“Absolutely delish with ambiance & atmosphere plenty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Virtue Feed and Grain

Virtue Feed and Grain
106 S. Union St., Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
571-970-3669
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Virtue Feed and Grain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King St.
Transit: King Street Metro
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Absolutely delish with ambiance & atmosphere plenty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

A huge fan of Restaurant Eve, I expected excellence at Virtue - and found it!
Chef Cathal Armstrong & Meshelle know how to imagine and execute an atmosphere and deliver dining decadence at all levels. A casual ambiance where rustic woods and angel wings frame large bars (both upstairs and downstairs) and the food, ahhh de-lish!
Union Street Spuds show that the Irish know their way around potatoes - thinly sliced red potatoes, enveloped in melted cheese, shredded pork and gravy. An excellent, and hearty appetizer. The blue corn nachos were just as grand and not a crumb was left by our group.
The beet salad looked excellent (gorgeous presentation) but take my advice and indulge in the lamb burger. Filling and fabulous - it was a favorite at our table. As was the chef's choice soup - a spicy andouille sausage soup that was perfect for a cold winter day.

• Visited December 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Location, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

A great location and the atmosphere is excellent too. Staff were also great. Four of us had lunch here recently and were a little disappointed with the food. I had the fish special - mackerel, and it was very much overcooked and dried out. Meal was not particularly warm when served. Also, I was surprised that they haven't come up with a decent Bloody Mary to serve with a Brunch/Lunch meal. I would most likely not go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ocoee, Florida
“Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Visited my son who thought I would like this place. The ambiance was very cool. I asked for a hot toddy as my drink (it was a bit cold for this southern girl) but the bartender really didn't know what that was. My son, being a restaurant manager, explained it to him and he got it after a try or two. The food not to bad but not amazing either - we just had appetizers though. The sliders we didn't care for but the crab dip was pretty tasty. The bartender seemed to be our server as well…he was a little distracted. If I visited again I would probably give it another try since the feel of the place was so nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rindge
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited Virtue today for lunch. The hostess was so helpful and professional seating me, making sure I had water, and explaining parts of the menu. The atmosphere is very comfy and homey. My table was so comfortable with a cushy bench seat and a view outside. My server Hilary was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and nice!! I ordered the catch of the day which was flounder. The bed of polenta was fabulous and the entrée was large but not overwhelming. My ONLY negative comment was that the fish was salty but good! I would definitely return to Virtue in the future!

Kalamazoo, MI
“Fun and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stopped in at this restaurant first for a glass of wine and liked it so much that we came back a day later for dinner. The place has a very nice feel, busy and fun. Our server, Tawfique, was very helpful and made several great suggestions. We especially enjoyed the Point Judith Calamari. Our dinners of Sockeye Salmon and Crispy Nori tuna were very good. Very good food, great service, and a fun atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013