Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was so pleased to find that this hotel is located only 1 mile from the Eisenhower metro. Furthermore, its just a simple 15 minute drive to DC! I'm new to the area, so this was a very key point for me. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, Yesica is always smiling and Josephine eager to see if I needed anything. These 2 young ladies deserve a raise. Another guy (that I can't remember the name of) was also very polite and always seemed to be busy at work.
I'm told that it was just recently renovated, and it shows as the property's nice and clean. Though they should probably invest in contemporary furniture. You will get the basics and no frills. There was also always a friendly face to help whenever I needed it. I got a great weekly rate and it was just what I needed while I waited for my apartment to be ready for my move in.
My only complaint is that the trash room is so far, I had to walk down all the way to the end of the hall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Eisenhower. It was a pleasure to read your feedback - I have passed along your kind words to both Josephine & Yesica. Our staff takes great pride is creating a memorable experience for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal brings us great joy.We look forward to hosting you once again.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A great place to stay ,esp, long-term if you are relocating to the area.... It is very convient to not only Alexandria, Arlington, and the city of DC, but also convienant if you need to go south as well... There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel and a metro stop Very close by... With All the shopping, grocery, large box stores, pet stores, resturants all with a mile or 2... VERY convientant.... And this is the cleanest, most well taken care of extended stay Hotel I have ever stayed in.... Nasir is the new manger and he is always cleaning something on a daily basis... Vilma is Great as the wonderful lady who cleans our room every week,with Maria as her back up and the front desk is very well maintained by Veronica, Joshephine, Yessica, and Elsa, while New maintance man Rustan has whipped any problems into shape... All other employees deserve a mention also... Nasir is a wonderful hotel manager and has made myself, my husband and our 4 legged baby feel at home every day.... I would highly recomment this hotel when looking for a place to call home when you are on buiness, pleasure, or traveling thru... Or like us... in the middle of relocating to a different part of the state or country..... Nasir will take care of any concerns you have with a smile and concern and urgency... The hotel is very lucky to have an entire staff such as him and his employees..... Thanks to all who have gone out of their way to make us feel at home.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your Wonderful Review.. We could not be more happy your stay with us was enjoyable. All the associates were so excited to see your review and makes all the hard work worthwhile. Thank you and we hope you stay with us again
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead for about three weeks in October-November 2012. That was my fourth time staying there in the last year. I find the hotel to be comfortable and the staff, especially the manager and reception staff, to be friendly and helpful. Nasir was extremely helpful with a problem I encountered and met with me personally to resolve the situation. For me, the Homestead was, and still is, the perfect place to stay to avoid renting an apartment (suite) and having to deal with leases and turning on electric, water, wifi, etc. I look forward to staying there again in April next year.

Mike N.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind posting. Nasir and all of the associates are very happy to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in April.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel was quiet (although the fridge was slightly noisy) and I slept well. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and with plenty of space. There was also a kitchenette, which is useful if you want to prepare food. The location was close to the metro and not far from Alexandria old town which is very pleasant place to visit. I had previously stayed at the Radisson which is listed as a 3 star and Extended Stay America was just as good with a better location and a better price. Yessica was on reception during my stay and she was very helpful and pleasant and I enjoyed chatting with her. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Washington.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. Yessica is wonderful and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I enjoyed my extended business stay at this hotel. The manager Nasir Ahmed and his support staff, especially the girls, Josephine, Yessica and Veronica were very helpful and accommodating to my needs. The hotel is walking distance to the Eishenhower metro, which takes you to Regan National Airport, or Washington DC in a few minutes. The DASH bus also stops right in front of the property. There are jogging and bike trails right outside the hotel along Cameron Creek, and Cameron Run Park is a few minutes down the road.

Room Tip: Call the hotel for their current rates.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about the staff and accommodations. All of us enjoyed reading and sharing your posting and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Spend the extra money for the Holiday Inn or Marriott up the road. So many reasons not to stay here but if you do here are a few things to know: bring shampoo because they don't have it in the rooms and won't give it to you. The woman who checked me in was cold, didn't welcome me and shouldn't be in the service industry. The TV in my room was fuzzy on every channel (and there are less than 40). Unsure which kept me awake longer because of how loud it was the refrigerator or AC. Beds are terribly uncomfortable: hard and the linens are cheap and unclean. The room overall was not even close to clean and the shower is full of mold (if this was a restaurant the health dept would close it down).

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse at some point they shove a letter under my door that says the water will be turned off at 9am. At 7am there was this horrible noise coming from the bathroom which lasted an hour. I have never wanted to check out of a hotel quicker. Dont stay here, you will regret it. And you will start the process of what i will do next... trying to get a refund!

• Stayed October 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. We have checked the Television Reception and it has been corrected, The plumbing issues that made the noise you referred to is in the process of being repaired. As for the cleanliness and service issues we well keep striving to improve in all areas.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

While recently relocated to this area, "Homestead/Extended Stay America" has been our home away from home. The complete staff; (Dexter, Veronica, Yessica & Josephine), in addition to everyone in housekeeping, including maintenance, are all quite personable, and have been very accommodating. This facility is equipped with numerous operable amenities. It is clean and well maintained, in addition to it's great central location.

And last, I would like to acknowledge the outstanding management and customer service, with credit due to Dexter and Veronica. They are also very friendly yet very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you for the exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. Veronica was so happy to hear your comments she read them out loud to the entire staff. We strive to give the greatest service possible and reading reviews like your makes the entire staff jump for joy.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#16 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.