“Great location. Great service.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 65% Off Parking
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
San Antonio, Texas
“Great location. Great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Old Town Alexandria. What a comfortable hotel it was. Travelling can be such a pain anymore, but upon arrival, the front desk staff went out of their way to make up for a long day. They were very friendly and gave me a great room. The room itself was very comfortable and well stocked with coffee (a Keurig!). The manager's reception every night provided a free way to unwind from a long day at work. You won't have a meal at the reception, but snacks were provided to accompany several wine selections, sangria and four types of draft beer, again, all free. The free breakfast was exceptional. Made to order eggs, and all the fixings, plus cereal and other hot items were plentiful.

The staff couldn't have been friendlier throughout my stay and provided all the support I needed for getting things done.

The location, across from the King Street metro station, may lead a person to want to avoid the noise associated with a rail station, but you needn't worry. The hotel was peaceful and the noise from the station was unnoticeable. The added bonus is that the station provides an easy way to get to DC for sightseeing or business by avoiding a messy DC commute in a car. On top of that, there's a free trolley to take you throughout King Street, Old Town Alexandria, to take full advantage of the shops and restaurants.

I only have one negative comment, about the parking in the garage there. The spots are EXTREMELY tight and you may think twice about parking a high end vehicle there. There's nothing the hotel can do as the structure support columns really limit the available space. Park on P1 to better your space choices.

I will stay at this location again, when my travels take me to the DC area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 8th floor get free Wi-Fi. Park on P1 to better your space choices.
3 Thank A R
MaryAnne_Russell_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Thank You for sharing your review of your most recent stay with us! I’m pleased to her your received such a warm welcome and that our Front Desk staff was so helpful throughout your stay. And as you mentioned our premium 8th floor rooms that feature the Keurig are TOPS! We know you have many choices when you travel and I am delighted to know that we can expect to see you again if your travels bring you this way again. Thank You.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The hotel stay was nice. The amenities were in abundance. There is a happy hour for guest which also accommodates children. Although I did not expect so many children in the lobby, they were well managed by their guardians. So, I did not seem to realize there were so many, at times. I had an issue with in-room dining that was partially resolved in my eyes. The staff were super nice. The access to the garage and back through the hotel was a tad bit confusing and unaccommodating; however, that can not be changed. The rooms were huge compared to other hotels and you pay an extra tax on the space. In the future, I rather just stay at a traditional Hilton brand.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank KanishaR
Thank You for choosing one of the many options you have from the Hilton portfolio of properties. Each does offer an individual guest experience unique to the brand. While we are very family friendly we are business friendly as well. I do apologize if your in-suite dining experience was less than memorable. Should that be the only reason you elect not to return to us I do hope that you would reconsider. Our “Make It Right” pledge is not only a pledge, it’s a promise. And we would love to demonstrate how we live this every day. Thank You.
Twinsburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Pros - This hotel does exactly what I want it to do. It is close to business I have nearby. It is right across the street from the King Street Metro, so I can come straight from the airport to my hotel. Often they have rooms ready early in the morning when I get there, so I can go ahead and check in. If they don't, they will work to get me into a room as fast as possible. When I get there early in the morning, even if I haven't officially checked in, I can still eat breakfast. The rooms are based on size, not frills, but it is comfortable, clean, attractive, functional, and a great place to get a good night's sleep. I have done work and conducted meetings in these rooms, so I know they work for business. Ice is convenient and nearby on the floors. They will hold your luggage if you have early or late flights and need a place for storage. In addition, great customer service. Each Embassy Suites is a little bit different in how they do the cooked-to-order breakfast, but this one does special egg requests, pancakes, and french toast. They do a solid pizza.

Cons - I didn't get my two bottles of water this time around for being a Gold member. Don't rely on the Manager's reception for any sort of meal or appetizer. I wish they had more fresh fruit on the buffet, like pineapple and berries (which the Hilton across the street does). I also wish they had all-day coffee service, like some of the moderately priced hotels. Even a coffee shop would be nice. There is a Starbucks in the Hilton across the street. It would be nice to have something like that or at least lobby coffee service all day.

Room Tip: I have heard that it is not a good idea to get rooms on the first floor. Also, I got the premium ro...
      Rooms
1 Thank Christopher M
Thank You for sharing some vital feedback on your stay with us that we can use to improve how we serve each and every guest. I apologize if you did not receive your welcome amenity as a valued Hilton HHonors member. It sounds like we need to work on letting every guest know that we have other amenities that may not be as visible as others like: 24-hr coffee availability and a variety of fruits available for breakfast. We strive hard to honor guest requests as well. Should you travels bring you to the area again please give us a chance to win your loyalty with our award winning service and appreciation for not only Hilton HHonors members but each and every guest.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Just steps from the King St Metro and King st Trolley. The service is outstanding, far best hotel in the DC Metro area. Walking distance to some great resturants and Pubs. Take advantage of the History of Old Town by taking a walking tour or a ghost tour...

Room Tip: Take advantage of the complimentry Breakfast and Managers Social.....
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dotrat2014
Thank you for the compliments on your location and service. Old Town Alexandria is full of rich history and things to do and it only adds to the prestige we take in sharing our wonderful location and service with all who come through our doors. Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here Saturday/Sunday for Labor Day weekend. The hotel was very nice. Perfect for our family of 6 (although the beds were small). The room was a nice size. The free breakfast was very good and had a big variety. The evening drinks/snacks were ok. I liked the free wine/beer, but the snacks were so so (popcorn, chips/salsa, pretzels). The pool was ok. It was small. The hotel is beautiful and open, and you go to the pool and there is not a window. Feels very closed in. Then we find out on Monday it is closed for repairs?!?! Very convenient to metro (to get in city) and Old Town (free trolley). My other complaint would be that the room next to us had room service or food delivery both nights. When we got to our room at night the garbage was in the hall and when we woke up in the morning the garbage was still there. You would think that could have been taken care of through the night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank lynn j
MaryAnne_Russell_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Thank You for your feedback on your recent stay. It does serve us well to know when some things are being overlooked so our guests have a more enjoyable experience from cleanliness to amenities to refreshments and snacks. While overall your stay was enjoyable I look forward to sharing your feedback with my food & beverage teams and housekeeping to ensure we are truly showing our best to every guest. Thank You.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Had a great 4 day stay at this hotel. Complimentary breakfast buffet was perfect with made to order eggs daily. Rooms were spacious and clean. Lobby and atrium area is nice.

The only complaint I can make is that the parking lot attached to the hotel has the smallest parking spaces I have ever seen. Don't rent a full size SUV when parking here.

1 Thank MTLSean
Indeed, our parking is limited. We will continue to focus on providing the best accommodations even for large SUV’s. I Thank you for giving us feedback on things we can do to improve the overall guest experience. I am thankful that there were some things we did well on during your stay and I will continue to evaluate ways we can improve in the future. Thank You.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for Labor Day weekend. My thoughts:
1. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly. The girl who checked us in remembered my name all weekend!
2. We got the premium room which included unlimited snacks and drinks. Nice option, except the snack and drink machine was broken, so you had to go down to the front desk for snacks and drinks. Not awful, but certainly not as convenient as staying on your floor.
3. Ideal location for getting on the metro- it's right across the street. It's about 20 minutes to get to the museums in DC. Also, the free trolley that goes down King street leaves from the metro parking lot.
4. Had dinner at Hard Times Cafe, about .5 miles from the hotel. A little dive-ish, but we had a blast. Ribs were fantastic. They bring you a sampler of their chili if you've never been there before.
5. Complimentary breakfast was great. Plenty of options. Look around before you get in the first line you see.
6. Definitely get the package that includes parking. Saves you $ you have to spend anyway.
7. Pool was small, luckily it was just my son and I in there. Couldn't imagine more than 5 or 6 people in at a time. I didn't use the fitness room, but thought it was odd that you get to it by walking around the pool and its wet floor.
8. A little tricky figuring out where to park and check in when you first get there. Could use better signage. We drove around the block 3 times before someone helped us.

I would definitely stay here again! Would give it 5 stars if the snack thing worked better, the pool was bigger, and it wasn't so confusing finding the entrance/parking.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David O
We only get better with your feedback! Thank You for sharing! Your list of things that were truly an asset to you during your stay with us can only be appreciated by others if we continue to improve. The 8th floor premium snack access is something we continue to work on ensuring that it is operational and convenient. When your travels bring you our way again we will be sure to earn that fifth star! I promise! Thank You.