“Very friendly front desk staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Frostburg, Maryland, United States
“Very friendly front desk staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on vacation. The location of the hotel is right off the interstate and a few minute drive to Old Town Alexandria and the Metro Station. Check in was wonderful. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was very good. The price paid for a studio suite (1 Queen N/S) was a great deal on Priceline. It seemed like a 3 to 3.5 star hotel, compared to the actual 2 star rating. The room was clean. The bed was perfect for me and my fiancee. The kitchenette was nice and stocked with whatever you needed to cook food with. The only issue was that there was a small leak on the base of the toilet where it connects to the floor. This didn't bother me at all though. There was no housekeeping service, but I don't like housekeeping going into the room during my stay anyway, so that was perfect. The front desk staff even printed out a coupon for me for a free popcorn at the movies since there was not a business center there. Overall, I give my stay a 9.5/10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk closes at 11pm. Phone outside front door was missing, but luckily we were let in by someone passing by in the lobby. Side entrance doors did not unlock from the outside with the door key. Corridor on 2nd floor smelled of cigarette smoke even though we were on a non-smoking floor. Advertised "breakfast" is a joke - coffee was finished at 8am with no replacement atleast until 8:30am which was the time we left. Staff was apologetic and tried to assist, but can see there is no maintenance. Will stay elsewhere when travelling for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. While we are a limited service hotel there's no excuse for the breakfast not getting replenished or the phone or the side doors not working. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To prevent this from happening again, we will re-train our staff. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a good time in Hotel. Friendly and clean. Only drawback was that the request for 2 queen beds or extra bedding was denied. Son has to sleep on floor. Otherwise Hotel was very accessible and in a good location. Staff was friendly. However No breakfast at all. So dont go if you bang on having a continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. While we do not have a continental breakfast we do have a "grab-and-go" breakfast that is served in the lobby area from 6am - 9am. I'm so sorry that you were not informed of this. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I frequently stay in Alexandria, Virginia and have had mostly great experiences with hotels in the area. This hotel however has been a severe disappointment. When I walked in they tried to overcharge me from the rate I booked. When I noticed this, they corrected the charge, and said that they had given me a free upgrade but had failed to correct the price. When I got to the room, I noticed that the free "upgrade" was to a larger room, but a smoking room. I had requested a non-smoking room since I have asthma. When I went back and requested a new room they were unable to accommodate me with a new room and offered to spritz some air freshener. No discount was offered. I will definitely not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we could not move you to a non smoking room due to the fact that we were sold out by that room type. Please accept my apology. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at alx@extendedstay.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

everything is good,except the location.a little far from the down town. if you drive,it is a pretty good choice, if you travel by bus or subway, not good.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Göttingen, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed our one week stay in March 2013 at ESA, Washington, DC, Eisenhower Ave. very much. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. We are delighted to come back. The location is very convenient and close to a Metro station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad that we could serve you on your recent trip to the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. It was a pleasure meeting you. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Checking was easy as it should be. The gentlemen was very pleasant and helpful. Gave us great advise and really cared that we were informed of what we needed to know. The free breakfast was very small and simple but was appreciated. Thinking about it, it made us get out faster that sitting around eating. The room was large enough and well furnished. Having a partial kitchen was very helpful. Amp full parking and checking out was just as easy. I would go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms only had one bed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. It was a pleasure hosting you. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you will be back to see us very soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel
Homestead Washington Dc
Homestead Washington Dc Alexandria
Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#14 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.