“Great location & Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates from $139!
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
nj
“Great location & Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were a family group staying in three rooms over President's weekend. The front desk staff was able to check us in when we arrived very early (at 9:30 a.m.), and advised us that we were welcome to have breakfast (even though normal check-in time is not until mid-afternoon). So they already made a great impression on us, and the cooked to order breakfast was a treat every day of our stay. The staff that maintains the atrium and dining areas were efficient and did a great job clearing tables, and keeping the buffet tables, clean and well stocked. There is also a happy hour in the huge atrium, and since the hotel was fully booked with a lot of families and children that area did tend to become very noisy.

The rooms are in need of some re-furbishing but are very clean; rooms have microwave, coffee maker & mini fridge. We took advantage of the Whole Foods grocery store just a few minutes away for some take-out meals that were quite good.

We ate one supper at the on-site restaurant "Caprese" where service was slow but pleasant and food was only fair.

Bell services stored our luggage for us on our check-out day so that we could continue with our sightseeing for that day. Very easy to come back to the hotel, pick up luggage and go on our way home.

Metro service directly across the street was convenient and quick into the city, and we were only about twenty minutes by car to Mt. Vernon.

Parking is an extra charge, but I feel that this hotel offered great value for the money and will definitely stay again in the future.

Thanks to all the staff for making our stay there a great one!

Room Tip: all rooms overlook the atrium.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. How wonderful that we had rooms available for your group to check in earlier. I am please that you were able to benefit of the great breakfast we offer daily. As stated in a previous response, we will be updating our furnishings and tub surrounds towards the end of this year and would love to welcome you again when all is done. Our restaurant Caprese has revamped its menu and is now providing new offerings to our guests. Perhaps one of these would be more to your liking? Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Korean first
jmrwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Second year in a row we spent at the Embassy for President's day weekend. Nice rooms; great breakfast; and a nice happy hour to wrap up the day. Easy access to the Meto and Old Town.

Free parking on street after 7:00, and free on the weekends so don't pay if you'll be out during the day and just paking at night.

Room Tip: Our room was by the elevator bank. Tried to move, but we checked in late and no other rooms were av...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us again and that your stay was pleasant. Perhaps on your next stay, you may want to specify on your reservation, that you’d like a room away from the elevator? Although these are requests, our staff will do their very best to accommodate your room location preference. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel has a great location right near the King Street Metro. It would be good for travelers who just want a place to crash at night after a day of touring the area. The furnishings are all in boring and old fashioned patterns in nuetrals. The shower was made old tiles and in need of updating. The main table in the living area was old and banged up- just looked dirty. Nothing special about the look of the room.
The atrium area is pretty and all the rooms overlook it, I think. It can be a little noisy though.
The complimentary breakfast was really good. Lots of items to choose from and the made-to -order omelettes and eggs station was great.
The front desk staff was not very receptive at all. They took their time in acknowledging me when I arrived, and when I stopped by at the end of my stay as well.
I went there for a special stay with my daughter and her friends to celebrate her 16th birthday. They had fun because they were together, but they said that the pool is super small and only went to 4 feet, and the whirlpool was "OK". There is also a lifeguard on duty which is unusual, and would be a little awkward if you went in there alone.
For almost $200 a night I hoped for something a little nicer in the looks of the hotel rooms and pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to say, that we will be updating all of our tub surrounds and furnishings towards the end of this year. I am concerned, however that you were not completely satisfied with our Front Office staff, especially being that this was a special occasion. Our staff is usually quite receptive and pleasant and I will need to forward your comments to the Front Office Manager for review. I would appreciate speaking with you directly, should you be agreeable, and discuss your stay. Please reach out to me or my administrative assistant at the hotel number. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Old Town last September, and just booked again for April. The hotel and the staff were amazing. The breakfast was delicious and fresh and hot. The bar staff was so friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. The location was wonderful. The metro is just across the street. And we loved walking down King Street to find a restaurant. The trolley is really a great addition. It was hot when were there, so we would take the trolley down to the water, eat and then stroll back. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that everything was to your liking, and that you will be returning soon! Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay here frequently as I often have business in Alexandria. The location is great - right across from the Metro so an easy trip from the airport. I'm not fond of the restaurants in the immediate area but it isn't far from some wonderful Old Town options and if the weather doesn't cooperate the hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up. The breakfast is one of the best I have encountered - certainly head and shoulders above other "breakfast included" chains. The only complaint I have is the furnishings in the living area - although they are clearly quite sturdy they are exceptionally uncomfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sure our breakfast staff will be pleased, that you enjoyed your breakfast and considered it better than other hotel chains. Alexandria Old Town is a great place to visit and offers wonderful dining options. I look forward to your return to our property. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was an overnight stay for business, and I got the king suite with free parking deal. Love this location and the atrium is great for hanging out to drink coffee and watch the news. My room was clean and spacious. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I appreciate that business trips may not always be perfect, and I am delighted that your experience at our Embassy Suites Alexandria was a pleasant one. Should your travels bring you back to the DC area, I hope to be able to welcome you again as our guest. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My dad and I stayed here for the 2013 inauguration weekend. We found out we would be attending less than a month before and decided to stay outside the district in Alexandria since most hotels were already booked or charging exorbident prices. Overall, we were very satisfied with the stay. The hotel is across from the metro, which worked perfectly for the busy inauguration. There aren't many restaurants close to the hotel, but if you are willing to walk down King St. towards the water, you will be able to find a wide variety of options. The sofa bed was a bit firm to sleep on, but overall the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Self Parking is 25.00, and some of the spaces are very tight. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. Although as you say your trip was arranged rather last minute, I am pleased that you opted to stay with us and that you would return again in the future. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town? Share your experiences!