“Inexpensive... But you will regret it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Minneapolis, MN
“Inexpensive... But you will regret it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Spend the extra money for the Holiday Inn or Marriott up the road. So many reasons not to stay here but if you do here are a few things to know: bring shampoo because they don't have it in the rooms and won't give it to you. The woman who checked me in was cold, didn't welcome me and shouldn't be in the service industry. The TV in my room was fuzzy on every channel (and there are less than 40). Unsure which kept me awake longer because of how loud it was the refrigerator or AC. Beds are terribly uncomfortable: hard and the linens are cheap and unclean. The room overall was not even close to clean and the shower is full of mold (if this was a restaurant the health dept would close it down).

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse at some point they shove a letter under my door that says the water will be turned off at 9am. At 7am there was this horrible noise coming from the bathroom which lasted an hour. I have never wanted to check out of a hotel quicker. Dont stay here, you will regret it. And you will start the process of what i will do next... trying to get a refund!

• Stayed October 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. We have checked the Television Reception and it has been corrected, The plumbing issues that made the noise you referred to is in the process of being repaired. As for the cleanliness and service issues we well keep striving to improve in all areas.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

While recently relocated to this area, "Homestead/Extended Stay America" has been our home away from home. The complete staff; (Dexter, Veronica, Yessica & Josephine), in addition to everyone in housekeeping, including maintenance, are all quite personable, and have been very accommodating. This facility is equipped with numerous operable amenities. It is clean and well maintained, in addition to it's great central location.

And last, I would like to acknowledge the outstanding management and customer service, with credit due to Dexter and Veronica. They are also very friendly yet very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you for the exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. Veronica was so happy to hear your comments she read them out loud to the entire staff. We strive to give the greatest service possible and reading reviews like your makes the entire staff jump for joy.

Cayuga, ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This property has just been renovated and it is lovely. However, the rooms are not cleaned well. A bit of cleaning product and elbow grease will go far. I had to clean the kitchen areas before we used anything in there...this included washing the dishes. We had two different rooms and found the same in both rooms. The mirrors were smeared, the sinks had obviously just been wiped with a cloth - no cleaning product was used, and no scrubbing. The cabinets were not wiped inside or out - a layer of dust covered all. In teh area under the kitchen sink had a lot of dirt - although the garbage was changed the cupboard was never cleaned out. In the bureau drawers there was dust, hair and lint. It is very unfortunate, because the rooms were really nice. The staff was very helpful,but I would suggest that management either invest more money into cleaning products, more cleaning staff and/or training of cleaning staff - supervision of the work done. all of the money spent on renovations will be lost if the property is not taken care of.

Room Tip: if you are there for a few days, ask for a room with a king bed and couch. Much more room for 2 and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love staying at Homestead because its hard to find employees that treats you very good. Thank you very much Veronica, Josephine, and Dexter . My husband David and I loved the way you guys treated us and enjoy our stay. Also I loved the way the rooms are recently renovated and the grab and go breakfast is awesome. Keep the great job you guys are doing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I always stay at Extended stay when I'm traveling for work. I especially enjoy coming to the 200 Bluestone rd location because the staff have awesome attitudes and deliver such great Customer Service to me every stay and I truly appreciate that and I thank all of you....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and your kind words about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and I can truly say that it was magnificent! The staff were so friendly and happy. dexter was the store manager and seemed to me like a really great young man, yesica or jessica was an awesome help she gave me directions to the grocery store nearby and printed out my flight tickets she was a great help! The location is so convenient for a trip to D.C. On the metro. STAY HERE IT'S AMAZING!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love staying at Homestead because of it's convenience to my new job and the fact that the metrobus and metrorail stations are close since I don't have a car yet. The rooms are nice and having a kitchen where I can cook is an added bonus. I love that the internet's free and I'm able to do my laundry. It's a nice temporary home until I can find an apartment in the area. Josephine & Yessica (two ladies who work the front desk) always made me feel welcome and were ready to assist whenever they can. I never experienced any problems or issues while staying at Homestead. The only negative thing is I can only afford to stay here when they run special prices on Priceline due to my limited budget so I have to travel often to find a place to stay where I can afford.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Address: 200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#16 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Washington Dc - Alexandria Hotel Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.