“Secret Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 216 Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #3 of 7 Alexandria B&B and Inns
San Antonio, TX
“Secret Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

When planning an upcoming trip to the Washington DC. area, I already knew that 216 Bed and Breakfast would be my first choice for a place to stay, but thought that since I often go to Tripadvisor for recommendations, it would be fun to see what they had to say about my favorite place. I was stunned to see that it had no reviews. After thinking about that, I came to the conclusion that probably other guests just want to keep the merits of this little gem to themselves so they could be more assured of availability when they hope to stay there. Quite honestly, I was tempted to do the same, but then I realized that it would be a shame to not reward the efforts that owners Charles and Katherine Huettner have put in to making the stay of every guest the most comfortable and memorable ever. So, here I go.
Since I am the first to review this beautiful property, let me tell you that as a long-time B&B traveler this place is outstanding! 216 is actually one of two row houses (the Huettners live in the one next door) that have both been lovingly restored in every way. A three bedroom, 2 bath three-story building, it is conveniently located in the historic district of old town Alexandria. When you reserve 216, you get the entire lovely home--not just a bedroom and bath. It's just you and any other guests in your traveling party to enjoy the living room, dining room, kitchen, sitting room and amazing garden. The home is beautifully decorated in lovely period antiques and amazing art. Your hosts, Charles and Katherine are long-time Alexandria residents who are anxious to help and advise in any way to enhance your stay. They know all the ins and outs of the area and are available and eager to help.
Make your plans early because despite the efforts of others to keep this place a secret, the word has gotten out and they book up quickly.
Just sign me....Unselfish!

Room Tip: You have your choice of any of the three bedrooms. One has twin beds, one a queen and one a king. A...