As far as hotels go this place doesn't really stand out particularly, but if you're coming to Alexandria and want to be sure of what you're getting then this Embassy Suites ticks a lot of the boxes. It's located just opposite a metro station and there are always cabs right outside. It's just past the main strip that heads down to the waterfront so expect a good 20 minute walk if you want to get to the river. There are plenty of bars to stop off at in the evening though and in the daytime there's a free old time trolley that takes you down there from around the corner.
Given it's an all suites hotel the place was always full of school kids on a trip to visit the capital. In fact it was usually over run with them while I was there although they mostly seemed well behaved. The hotel looks like it's just starting to show some signs of wear around the edges but you have to look to see them and the place is pretty spotless. The staff are very attentive and can't go out of their way enough to help, even if you have particular requests. Parking is a crazy $26 per night but that's about average for this area and there's no long term on street parking. The breakfast is included but is a very basic buffet style affair although the omelette station is very good and has more options than the standard buffet that's laid out. The bar closes at about 23:00 which I thought a bit odd, even when there were guests still hovering around drinking. If you don't fancy eating at the restaurant and don't want to eat out, the hotel are happy for you to order pizza delivery which is nice.
Room number 646
Tea making facilities in room - Yes
Toiletries - Yes
TV channels - Standard cable channels
In room safe - No but there's a safety deposit style system at reception. The two key system where people might stash their diamonds!
Internet - Wi-fi in the bar and reception area is free but I could still pick it up on the 6th floor.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel Alexandria
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel
- Embassy Suites Alexandria Old Town
- Embassy Suites Alexandria
- Alexandria Embassy Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.