“What a wonderful place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“What a wonderful place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

After a long hot summer day spent visiting the sights of DC, what a wonderful place this hotel is, to come home to, as if coming home. The service is just fantastic; the manager, Nasir, then Asad, and all the other staff ... everyone has a welcome smile and strive to make one feel at home. Oh yes, the Extended Stay America, Eisenhower Ave is MY place to come home to, every time I come to this part of the country, which is almost every month for work. GREAT JOB GUYS!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our associates.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The front desk person, Asad, was very welcoming! Always very kind and considerate when explaining things to me. Also, Solomon the housekeeper was very friendly and helpful. The service was outstanding, unlike any other. I greatly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Ling - Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your stay. I am so glad to hear that Asad and Solomon made you feel welcome. On behalf of all our staff, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Though we reserved a non-smoking room and arrived within 2 hours of booking, the only room available was a smoking room. The halls were dimly lit with not so clean carpet. The room had dirty counters in both the bathroom and kitchen area. Overall, it served its purpose for one night after being evacuated from a resort at National Harbor. Not a place I would book intentionally.

• Stayed July 2013
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that our hotel and rooms were not to your satisfaction. Please accept our apology. Your comments were reviewed by the housekeeping staff and the management team and together they will ensure cleanliness of the hotel. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at alx@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: Modern Look, Looks Clean & Smells Clean, Welcoming Front Desk, Easy To Get Quarters for Laundry Room, Close to Park & Bike Trails, Close to Old Town Shops, Impressive Lounge Area.

Cons: Long Hallways. Morning Front Desk People Seem Super Busy Helping Everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so glad that enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've traveled across this country and stayed in hotels and resorts of all calibers. This Extended Stay America is a great location for the business or personal traveler to kick back and call home while staying in the DC Metro area. The staff was friendly and attentive, the room clean and comfortable, and its proximity to the Eisenhower Metro station a great asset. Special thanks to the location's manager, whose extraordinary attention to my needs as a guest is more than commendable. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everything in the area was sold out so I settled for this ES. Although it has been recently renovated, it feels more like a "motel" than a hotel. People were meandering about the grounds speaking loudly on their cells and the cooking fumes were overwhelming. When guests finally decided to close their propped-open doors, they slam shockingly loud.

The blanket under the cheap scratchy bedspread was covered with human and animal hair. When I pulled that back I discovered that the sheets had not been changed from the previous guests' stay! They were wrinkled with a blood stain and all foot-traffic dirt on them. I couldn't believe that the HK thought someone wouldn't notice. Really?

The front desk clerk returned from a whispering session with the non-visible manager in the office and offered to have the already overworked (8pm) HK change the bedding and she gave me a $20 refund.

Couldn't get out fast enough the next morning!

Room Tip: Check your bed before you unpack!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The dirty sheets you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and to uphold our company's high standards, we will re-train our staff to ensure this experience is never repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at alx@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I like to road trip. Last year, we stayed as close to downtown as possible. This year we are staying out and taking metros. Perfect! This hotel for that need. We got it on Priceline for super cheap. The front desk was really helpful with helping us transport to DC. The lot on Eisenhower is $7 for all day parking and free after 4pm. The metro system for those not familiar with it is very easy to figure out! My only complaints were the fire alarm went off at 1am and we had to leave the hotel for 15 minutes. However, this was at no fault of the hotel. Second, this was the worst continental breakfast ever. The choices were fruit, pre packaged muffins and some granola bars. Come on now!

• Stayed June 2013
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that our "Grab & Go" breakfast was not to your liking - for this I do apologize. Because we have a well equipped kitchen in every room we have found that most of our guests actually prefer something quick on the go and that's the reason for our limited breakfast food selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#22 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.