“Great location without staying in DC!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Great location without staying in DC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I like to road trip. Last year, we stayed as close to downtown as possible. This year we are staying out and taking metros. Perfect! This hotel for that need. We got it on Priceline for super cheap. The front desk was really helpful with helping us transport to DC. The lot on Eisenhower is $7 for all day parking and free after 4pm. The metro system for those not familiar with it is very easy to figure out! My only complaints were the fire alarm went off at 1am and we had to leave the hotel for 15 minutes. However, this was at no fault of the hotel. Second, this was the worst continental breakfast ever. The choices were fruit, pre packaged muffins and some granola bars. Come on now!

• Stayed June 2013
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that our "Grab & Go" breakfast was not to your liking - for this I do apologize. Because we have a well equipped kitchen in every room we have found that most of our guests actually prefer something quick on the go and that's the reason for our limited breakfast food selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oviedo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had reserved a room with two beds, the room they gave us had only one queen sized bed for two adults and a 9-year-old child. Asked for a change, told that they were booked (I'm sure they were, it was Memorial Day weekend in D.C.), so one of the adults slept on the floor each of the two nights. Room and hallways smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Room was dark even with all the lights on. The free continental breakfast had few choices, all of them unpleasant. The property is in what looks like a big empty industrial or office park, nowhere to walk to, no place to sit outside. There is a "lounge" room, but the weekend we were there a big extended family took it over day and night, so there was no escape from the dark tiny room. Terrible impression of this chain, will never choose it again. Only good things to say are that one of the front desk clerks was friendly and helpful, and the outside was well kept.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My dog and I stayed here for 2 nights and were very comfortable. The room was clean and in working order. Property was clean and quiet. Easy access off 95/495. Front desk personnel were very nice and attentive. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed. Nothing for kids to do. TV selection is very poor.very difficult to get towels. The maids are very rude, asked for a towel and was told no you have to go to front desk.very very poor service.

• Stayed May 2013
Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a trip while house hunting over a weekend.

First problem, we were supposed to get a room that had 2 beds....we only got one. While my husband was downstairs trying to sort things out I had my boys (ages 6 and 12) sit in the chairs, as to not mess up the beds, and watch some tv...remote control didn't work...my guess, the batteries were just dead because we were able to turn it on manually...no biggie.

Second, since there is a kitchenette in the room I decided to rinse out my water bottle and refill it since there was a water filtration system on the faucet. The filter indicator was red and needed to be replaced....it happens.

Hubby comes back up and we go from 3rd floor (oh forgot to mention the awful smell of cigarette smoke) down to the 2nd. We finally got a two bed room and begin to settle in. Of course, one of the first things to happen....the tv needs to go on.

Again, the remote isn't working!

Next, we noticed that the toilet is running. After a look at it and a little messing around with it, trying to get it to stop....it doesn't. Problem....running toilet.

By now, it's nearly midnight and we put the boys to bed. I am still thirsty since I didn't get the filtered water from the other room so I go to get that. Wouldn't you know it....the filter in this room also needs to be replaced!

Problem ANOTHER bad water filter.

By now, I'm just laughing because it's late, I'm exhausted and I can't believe my luck so I decide I just need to turn in for the night. I wash up for bed then go to plug in my cell phone. I had already plugged in my cord in to the wall so all I had to do was fish the cord out from under the bed. When I go to grad it I noticed it was kind of heavy and though, hmmm, that's odd for such a light wire, so I look under the bed to investigate. Oh my goodness...

Problem SEVERAL (full size) alcohol bottles, and shoes left under the bed!!!

I was astonished! I guess housekeeping didn't look under the beds in this room. WOW. My husband called down to the front desk to address everything I just wrote about and all we got was a long awkward silence then, "we don't have any replacement filters". Really?!

Since we had already paid for the 3 nights upfront and we already knew we were not going to be in the room very much (which we were not at all) we decided to make the best of a bad situation and hopefully housekeeping would come in one of the 3 days we were there and would fix the issues but they never came in....not ever once!

Needless to say we will NOT be recommending this hotel or chain of hotels for that matter to anyone. Obviously, we will never stay in one ourselves either.

The only good things I have to say about this hotel is the person working at the front desk was polite and the landscaping was clean.....that's about it.

Room Tip: Higher floors smell of cigarette smoke...horribly!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GULFPORT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm one month in, on a two month stay. I have been very impressed with the professionalism of the staff. The manager, Nasir, is always available and willing to help. The front desk personnel (Yesica ,Josephine) also are very friendly and helpful with instructions and details about the local area. The hotel rooms were very spacious, comfortable, and clean. Rooms are cleaned once a week very well and towels are available at the front desk for exchange during the week. The grounds are well maintained with plenty of safe parking available. The location is great, with the interstate being easily accessed in both directions, and just minutes away from Old Town were you can find plenty restaurants,shopping, and a movie theater. I spend alot of time on the road and stay in alot of hotels through out the year, this has been one of my better experiences. I highly recommend this hotel. you want be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: If staying for awhile request a king room they're more spacious and have a pull-out sofa.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Frostburg, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on vacation. The location of the hotel is right off the interstate and a few minute drive to Old Town Alexandria and the Metro Station. Check in was wonderful. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was very good. The price paid for a studio suite (1 Queen N/S) was a great deal on Priceline. It seemed like a 3 to 3.5 star hotel, compared to the actual 2 star rating. The room was clean. The bed was perfect for me and my fiancee. The kitchenette was nice and stocked with whatever you needed to cook food with. The only issue was that there was a small leak on the base of the toilet where it connects to the floor. This didn't bother me at all though. There was no housekeeping service, but I don't like housekeeping going into the room during my stay anyway, so that was perfect. The front desk staff even printed out a coupon for me for a free popcorn at the movies since there was not a business center there. Overall, I give my stay a 9.5/10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#22 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.