“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to DC together with our 3 boys, stayed at this hotel and took the metro to the Smithonian museums. It was a great experience. The best price and quality for the area. They also serve a free amazing buffet style breakfast and a free happy hour. Very happy with the experience.

Room Tip: We had a king bedroom and it also had a living room with a pull out couch, perfect for my teenager.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and were able to visit the numerous sites and museums that Washington DC has to offer. Please come back and see us again soon. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have stayed here before and really enjoyed the experience. The location, staff, and room exceeded my expectations. I just reserved a room for later this month ( Nov ), partly because they were offering a free parking special. when I booked, I found out the "free" parking costs $12.00 per day. I was told that normally the parking charge would be $26.00 per day. I would love to hear feedback from a GM as to why the free parking special costs $12.00.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your past stay and that you will be returning to our hotel in November. We do offer a “Park & Play” rate on our Embassy Suites website which identifies a “savings of $14.00 or more”. I am however, unaware of the “free parking” special you reference in your review. Please bring this information when you stay with us this month and our front office staff will be happy to review this at check-in. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Columbus, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We tend to stay at Embassy Suites when traveling with our children, but will likely not return to this particular location. The hotel has a convenient location, directly across the street from the King St. Metro. However, there were a couple of issues:
1. Strange charges: After we arrived home, I noticed that my credit card was overcharged by $67.42 even though I had an itemized receipt with the correct amounts. I called the hotel and was informed that their normal business practice is to overcharge the clients, but will refund the difference within 24-48 hours. This was not explained during the reservation process, nor at check-in. Pretty questionable.
2. Service was sub-standard. With the exception of the front desk clerk at check-in, we did not have a single positive experience with any of the hotel staff. This isn't critical, but it certainly does not encourage brand loyalty.
3. The hotel has not been completely renovated and our bathroom was dirty and in disrepair (a faux vanity door fell on my 9 year old son's foot).
4. We bought a package which included self-parking and movies. I felt like this was worth the price and would definitely have been irritated if I had to pay for those on top of the rates.
5. Pillows were awful. This is probably just a personal preference, but the pillows were really thin and offered no support.

Overall, the location is the reason for positive feedback. Next time we will just stay at the Embassy suites in the District.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am concerned to hear about the issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves of having the most amiable staff and feel saddened, that the only positive encounter you had was with the Front Office staff. Let me assure you, that we do not overcharge our guests for their stay. We do place a credit authorization hold on the card given at the time of check in, which is common procedure at all hotels. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel, so we may determine what might have transpired to bring about such a charge on your card and to also further discuss your stay as well. I am confident that we can not only work towards a solution but change your opinion of our hotel and staff. I anxiously await your call. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Arrived on a Thursday by Amtrak -- station is about two blocks from the hotel. Greeted pleasantly by the staff and showed to our room promptly. Space was generous and well appointed. Location is great -- right across the street from the Metro and the free Alexandria trolley plus local buses. Room was quiet and overlooked the train hub and the George Washington Masonic Memorial. The free breakfast was very generous and the made-to-order eggs great. The bar and lounge area was a great addition for a place to sit or have a drink. Didn't try the restaurant but it looked like a nice menu and attractive room. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were just off the elevators but never heard noise -- rooms quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to your return. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Metro is right across the street so very easy to travel in from/to the city/airport. King street is right there and the shuttle driver will drop off/pick up within a mile. Accommodations were very clean and comfortable and there was no external "hotel" noise. Breakfast and evening happy hour was an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for writing this review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you again soon. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
westborough, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Embassy Suites Hotel in Alexandria, VA is wonderful. The location is great for arrival from Ronald Regan Airport (two stops away) and minutes from the Metro. Great location for walking King Street in Old Town. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We always stay here on our annual Cousin's Weekend"

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. How pleased we are that you allow us to participate in your annual Cousin’s Weekend event and stay at our Embassy Suites Old Town. Reuniting with family is always a good time and we are fortunate to be your venue of choice. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
seattle, WA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located but unfortunately management is not responsive to its customers needs and desires. The bathrooms are not cleaned when you arrive. they mess with your stuff during your stay. They do not follow through on agreements to correct past problems broght to their attention. I would stay at the Residence Inn just down the street rather than this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your feedback and for having chosen our hotel. I am pleased that we were able to discuss your issues and I appreciate your concern. Should you wish to discuss any other matters in the future, please reach out to me at the hotel number. I thank you for your continued patronage and our staff eagerly awaits your return. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town? Share your experiences!