We just returned from a weekend in DC for the last weekend of Cherry Blossom Festival. Our party consisted of 3 adults, a 16 year old exchange student and our 9 year old son. When looking for a value for this mix of people nothing fit the bill like Washington Suites. We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe suite. When we walked in we were all pleasantly surprised by the size of the space. The suite has a good size kitchen, dining area, living room and bedroom. It included two queen beds in the bedroom and a queen fold out sofa in the living room. Even with the sofa bed folded out there was tons of space. A large linen closet out side the bedroom gave us plenty of room to put our stuff up out of the way. The hotel was easy to find from I 95 and the shuttle made things very accessible. We were able to park our truck and not worry about it for the rest of the weekend. A huge bonus is that the room price included a decent continental breakfast and free parking. Most places charge to park so this really was the biggest reason we chose Washington Suites and we all are very glad we did. The breakfast was on the second floor which seems to be the smoking floor as the halls smelled of stale smoke but the cafe area did not. The breakfast was some pretty tasty pastries, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee, juice or milk. The only complaint our group had is that on Saturday night it seemed that only one shuttle driver was working and it took about 20 minutes to get picked up from the metro when we called. But I would like to mention they must have been short staffed that evening because when we called for extra towels the same shuttle driver brought them up. That man was everywhere. We did not use the gym or the outdoor pool as the pool is only open after Memorial Day. My husband did find the large bank of computers in the lobby area convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover spacious suites with impeccable services and extended stay amenities at Washington Suites Alexandria in Virginia, minutes from Washington, DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Washington Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Washington Hotel Alexandria
- Washington Alexandria