“Tried to overcharge an asthmatic for a smoking room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Tried to overcharge an asthmatic for a smoking room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I frequently stay in Alexandria, Virginia and have had mostly great experiences with hotels in the area. This hotel however has been a severe disappointment. When I walked in they tried to overcharge me from the rate I booked. When I noticed this, they corrected the charge, and said that they had given me a free upgrade but had failed to correct the price. When I got to the room, I noticed that the free "upgrade" was to a larger room, but a smoking room. I had requested a non-smoking room since I have asthma. When I went back and requested a new room they were unable to accommodate me with a new room and offered to spritz some air freshener. No discount was offered. I will definitely not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we could not move you to a non smoking room due to the fact that we were sold out by that room type. Please accept my apology. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at alx@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

everything is good,except the location.a little far from the down town. if you drive,it is a pretty good choice, if you travel by bus or subway, not good.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Göttingen, Niedersachsen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed our one week stay in March 2013 at ESA, Washington, DC, Eisenhower Ave. very much. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. We are delighted to come back. The location is very convenient and close to a Metro station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad that we could serve you on your recent trip to the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. It was a pleasure meeting you. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Checking was easy as it should be. The gentlemen was very pleasant and helpful. Gave us great advise and really cared that we were informed of what we needed to know. The free breakfast was very small and simple but was appreciated. Thinking about it, it made us get out faster that sitting around eating. The room was large enough and well furnished. Having a partial kitchen was very helpful. Amp full parking and checking out was just as easy. I would go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms only had one bed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. It was a pleasure hosting you. Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope you will be back to see us very soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is an excellent place to stay, esp. For long term business or pleasure. The hotel has been totally remodeled I and provides a clean, comfortable place to stay whether it is for a business trip, or the '' non-cherry '' blossom festival this year.... This is not an upscale amenity driven hotel as many are in this area, but the price will reflect it. It does include all your basic needs such as a very comfortable bed, Wi - Fi , flat screen cable TV, grab and go breakfast and in a quiet neighborhood with close proximity to the City of DC, Downtow Alexandria, many restaurants, upscale shopping, The Pentagon and too much more to list....
But what sets this hotel apart from others is the awesome customer service. With extensive travel experience to go by,
Nasir the hotel manager is one of the best and most personable hotel managers I have ever seen! He is always out and about, making himself available to his guests needs. He and his staff especially Veronica make themselves available to the guests and let themselves be seen... They do not hide in a backroom all day letting others do their jobs. Any problem or question was promptly handled with a smile during my 2.5 month stay here. All the staff deserves a mention for good customer service, and seeing some new ones I hope Nasir will be able to train them his way of customer service. Service means a lot when utilizing a venue long term, sometimes more than price, and for my next trip I shall be staying at this hotel for my stay.

Room Tip: Most of the third floor is for smoking. If you do not smoke, try to get a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so glad to have met you and so pleased that you choose to stay with us when there are so may options. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again after the hustle and bustle of the cherry blossom festival is over. Thank you!
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Inauguration 2013 and I must say....i LOVED it. The staff were very helpful and the manager was especially accommodating and friendly. The staff was particularly helpful with any issues I had. I will DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of our property. It is a pleasure to know that we were able to provide you with what you needed during your brief stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent accommodations, perfect for one night or one week. Practical contemporary styling with up to date appliances and fixtures set this chain apart from the typical extended stay riff-raff.
Outstanding location! Easy access from/to I-95. 5 min to DC Metro station by car or bus($1.50 fare, bus stop 50 yards from hotel).
An all around fantastic value!

• Stayed March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. We too love the convenience of being so close to the Eisenhower Metro Station. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#22 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.