Stayed here two nights for Labor Day weekend. My thoughts:
1. Hotel staff was incredibly friendly. The girl who checked us in remembered my name all weekend!
2. We got the premium room which included unlimited snacks and drinks. Nice option, except the snack and drink machine was broken, so you had to go down to the front desk for snacks and drinks. Not awful, but certainly not as convenient as staying on your floor.
3. Ideal location for getting on the metro- it's right across the street. It's about 20 minutes to get to the museums in DC. Also, the free trolley that goes down King street leaves from the metro parking lot.
4. Had dinner at Hard Times Cafe, about .5 miles from the hotel. A little dive-ish, but we had a blast. Ribs were fantastic. They bring you a sampler of their chili if you've never been there before.
5. Complimentary breakfast was great. Plenty of options. Look around before you get in the first line you see.
6. Definitely get the package that includes parking. Saves you $ you have to spend anyway.
7. Pool was small, luckily it was just my son and I in there. Couldn't imagine more than 5 or 6 people in at a time. I didn't use the fitness room, but thought it was odd that you get to it by walking around the pool and its wet floor.
8. A little tricky figuring out where to park and check in when you first get there. Could use better signage. We drove around the block 3 times before someone helped us.
I would definitely stay here again! Would give it 5 stars if the snack thing worked better, the pool was bigger, and it wasn't so confusing finding the entrance/parking.