The location of this hotel is great, just across from the metro station and an easy walk to Old Town. If you don't care to walk, there is a shuttle to take you there, which we took for the way there, but when we saw how close it was just walked back. Also, the free Old Town trolley stops close to the hotel as well. It is also and easy walk to the GW Masonic Memorial, which is a pretty impressive building.
The design of this hotel is really nice, with an open center courtyard with with rooms around the outside. The interior is very pretty with a lot of greenery, and nice design. There are a couple of annoying things, entering the hotel from the parking garage, the signage isn't very good, so it is harder than it should be to find the main part of the hotel from there (but easy once you know where you are going). Speaking of the parking garage, I have never seen so many pillars, most of the parking spaces have cement pillars on each side which makes parking, especially for a large car, very tricky. The pool is nice, and it does include a hot tub. There is an attendant on duty, which made it a little awkward being the only person in the hot tub or pool area. The fitness center was amazingly spacious (which is a rare treat in hotels) and pleasant.
Many of the rooms have large windows that face the interior hallways, so make sure your privacy curtains are closed. The rooms are attractive and spacious, but the couches are not very comfortable. The beds weren't impressive either.
I was disappointed on the cleanliness front, the hotel definitely was clean, but rough around the edges, our room mirror was covered in fingerprints, the hallway carpets could have used a vacuum, no major issues, just short of the level of excellence you would expect from this level of hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel Alexandria
- Embassy Suites Alexandria Old Town
- Embassy Suites Alexandria
- Alexandria Embassy Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.