I stayed here for 3 nights recently for work, and it has a great location. Not just for my work but it is literally across the street from the king street metro stop. This is convenient for travelers like myself flying into Reagan airport and going to DC without a car. There is also a shuttle bus at the metro that takes you into old town which is nice to have so close. It probably has the best location of the hotels in the alexandria/kingstreet/carlyle area but there are quite a few other ones within a block or two. It's in my experience a little more expensive than the Westin or the Marriot. Honestly I think in the future I will probably continue to just get the one that is cheapest when I need to go.
Pros: Atrium and breakfast are nice, typical of embassy suites. Nice to have a free breakfast, the Westin charges a ton for it. They tried to charge for Wifi which bugs me, but I was able to get free ATT Wifi most of the time which was great. Elevators are very fast and nice to use, one of the best systems I've seen. Not sure how but there was never a wait! Bed was comfortable and I slept well.
Cons: The couch was awful. Most uncomfortable couch i've ever sat on. Seemed new and probably fairly expensive but it was so stiff, boxy and rigid it was completely un-usable. Just to sit on, I did not attempt to sleep on the pull out part - nor would i want to. Room was a bit loud in the living room side, but the bedroom was quite which worked for me. I could see it being an issue with kids on the sofa though. The couch was so uncomfortable I ended up not using that room at all. Another con was the pool, it was tucked away in a tiny corner, very uninviting - seemed like it was just there because they had to have one. Not a big fan of that, but it was a similar problem at the Westin. Amazingly this one was even worse though.
Note on breakfast -Breakfast as a slight bit disappointing, not because it was bad it was just like what i have had at other Embassy Suites but it wans't any better either. This is in a city with a ton of great places to get pastries and lots of international people/travelers and it was just a vanilla and plain as it is in the middle of georgia or michigan. That said it's a chain so maybe its hard to vary.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel Alexandria
- Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town Hotel
- Embassy Suites Alexandria Old Town
- Embassy Suites Alexandria
- Alexandria Embassy Suites
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.