You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Roanoke, Virginia
“Close to Metro & Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was in town for a convention, and this hotel turned out to be very convenient to the Metro. The morning coffee is always good, and I usually see smiles at the front desk. Israel and Rebecca were nice. The rooms are more modern than some of the other Extended Stay hotels I've visited, which is probably why the rate was a little bit higher. Still, I felt like this was a good bargain overall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JP_Traveld00d
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you so much for posting such kind comments about our staff and our hotel. We are glad that Israel and Rebecca provided you with friendly service. We are pleased we were able to provide you with a clean, affordable stay near the Metro.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, should your travels bring you back to this area.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Customer Service Sucked, On the way there from NC we called to confirm Beds. Which we booked through Hotwire, and we asked for Double Beds. While talking to the lady she told us we could only get One Queen booking through Hotwire and if we wanted Double Beds we would have to pay more, and we couldn't even switch rooms because they were fully booked. Arrived about 1:30 and told us we couldn't check in because room wasn't ready with a nasty attitude, If she would've said in a friendly voice it would've been accepted because we know check in is at 3:00pm. I also think that the hotel is the location of out of state construction workers are staying.

The room was clean that was a plus and the bed was comfortable. If I was staying longer would've utilized the kitchen. Location is great, lots of things to do within a mile.. Movie theater, bowling and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank doris915
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that you found our location to be convenient; however, we are disappointed to hear that we could not accommodate your room request or early check-in request. Please accept our apologies. We will be working with our staff to ensure we are always providing our guests with superior service.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will contact us directly, at alx@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Staff is not helpful at all. Bathroom was filthy. Toilet was broken. Sleep sofa mattress had weird stains on it and not enough sheets to make it properly. Would rather sleep in my car than spend $115 to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank aprylshowers1980
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure all of our rooms are cleaned properly and that everything is in working order.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at alx@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there midweek due to a hospital appointment. Clean, quiet nice choice of places to eat around the area. Bed was a little firm for my taste. Room was modern and air worked well. Admit I did feel a little creeped out in the dark parking lot alone at night when parking out car.

Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, July 18, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for sharing your kind comments about our hotel. I am so pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet, modern room. We appreciate you letting us know about the the parking lot light. Your feedback will be helpful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at this place numerous times. After a few times reserving my room, they remembered me. It was like calling my friend for a place to stay. As soon as i told them my name, they knew what I wanted. Rooms were kept very clean, the hallways and lobby were also kept clean and the staff, Top Notch

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dean p
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dean - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so happy to learn that my staff remembered you; each and every guest is special to us. It may be our job to keep the hotel clean, but it is our pleasure to make sure you are comfortable and feel at home while you are away from your real home.

Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed two nights. Clean, friendly but when trying to do laundry (son was at football camp and had to wash every night) was told they do not have quarters. Why offer the amenity then not have enough change. Also had to purchase detergent from desk. The first night the woman charged me $1.00. The next night the gentleman tried to charge $1.50?????

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry that we ran out of change for the laundry. Please know that this is a rare occurrence and we will work to prevent this from happening in the future. Additionally I will review the price of laundry supplies with the staff.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I invite you to contact me, at alx@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for two nights as a family of 4. The room had a nice amount of space. Since our stay was on the short side we didn't cook any meals but it was nice to have the fridge and microwave as we used it for some leftovers to keep cold and reheat later. All the staff we interacted with were wonderful. Sarah was especially welcoming and pleasant. When we arrived check in went smoothly.

Just a few things would have made me rank it as Excellent as opposed to Very Good. The room had a bit of an odor to it, I think a previous resident cooked Indian (or similar) food in it several times. Perhaps the odor was from something else, but whatever it was, there was an odor. We got used to it after 15-20 min in the room and wouldn't smell it anymore unless we left the room and returned so it wasn't a big enough deal to ask for a different room.
The walls are a bit thin. It was really easy to hear people in the hallway and that was rather annoying during the late night hours when some of the guests were coming and going.
Juice at the breakfast bar would be a nice addition. There was good coffee, cocoa, and a nice selection of muffins, granola bars and oatmeal, but juice would have made it excellent.

I would definitely stay here again with my family if we were to visit the DC area again. The price is reasonable and the wonderful staff easily make up for the small negatives I listed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I would like to apologize for the odors in your room. I will meet with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again!