“Amazing Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Virtue Feed and Grain

Virtue Feed and Grain
106 S. Union St., Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
571-970-3669
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Virtue Feed and Grain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 639 restaurants in Alexandria
Transit: King Street Metro
Dumfries, Virginia
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went there on a Saturday evening during restaurant week, very busy place, reservations a must. Atmosphere is cozy and inviting. The food was amazing. I'm a very picky eater so it was between the burger and the polish sausage for dinner...went with the polish sausage. I definitely look forward to going again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

65% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious food, will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I had a double date here last week. It was our first time here, our friends recommended it as this is one of their favorite restaurants. Their cocktails and food are unique and definitely worth trying. I had a Lemony Laurel which was great. For the food—which was so great, we couldn’t stop raving about it—we had the Alsatian Style Onion Tart with bacon & munster cheese (so yummy, bacon makes everything taste better!), the Roasted Bone Marrow (the guys enjoyed it), the Society Fair Bread Basket (it was ok, you can skip this) for appetizers; I had the Duck Leg confit which instantly became one of my favorites, my husband had the Braised Lamb shoulder which he enjoyed.

We definitely enjoyed the food, and the dining experience and would go back here. The next time I go back, I want to try the Polish sausage dish because that looked amazing. Like I mentioned earlier, the food is very unique so if you’re willing to try different foods then go for it. Also, the portions sizes are decent. I saved half of my entree and had it for lunch the next day.

The only reason I didn’t give this a higher rating is because our server wasn’t up to par. She poured regular water into our glasses that had sparkling water and just seemed a little out of it. Other than that, highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to going back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As a local, this is one of my favorite restaurants! The food has always been delicious and any time we have had issues, the management has gone above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction. One example - a few months ago we were there and ordered the mussels & we noticed that a good dozen or more were empty shells & no "loose mussels" floating around in the (delicious) juice. I had jokingly said something to the server and in just a couple of minutes the manager brought us over an entire new bowl of mussels... we actually felt bad, but very much appreciated this level of service.

I also love the ambiance and vibe of this restaurant! Its casual upscale w/ a rustic feel. I particularly like the "swings" upstairs, especially in the nice weather when they open up the large windows.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Fun place, awesome location and delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was such a great place. The design is very cool, the staff is very nice and the food was to die for. I normally do not appreciate when restaurants charge for bread ($3) but the bread here was well worth it. It tasted home made. It was SO good. The braised lamb was a very generous portion with great flavor. The red snapper was great but I would have added a sauce on the side for extra flavor. The "adult" hot chocolate was yummy and strong ;-) But the nutella pie dessert was to die for. Best meal I've had in a while.

Oh, they do not accept opentable reservations but you can call them directly for res.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Virtue is a great spot for upscale pub fare and unique drinks. The green apple martini was delicious. (Perhaps too delicious and drinkable!) I've enjoyed the oysters on the half shell, strip loin (a tad salty), roasted chicken, and ploughman's lunch. The Pope's sandwich and quiche were also favorites, but neither were on the menu during my last visit. It's definitely got cool atmosphere as an old grain warehouse, but the bar crowd can be a little uptight and won't let folks edge towards the bar on a busy night. If you play your cards right you can catch one of the pool tables open. The upstairs also looks perfect for a large group or dinner party.

Visited December 2012