“Great value and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
From $109 w Breakfast!
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great value and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I got a room at this hotel by walking in, and got a great rate. The hotel is in a great location, right opposite the king street metro where you can get a train into DC and Regan National and you can get the free trolley down historic king street. The hotel is well appointed, but be warned that they are doing some renovations during the day, so if you need a quiet room during the day, make sure you ask.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you during your visit to Alexandria Virginia and hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at the hotel from June 16-20 and enjoyed it. The breakfast was excellent and lady who made omelets did a great job. Our room was clean and quiet (we were at end of a hallway). The pool is small as other reviewers have noted but it was still nice to use after sightseeing all day. We did not need a car. We took Amtrak from Charleston, SC to station outside hotel and used Metro for transportation. There is a Whole Foods market within walking distance that we sometimes got dinner at when we wanted to eat healthy. The Joe Theisman resturant was not good but Murphy's Irish Bar was good. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful when needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. How fortunate that our facility was able to offer you the conveniences you needed. I am pleased that you acknowledged our staff as being friendly and helpful. We do so value our guests and consistently wish for them to feel welcomed! Perhaps on your next visit you may wish to dine in our new atrium restaurant “Caprese”, and savor the Mediterranean cuisine provided? Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We are Hilton Honors Gold
At check in was rudely treated by agent
Given room with non working air conditioner
Went and was to maintenance would be up
He came and changed filter
Was finally given second room
Quiet room
Managers reception poorly run
Food not replenished
Breakfast the same
By 7am no regular coffee just decaf
No French toast
This daily occurrence
Pluses maids, bartenders and housekeeping manager on duty Maria who was shocked by how we were treated

• Stayed June 2012
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am concerned by the issues you raise and would greatly appreciate speaking with you. Due to the anonymous nature of these reviews I am unable to reach out to you. Might you consider calling me back at the hotel number? I am pleased that our staff was responsive to your plight, although baffled that the issues were not taken care of. I look forward to speaking with you. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
North Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

When we travel to Washingto DC, we always stay at the Embassy suites in Alexandria. It 's located across from the train station that goes into DC. It makes visiting all the sites in DC so easy .. At night the hotel has a free shuttle that takes guests down to the pier in Old Towne in for dinner and cute gift shoppes. There are many very good restaurants in the vicinity. Hotel has free breakfast and drinks inthe evening before dinner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do have a great location for anyone looking for convenience of ease traveling into DC (via metro) or visiting Historic Alexandria Old Town (short walk or free hotel shuttle). I am pleased that you were able to partake in our free full cooked to order breakfast and evening Manager’s reception. I look forward to your next visit. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived to this hotel on Monday, June 11th for a 4 night stay. The location is absolutely perfect for visiting Washington DC via the metro across the street and Alexandria King street via either the provided shuttle bus or the free trolly that runs from the metro station to the wharf. We entered our suite and found it to be an oven, which refused to be cooled by the available AC. We reported this to the main desk and an engineer came up and played with it for ahile to no avail. We were told thet they were booked and no other rooms were available, but were offered free wireless for the length of our stay. Two days later Victoria the, the sweetheart manning the manning the front desk,offered to move us again and as either it was getting a bit cooler or we were getting used to the heat we declined. She then said she would bill us at half the rate for our room. This was no small deal as the rooms here are pricey. We accepted and decided to extend our stay for 2 more days and she gave us the same rate. Victoria was the star of our trip so far. Even after working an extended very long shift she was still very cheerful and acomodating. The breakfast was a bit crowded at times but the food was excellent. If you take your breakfast before 8, there is usually no line. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast before 8 to avoid lines. The rooms in the front have better views but the rooms in the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is comforting to know that despite the issue you encountered with your room, that Victoria’s excellent customer service was able to remediate the situation. Once again proving, that, “our staff is our best asset!” Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to service you. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Having stayed in the property a few years ago we decided to stay here again for a one night family vacation stop. I cashed in 40k HHonors points for our stay.

Upon arrival we were told that the king room that was confirmed was not available. We do not do well trying to share double beds, so I got a little upset. It is unclear if my room was given away because I was using points or if it was just given away, but this was not a good way to start. When they informed me about the $24 parking charge, I suggested that comping this charge would be a good start toward making things right. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the staffer (Stephen) and went to park the car.

There are ample parking spaces, but these must be the smallest parking places (outside of Europe) I have seen. It took me a few minutes to find a place I could actually get into comfortably, but the distance between pillars and cars in very tight.

Shortly after getting to my room, I received a call informing me that parking would be free and that the 40k HHonors points would be refunded. This was more than I expected in the way of compensation.

The hotel is nice with wide open common areas and a great breakfast center area. It is not shaped quite the same way as many Embassy Suites, so the gift shop and some other doors were not as easy to find. In any event, the common interior is very nice.

Our room was also clean and well appointed. The bathroom had some wear that was a bit too obvious in the cabinets and grout. Two TV's and fridge are great for a family stay. Typically Emabssy Suites have worked very well for our family stays.

The hotel is very convenient to Old Town as we walked the full length of King St. and really enjoyed everything in between. It is also very close to the freeway, so its location offers the best of both worlds.

I was awakeded at 7:48am by loud power tools. This is not so early for a business morning, but too early for me for a family stay. This continued, so there was no more rest for the morning. The hotel is doing work in its central area, but it sounded like it was coming from the room next door. We got up, got moving and checked out. If I had known that loud construction would be going on early, I would have probably used the points for the nearby Hilton or Hampton

It is a shame, but given the room situation and the lack of peace and quiet, I can only rate our experience as average even though it was without cost. I will be quite tempted to give another Old Town hotel a try during my next visit in July.

Room Tip: Make sure construction is complete or you are located in a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing this review. Our hotel has been going through some significant changes and we are excited to showcase these enhancements to our guests. Construction undoubtedly produces some noise and for that reason, our hotel has diligently tried to schedule the work, at the best available time, in order to least impact our guests. The contracted construction company does not always abide by this. Should you choose to allow us the pleasure to service you again please permit me the opportunity to make your next reservation. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at the Embassy Suites last year during a business trip and decided to stay there again (during another business trip).

First, let me say, the hotel isn't a business hotel per se.

If you're looking for a quiet unobtrusive hotel that caters for the business traveller, you might be better off looking at the Hilton that is about two minutes walk away. On the other hand, if you're looking for a family hotel that isn't going to frown at the kids, provides great access to DC via the Metro, provides easy access to the restaurant precinct down King Street (with a great tram service), provides complementary evening drinks and snacks and provides a complementary breakfast all within your room rate, then the Embassy Suites at Alexandria Old Town is about perfect for you.

You can get into DC quite comfortably by the Metro in about 20 minutes or so.

Staff are great too - friendly and relatively informal which just suits the style of the hotel. Finally, rooms are huge with a tiny kitchen area. Again, perfect for families.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor if you can. The hotel has an open plan that can get quite noisy in peak...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We have such a varied clientele and appreciate them all. Our guests value the amenities we provide and return to our property for these services and our friendly employees. I am hoping your next business trip brings you back to Embassy Suites Alexandria. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town? Share your experiences!