“Solid hotel - helpful front-desk staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Solid hotel - helpful front-desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently, after having stayed here once a few years back, and it’s had a major facelift. Rooms have much more modern décor, and the customer service skills of front desk staff are much improved. My favorite “functional” update is the additional storage space in the bathroom, which is useful for a long-term visit.

The hotel has a pretty good location for a place in the burbs, as Old Town Alexandria and the Eisenhower Ave metro station are about a mile down the street.

One pet peeve about this chain of hotels: I dislike having to turn in old towels to get new towels. However, at this particular hotel, they've always had towels for me.

Overall, this is a decent hotel for the star level, and the front desk people seem genuinely more friendly than many of the pricier places I’ve stayed in the past year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that our new decor is to your liking. Our guests are our number one priority and it pleases me to hear that your recent experience reflects that creed. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel and were treated nicely. The hotel was clean and the environment was very friendly. The manager and the staff were excellent. This was a great place to stay for the presidential event. We had access to the metro. Everything was wonderful. I look forward to spending time at the hotel in the future. Thanks, You guys rock!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you and a privilege hosting you during the inauguration event. We look forward to hosting you again when you are back in the area. Have you considered taking a trip out here for the 2013 Cherry Blossom Festival? I would love to invite you back to this area to witness this beautiful season with us. Please come back and see us soon.
Rennes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is one of my favorite in the area. I like the location, near old Alexandria and not too far from DC. As I usually stay more than one week, I appreciate the different accomodations, in particular the laundery room and free wifi. The grab-to-go breakfast is very convinient
The staff is very helpfui, especially Veronica.
I'll come again !

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. I'm glad that our hotel is one of your favorites in the area and that Veronica was here to take care of your needs - she is a rising star in our company. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My stay at Extended Stay - Eisenhower has met and exceeded my expectations. The rooms are spacious, clean, and includes new furniture, flooring, and a flat screen television with cable. The staff and management are keen on making the customers stay comfortable. I have stayed here two weeks and will be staying until the end of the month. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Metro is easily accessible via dash bus which stops right in front of the hotel. Call the hotel for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm so pleased to welcome you to the area and to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations. Attending to our guest's needs is our number one priority. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was clean. While you could see the whole room when you walked in the door, the layout made it feel roomy. Nightly cost included free wi-fi and continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was conveniently located near a Metro stop (about a 15-20 minute walk) that allowed me to easily get to and from DC during Inauguration week. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. It was a privilege to host you during the inauguration. Our dedication to our guests is our number one priority. We hope you will choose one of our 700+ hotels all across the USA next time you are in need to accommodation. Looking forward to seeing you again here at Extended Stay America - Eisenhower the next time you are in DC.
Jacksonville Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here over inauguration weekend. The location is handy to the Metro, about a twenty minute walk or a $5 cab ride. Rooms are well sized. Mine had a kitchenette, seating/sleeping area and good bathroom facilities. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The kitchenette really came in handy. There are a number of restaurants near the Metro. I had breakfast at Yves Bistro a couple of mornings and really enjoyed it. The service was very good. Nasir is a very personable young man and he made me feel welcome. I would stay here again because of the location and the reasonable price.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room on the parking lot side and had to keep my drapes closed for privacy. A be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, January 24, 2013
It was both a pleasure and an honor to host you over the inauguration weekend. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves in creating memorable experience for our guests so it brings me great joy to learn that Nasir has been able to create a welcoming and comfortable environment, like a home away from home for you on your brief trip to the D.C. area. We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel on your next trip. Maybe during the National Cherry Blossom Festival?
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel off and on for the past few months whenever I'm working in the Alexandria area. The staff is extremely helpful & they take the time to get to know you. Yesica, Josephine & Veronica are amazing and always able to assist. When I needed to extend my stay longer than I planned & at the last minute Nasir helped me get accomodations within my budget. I was so grateful not to have to move all my belongings & try to find another place to stay. I also love that I can take the bus to work and to many other places for cheap & that the area's safe and quiet. I've settled comfortably into this hotel as my home away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. It is always a pleasure to see your smiling face. Thank you for the glowing review of the hotel and for recognizing our staff. I'm so glad that we could provide you with what you needed while away from home. We value each and every guest and your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us to tell us what you desire to make your stay with us even more memorable. Thank you for the loyalty.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#14 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.