Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Homestead Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead for about three weeks in October-November 2012. That was my fourth time staying there in the last year. I find the hotel to be comfortable and the staff, especially the manager and reception staff, to be friendly and helpful. Nasir was extremely helpful with a problem I encountered and met with me personally to resolve the situation. For me, the Homestead was, and still is, the perfect place to stay to avoid renting an apartment (suite) and having to deal with leases and turning on electric, water, wifi, etc. I look forward to staying there again in April next year.

Mike N.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind posting. Nasir and all of the associates are very happy to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in April.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel was quiet (although the fridge was slightly noisy) and I slept well. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and with plenty of space. There was also a kitchenette, which is useful if you want to prepare food. The location was close to the metro and not far from Alexandria old town which is very pleasant place to visit. I had previously stayed at the Radisson which is listed as a 3 star and Extended Stay America was just as good with a better location and a better price. Yessica was on reception during my stay and she was very helpful and pleasant and I enjoyed chatting with her. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Washington.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of our hotel. Yessica is wonderful and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I enjoyed my extended business stay at this hotel. The manager Nasir Ahmed and his support staff, especially the girls, Josephine, Yessica and Veronica were very helpful and accommodating to my needs. The hotel is walking distance to the Eishenhower metro, which takes you to Regan National Airport, or Washington DC in a few minutes. The DASH bus also stops right in front of the property. There are jogging and bike trails right outside the hotel along Cameron Creek, and Cameron Run Park is a few minutes down the road.

Room Tip: Call the hotel for their current rates.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about the staff and accommodations. All of us enjoyed reading and sharing your posting and hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Spend the extra money for the Holiday Inn or Marriott up the road. So many reasons not to stay here but if you do here are a few things to know: bring shampoo because they don't have it in the rooms and won't give it to you. The woman who checked me in was cold, didn't welcome me and shouldn't be in the service industry. The TV in my room was fuzzy on every channel (and there are less than 40). Unsure which kept me awake longer because of how loud it was the refrigerator or AC. Beds are terribly uncomfortable: hard and the linens are cheap and unclean. The room overall was not even close to clean and the shower is full of mold (if this was a restaurant the health dept would close it down).

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse at some point they shove a letter under my door that says the water will be turned off at 9am. At 7am there was this horrible noise coming from the bathroom which lasted an hour. I have never wanted to check out of a hotel quicker. Dont stay here, you will regret it. And you will start the process of what i will do next... trying to get a refund!

• Stayed October 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. We have checked the Television Reception and it has been corrected, The plumbing issues that made the noise you referred to is in the process of being repaired. As for the cleanliness and service issues we well keep striving to improve in all areas.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

While recently relocated to this area, "Homestead/Extended Stay America" has been our home away from home. The complete staff; (Dexter, Veronica, Yessica & Josephine), in addition to everyone in housekeeping, including maintenance, are all quite personable, and have been very accommodating. This facility is equipped with numerous operable amenities. It is clean and well maintained, in addition to it's great central location.

And last, I would like to acknowledge the outstanding management and customer service, with credit due to Dexter and Veronica. They are also very friendly yet very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you for the exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. Veronica was so happy to hear your comments she read them out loud to the entire staff. We strive to give the greatest service possible and reading reviews like your makes the entire staff jump for joy.

Cayuga, ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This property has just been renovated and it is lovely. However, the rooms are not cleaned well. A bit of cleaning product and elbow grease will go far. I had to clean the kitchen areas before we used anything in there...this included washing the dishes. We had two different rooms and found the same in both rooms. The mirrors were smeared, the sinks had obviously just been wiped with a cloth - no cleaning product was used, and no scrubbing. The cabinets were not wiped inside or out - a layer of dust covered all. In teh area under the kitchen sink had a lot of dirt - although the garbage was changed the cupboard was never cleaned out. In the bureau drawers there was dust, hair and lint. It is very unfortunate, because the rooms were really nice. The staff was very helpful,but I would suggest that management either invest more money into cleaning products, more cleaning staff and/or training of cleaning staff - supervision of the work done. all of the money spent on renovations will be lost if the property is not taken care of.

Room Tip: if you are there for a few days, ask for a room with a king bed and couch. Much more room for 2 and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love staying at Homestead because its hard to find employees that treats you very good. Thank you very much Veronica, Josephine, and Dexter . My husband David and I loved the way you guys treated us and enjoy our stay. Also I loved the way the rooms are recently renovated and the grab and go breakfast is awesome. Keep the great job you guys are doing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.