some vertical, some diagonal. I've NEVER seen a garage like this so beware!!!! I would never want to bring my own vehicle and take a chance getting it messed up, that's for sure!! With that said, it is still one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. My family and I vacation every year at Disney World and I would put this hotel up to any of the resorts (even the high-end ones) any day. We were very happy that we booked this Embassy Suites!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

This Embassy Suites was particularly nice. The lobby and rooms are very well kept. I actually thought that it had recently opened and was surprised to learn that it has been around for almost a decade. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite with a great view of the George Washington Masonic Memorial and the US Capitol as a courtesy for my HHonors status without even asking. The breakfast buffet was generous and grill turned out a terrific omelet to order very quickly. The staff members were cheery and pleasant, especially the omelet cook.

The parking garage is absolutely horrific. It begins with meandering down a steep and serpentine ramp. Then you are in a narrow but surprising bright hellish maze of piles and diagonal -- diagonal -- beams and supports. I had tremendous difficulty finding a space where I could fit a Toyota Camry. It was expensive, too, and not included in the cost of the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
SE Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

This hotel was extremely convienent to the metro and to King street. It had a huge complementary breakfest and "happy hour". The rooms were clean, nothing too exciting. The staff was extrememly friendly. Very good place to stay if you are visiting the DC area. You don't need to rent a car, jsut use the metro and hotel shuttle.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Postives first: The staff was professional and helpful. Always with a smile. The location is close to perfect - at the top of King Street across from the Metro and Amtrak stations. Plenty of restaurants and pubs to occupy feeding times.

The "not so good": The breakfast was very poor. Perhaps the worst I have encountered at an Embassy Suites. After the first morning our party refused to eat at the hotel, opting instead to walk down King St.

Our room has issues - the toilet had to be repaired - the tank kept flooding. We fixed it. A cabinet door in the bathroom was lying on the floor when we arrived - they fixed it. There was a fairly substantial hole in the wall of the bedroom. No one fixed it. Finally there was only one remote - another was not provided.

The business center was sort of a joke. The printer was down (couldn't print boarding passes), one PC was down, and the other two were extremely slow.

In short - not really bad, just not very good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

My family stayed here the last week of July while we were visiting Washington D.C.

The Good: 1. across the street from the metro 2. friendly staff

The Bad: 1. outdated 2. breakfast is not the quality of other
Embassy Suites 3. over-priced 4. parking- 24 dollars a night

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town? Share your experiences!